Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios

Go down 
+23
Vaati
LuziMiazawa
Hunkamajunka
GnatB
xmikechenx
Shakalakaa
Marduk
Ghost_Star
Spacebug
Abyssight
lucentSwallowtail
Timed
cosmicc89
pipsparker
FfolkGreene
Belphegor606
Tattycoram
Tasaiomar
GreenOpalus
Roanmarvel
AzakaZero
aikendoe
xYukitox
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
xYukitox

xYukitox

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios Empty
PostSubject: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 2:04 am

This is a new cg game that looks like will have some sort of trading/bazaar system in near future, game is very fun and dynamic. Contrary to the other well known game in this forum by SS this game is not run by Mogagarbage or moronic Dena (DNA) -.- . Game tends to have better art than fantasica funny enough on lower rarity cards haha, but gameplay is based on a combo system you start by chaining the 3 type of attacks: slice, flurry, pound.

At the moment i have created a union (equivalent to a guild or clan) in this game that is comprised of fanta or forum members. Feel free to join the game (actually we need more members join D:) Ty for taking time to read this semi long description. I leave the ss to the members in union.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.siliconstudio.ageofishtaria&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/age-of-ishtaria/id926250095?mt=8

http://age-of-ishtaria.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Ishtaria_Wiki

idiotic of me to not add ign and union name...

ign: miuri union: Phantasm

Last edited by xYukitox on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 2:36 am

Repost from Game Discussion thread:

aikendoe wrote:
Age of Ishtaria
- This is a game from Fantasica developers, Silicon Studio.
- Main gameplay is dungeon-like quests which you do with 5 of your units. Also, where is pvp feature and events, like raids on bosses.
Gameplay video:
- Gorgeous anime art, 1* units look batter than our 7*. You can check it HERE
- Unit's enhancing and evolution. Unit stats can be further improved with gems.
- Kawai japaneese voiceover! (Though its recommended to turn it of because bugs)
- Most important: UNIT AND ITEM TRADING IS PROMISED IN THE NEAR FUTURE (game is only 1 month old, mind you).
- Social features: Unions (aka guilds), union chat, can send messages to player, you can put up to 100 players to your watch list.
- Friendly to free players, you can get local currency by doing quests

Downsides:
- Data hungry, so make sure you have enough space on your device and good connection.
- Eats battery like where's no tommorow
- Frequently crashes on older devices
- Energy refills pretty fast, so you'll be glued to device at first. Only relevant to lower player's levels.

So far the only union of fanta players I know about is Phantasm (I'm a member), and you are welcome to join.
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 2:37 am

Reserved for awesome AoI unit pics to drool on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xYukitox

xYukitox

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:10 am

http://age-of-ishtaria.wikia.com/wiki/Dantalion < from loli to voluptuous beauty
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:33 am

Totally loving this game so far, pretty much dropped everything else I was playing.

And it would be awesome to get more forum regulars in our Union! Smile
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:40 pm

This game is pretty fun. It's a little bit like Brave Frontier with an actual combat system, but I like the art better for the most part.

I was hoping that the art would be a little more family friendly and was fooled by things like this:
http://age-of-ishtaria.wikia.com/wiki/Luca

Oh well, it's still better than some of the worse Fanta art anyways.
Back to top Go down
GreenOpalus

GreenOpalus

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 7:08 am

Have been playing this for a few days, love this game so far XD
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 am

Is anyone else having an issue with crashing? I get sent back to the start screen a lot, and if it happens when starting a quest, you lose half the AP you tried to use. They've given me some tips to minimize it (close other apps, restart phone, etc.) but it hasn't helped yet.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 am

The most recent ios update, I think two days ago(?) fixed the crashing problem for me. I play this on an ipad2
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 9:12 am

I'm on an iPhone 5s, with iOS 8 (which is probably the root of my problem). That update didn't fix my issues, but it's good to know they're actively working on solving it.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Did you try turning off the music? They say on the load screen that that helps. Also, I had some problems earlier with my tablet running out of space I believe (since it's always dl-ing stuff on every screen). Once I cleared a little room the crashing stopped so I suspect that's what happened to me.

Changing gears, someone was asking in our Union if there's a Fanta style bonus for feeding 1* -> 2* ect. So I actually did some testing.

It turns out that higher levels units *do* give more experience, but even at level two you're already spend more leveling that you'll get out. I fed a 2* a 1* (grants 100 experience base) to bring it to lvl 2 and the experience gained went from (300 to 340-ish).

Also, 3*'s are worth 800 experience when fed or 1 medal when sold*
A Grimoire I is worth 500 experience when fed and can be bought 3 for 1 medal.

So don't use 3*'s for feeding!

* +1 grants 1600 experience, +2 grants 2400 experience (I believe), when sold you get 1/2/3 medals depending on evolution, but you *also* get double medals if they have max loyalty, which enforces the point that 3*'s are for selling not feeding.

Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Played this game since last week

Liking it so far, esp. the art. I like the subtle change of +1 art and total makeover of +2 art though sometimes I like the +1 art better than +2

Game system and menu kinda remind me of blood brothers (BB) but battle system is different and requires more strategy

Eagerly waiting for the baazar, if it's anything like BB's bazaar or even better that would be great

The assist system is neat but I hope it can be customized or recharged without finishing the quest first

If it can be customized, I'd put more pound cards inside since I usually only run 1 pound card in a team and it really crippled me when the said card get KO'ed and I ran out of revival items (item limit T_T)

Active union is important if u wanna get the good stuff from event

Current raid and gifting event final reward is doable with reasonable grinding if u got active union

Got Elise (gifting) yesterday and Samyaza +2 (raid) today ^_^
Back to top Go down
FfolkGreene

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 5:14 am

Started playing yesterday. Have 6 3*s so far and leader is Gaia +2. Getting used to the combat system. In soul trains union but looking for more active. Is it possible to switch union?

Invite code: f48c8v
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 7:15 pm

FfolkGreene wrote:
Started playing yesterday. Have 6 3*s so far and leader is Gaia +2. Getting used to the combat system. In soul trains union but looking for more active. Is it possible to switch union?

yes you can switch union

got to union > news > transfer
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 3:57 am

Belphegor606 wrote:
FfolkGreene wrote:

yes you can switch union

got to union > news > transfer

Our union, Phantasm, is full unfortunately. I hope they raise the union limit in the future.
Back to top Go down
pipsparker

pipsparker

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 4:39 am

Really enjoying this game

Last edited by pipsparker on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cosmicc89

cosmicc89

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Hey pipsparker,
I'm also enjoying AoI currently! I searched for Light Squad but several come up. Who is the leader that I could identify which one is your's?
my IGN is Faerune
Back to top Go down
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Timed

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 1:26 pm

The bazaar is coming out so tading is now a thing ^.^
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:22 pm

there's 5 sell / buy limit per day but still nice

They put minimum AP/BP pots per card * rarity though

That said now they introduce EU, here we go again
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 5:23 am

Finding the bazaar annoying. Have to have a card in inventory or wishlist to specify it's what you want to trade FOR, and then the exact version of the card. (i.e. if you have a +1 and are looking for the base card so you can get it to +2, tough luck. You have to dig through other peoples units looking for the card you want so you can wishlist it.)

And you can't even wishlist your own card before you evolve it to +1. Haven't found any way to wishlist a card you own. You either have to wait to evolve it until you have 3 of 'em, or hopefully find a copy in somebody elses inventory so that you can wishlist it from there. (or on the market for trade for a card you have, of course.. and no, there doesn't seem to be any way to wishlist cards on the market either.)

That said, got lucky with my 10 login gold ticket and pulled a 5*. And earlier today pulled a 5* with a silver ticket.

I'm also not really finding the game particularly strategic feeling all that much anymore in terms of choosing how to attack.

I have 5 units:
Pound (multi skill)
Flurry (rush skill)
Flurry (multi skill)
Slice (rush skill)
Slice (multi skill)

If it's a bunch of creatures, it's:
Flurry
multi-Flurry->(multi skill)
multi-Slice
multi-Slice->(multi skill)
multi-Pound->(multi skill)

which seems to do the best multi target damage.

If it's a few creatures, it's:
pound
rend->Flurry
Slice
rush->slice (rush skill)
rush->Flurry (rush skill)

Which seems to do the best single target damage, regardless of whether it's an armored, heavy, or light target. About the only upgrade (other than improving rarity) would be to replace the slice unit with only rush skill with one that does both rush and multi. (Note for those who haven't discovered it yet, Pound->flurry (a.k.a. rend) is defense debuff.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:00 pm

I have semi-retired from Fanta and switched to AOI (basically I'm just logging in to Fanta once a day and being disappointed, while looking forward to playing AOI.)

Fellow forum members and allies can find me there under the same name, Tattycoram Follow me so I can find you. I'm not sure exactly what following does for us yet (the Union seems the important ally mechanic) but it is fun to see familiar names and spy on your cards Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Tattycoram wrote:
and spy on your cards Very Happy

"spying on cards", with the way the bazaar works, is very very useful.  AFAIK only way to wishlist a card, and as I said, only way to create a trade for a specific card you don't have is if you have it wishlisted.  More people's inventory you can peak into, better the chance of finding the card you're looking for in order to wishlist it.

Oh, and incidentally, supposedly 5 sell/buy per day, but you can only have 3 auctions going at a time, and they last 2 days with no way to adjust that I could find.  Curiously, the 5 in the 5/day is different color/font, which leads me to believe that the intent is (eventually) there will be some means of upgrading that.

Edit: And with the way medal exchanges work, I'm hopeful there will actually be significant downtrading. a 3*+2 is worth 3/6 medals. As I understand it, a 4* is only worth 2/4. Similarly, a 4*+2 is worth 6/12, but a 5* is only worth 4/8. So a newer player looking for upgrades, trading a +2 unit for the next rank higher is a win for him, but for an older player, trading a base unit for a +2 of the next rank lower is a win for them. Assuming you don't mind the additional loyalty grind, you should only really be cashing in 3*'s.
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 10:55 am

You can add units in your album to your wishlist, in addition to stalking other people's unit lists.  All the quirks with the bazaar seem to be aimed at discouraging cheating with alts and borrowing units.  Also, trades tend to be negotiated beforehand through other means (i.e. Line, Kik) than through the "I'm just gonna throw this out there and hope someone bites."  I also enjoy the ability to avoid lowball/ridiculous trade offers by just scrolling past them.

Edit: for grammar
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:09 pm

I started playing this game today. It seems to use a lot of battery and data so I can only play at home on wifi. So far it seems ok but early levels are quick. I need a week or so to decide whether I like it or not.

IGN: Abyssight
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 9:43 pm

the AP/BP restriction kinda killed the item trading market for 4* and up

seeing lots of 5* sold at minimum AP/BP and still on for days

I'm mostly trading card for card now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: