Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios

Go down 
+23
Vaati
LuziMiazawa
Hunkamajunka
GnatB
xmikechenx
Shakalakaa
Marduk
Ghost_Star
Spacebug
Abyssight
lucentSwallowtail
Timed
cosmicc89
pipsparker
FfolkGreene
Belphegor606
Tattycoram
Tasaiomar
GreenOpalus
Roanmarvel
AzakaZero
aikendoe
xYukitox
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 7:55 am

I pulled 2x 6* with the refresh coupons and a bunch of 5*'s. Though I did spend a fair bit on crowns, I'd say it was worth it compared with the other packs. These refresh packs are basically gold packs for 100 crowns with a 2x modifier, but with a reduced selection of the units that can be pulled, mostly female units (not complaining here either).

EDIT: one of the 5* I pulled was Gabriel and everyone seemed to want her, but I'm not sure why? I did notice she has both Rush and Multi skills... is that the reason she is so wanted? Or is it because she's a new unit? (she's new right?)
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Spacebug, Gabriel is an event unit for the event that ends today (plus good skills and art). That's why she's so popular at the moment.

Congrats on all your pulls!
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Welp, final 10x tic. (2 million, unlikely to reach 2.2 by end of event) So unless I get rediculucky on tix from kills, no +2 for me. How's everybody else going on their tix pulls?
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Tasaiomar wrote:
Spacebug, Gabriel is an event unit for the event that ends today (plus good skills and art).  That's why she's so popular at the moment.

Congrats on all your pulls!

Omg... I feel like a noob now.. had no idea this raid event had an event unit... and thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 7:44 am

Right, the next event has showed up: a gifting event where trading gifts will give you more special units.

While one can just gift his followers & Union, the new raid bosses also give gifts. I'll be active as far as the gifts i have, so if anyone wanna trade gifts with me, reach me on KIK.

Also, while i'm in a nice Union, if there's one going actively for the raids, do warn me ^_^
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Not really sure what a good strategy is here.

The early 8 point quests seem better per point spent for building up encounter rate, not to mention more chances of encounter per point to begin with. (Also, from what I remember, better for grinding loyalty) However the rules state that you have a better chance of getting gifts from higher level quests.

That said, while I ran maybe 4 higher level quests, (final quest of Plains of the Emperor 3x, and final of Valley of Death 1x) and Ruins of Purity maybe a half dozen times, I haven't yet *noticed* getting a single gift, though it's possible the notification of such is subtle. However I've definitely noticed getting gifts in the mail from a raid.

If raids are, in fact, the primary means of acquiring gifts, then perhaps I should simply ignore the higher difficulty quests and grind out the 8 point ones for raids? Not sure. My gut feeling is do higher difficulty quest (Death's Chime-4 I can do w/o healing) for higher gift drops until the encounter rate is around 50%, then switch over to a cheaper 8AP quest to trigger the raid.

(or does anybody have any advice on which quest is optimal to run/when to run it?)
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 4:19 pm

From our union chat, no one has gotten a single gift from a quest all day. Some are hoping that this gets fixed, others are assuming that the rules changes but the text didn't. Toward that, I'd go with one of two strategies: Either focus on highest encounter rate and loyalty grind, or keep progressing in the quests if you still need to. There are rewards for union points from the raid bosses too, so even if the gifts remain stingy all week, there's still something to gain.

Unfortunately, I don't have any optimal quest strategies yet. Too much of my quest grinding has been defined by the three crash minimum, which means I loyalty grind quests with no more than 4 fights a lot.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Tasaiomar wrote:
From our union chat, no one has gotten a single gift from a quest all day.  Some are hoping that this gets fixed, others are assuming that the rules changes but the text didn't.  Toward that, I'd go with one of two strategies: Either focus on highest encounter rate and loyalty grind, or keep progressing in the quests if you still need to.  There are rewards for union points from the raid bosses too, so even if the gifts remain stingy all week, there's still something to gain.

Unfortunately, I don't have any optimal quest strategies yet.  Too much of my quest grinding has been defined by the three crash minimum, which means I loyalty grind quests with no more than 4 fights a lot.

Can you use wifi? I know on my old phone if I was on 4gLTE I'd crash after each fight, so had the same problem as you and could only do short quests. It was fine on wifi though. (Haven't tried 4g on new phone yet. Figured it was just an issue with that phone not having enough memory.)

O.k, so yeah. 8ap quests for loyalty & raids it is. I've already finished all the quests but the bonus ones, figure I'll save those for the next bingo event. (wish there was some way to keep track of which bonus ones you finish, since there *is* a fairly decent crown reward for first finish of 'em)
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:02 pm

Just a heads up, just got a gift from a quest, so either it's just very rare, or it's been fixed.

(fwiw, 2 gifts from  Protector of Ruins-4)

edit:

Notice saying it's been fixed, compensation of 1 AP pot.

Anyhoo, from my testing, I've gotten 0, 1, and 2 from an 8ap quest.  I've gotten 0 and 5 from a 20 ap quest.

My gut feeling is the higher AP quest (final in plains) isn't worth it, as the odds of 0 seem fairly high.  So it doesn't feel noticeably better for gifts, (may even be worse), and from what I've seen is definitely worse in both raid acquisition and loyalty grinding.

Went ahead and ran final quest of plains of emperor a few more times
7!... 0.... 0.... 2....

Basically, meh. Only gonna do it if I'm in a hurry to use up AP.

Last edited by GnatB on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:04 pm

This event, especially coming after last events enhancement boost, is murder on my inbox. Tons and Tons of Grimoires.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 2:40 pm

I use wifi when I can, but I'm out and about too often. I like to sneak in battles to keep BP regenerating, but it's too time consuming and problematic to grind quests all the time. Still, I do what I can, I just acknowledge that I'm better suited for colo than gifting based on my play style.

As far as what levels to grind, it does seem that gifts, like loyalty, are cheaper to grind on lower levels. The only real advantage of harder levels seems to be the additional experience (and having Valefor in your team really helps with that).
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Gnat, if you switch to low levels to grind gifts, the best one is stronghold of peace 2-4 (best loyalty per ap).
Best high level quest is probably goddess grotto 4-4 as it gives up to 9k xp (put valefor and mefathiel into deck) and nice amount of stones.
I was farming fire palace 4-3 and cant say that gift drop is that good (~1,5-2 gifts at average).
Timeroc suggested farming pride of gryffin 2-4 and said he had a good drop rate there, testing it now
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm not Timeroc and haven't had great luck with it, but Gryffin 2-4 gives you the most stages / AP I believe (6 steps for 13 AP). So if we assume each step has a roughly equal chance for a gift (silver chest) then that's the place to be.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 5:48 am

Well, I *am* pretty sure that books come from chests, so it could be most monsters per AP is best.
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Average gift drop rate for griffyn 2-4 is 1,7. 70+ runs
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Personally, I'm really sort of impressed, after fantasica gift events, that the gifts here are actually gifts. I've picked up quite a few M/L Spirit gems, as well as at least 5 gold tickets.

Makes it worthwhile for even those who've reached the 300 gift target to keep getting/giving to support folks who haven't.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 2:55 pm

GnatB wrote:
Personally, I'm really sort of impressed, after fantasica gift events, that the gifts here are actually gifts.  I've picked up quite a few M/L Spirit gems, as well as at least 5 gold tickets.

Makes it worthwhile for even those who've reached the 300 gift target to keep getting/giving to support folks who haven't.

I agree. Really enjoyed this gifting event in Ishtaria. What a difference between this game and Fanta!
* In Ishtaria you did NOT have to buy gifts to get the best reward. The 5* Ywain was completely achievable as a free player as long as you could spend some time on the game (though NOTHING like 24/7 required in Fanta) and active followers or union members.
* Gifts actually turned into GIFTS, as you say. Randomly, they turned into battle potions or summons (even gold summons), spirit gems, etc. So it really was like exchanging a real "gift" with a friend. A really fun way to farm for goodies.

In our union we kept in communication via Line and kept updated on who was still actively trying to reach 300 gifts. After those of us who could be more active met the 300 threshold, we prioritized gifting with those playesr. So everyone in our guild who could play the even and wanted the reward 5* was able to achieve her.

The potential for achieving things through a real team as opposed to simply a list of allies who you help one-on-one is really impressive.

I really appreciate how Ishtaria gives out the real-money currency (crowns) pretty regularly through game achievements and event rewards. I also appreciate how the events are long enough that you don't have to be on the game 24/7 in order to do well. I hope the game is able to maintain this nice balance and not turn into the money-grab-death-spiral that Fanta became.
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Yeah AOI has been better for my health compared to fanta

event length are just right

they follow jap server setting as is so no event shortening, reward bracket adjustment, etc like fanta

and it's not on mobage platform so I think there shouldn't be crossover event with other game too
Back to top Go down
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 12:24 am

Seems there are new features implemented after last maintenance

There's an all out attack for quest which may be handy when u want to dump AP quickly

and Assist passive skill can proc too now
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 1:32 am

And ton of free ap/bp for medals
Back to top Go down
Chiral

Chiral

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:42 pm

Is the union still open? I started the game today but the system can't find the union name. D':
Back to top Go down
chaoticsouljam

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Hey guys, not sure if this is where I should be asking this but this is probably the only thread that is related to both fanta and ishtaria.

So, does anyone know an easier way to look for cards that you want other than taking a look at people's card list and hoping they have what you want and are willing to trade? Is there a trade chat or something similar or do I just stalk the card pack page until I find what we're looking for?

Also, is there anyone willing to trade ishtaria cards for fanta stuff like pots and te?

Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:04 pm

chaoticsouljam wrote:
Hey guys, not sure if this is where I should be asking this but this is probably the only thread that is related to both fanta and ishtaria.

So, does anyone know an easier way to look for cards that you want other than taking a look at people's card list and hoping they have what you want and are willing to trade? Is there a trade chat or something similar or do I just stalk the card pack page until I find what we're looking for?

Also, is there anyone willing to trade ishtaria cards for fanta stuff like pots and te?

If you mean in order to wishlist cards so you can sell stuff for them, if you know type/element, you can look for 'em in the bazaar, and add them to your wishlist from there.  Other than that, you're pretty much stuck to trolling peoples cards lists.

That said, the bazaar isn't very well designed.  It really needs reverse search, as well as the ability to offer multiple cards for a single card, instead of just the other way around. I've just about given up on it, other than for trading roughly equivalent single card trades.
Back to top Go down
chaoticsouljam

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:53 pm

GnatB wrote:
chaoticsouljam wrote:

If you mean in order to wishlist cards so you can sell stuff for them, if you know type/element, you can look for 'em in the bazaar, and add them to your wishlist from there.  Other than that, you're pretty much stuck to trolling peoples cards lists.

That said, the bazaar isn't very well designed.  It really needs reverse search, as well as the ability to offer multiple cards for a single card, instead of just the other way around.  I've just about given up on it, other than for trading roughly equivalent single card trades.

Yeah, the bazaar design does not make it easy to trade at all. Hopefully they'll revamp it in the future...
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 am

Where are several Line chatrooms dedicated to trades. Not that I found something useful there as 50% of trades are RMT.

Our union changed name to Carpe Diem and is full as of now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: