Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Best event to Rank for 7* for free player

Go down 
+8
comabrighter
winterfallen
lucentSwallowtail
Tattycoram
Tasaiomar
Vaati
po1102
seanlink
12 posters
AuthorMessage
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

Best event to Rank for 7* for free player Empty
PostSubject: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:22 pm

What's the best event for a mostly free player (spend about $1-2 per event) to try and rank for a 7*?

I have a few 7*s (Marybell, Winter, Pastorus, Uno) and a lot of 6*s. My item stock is about 161 pot(p), 167 tradeable pots, 668 TE(p) and 166 tradeable TE and over 12,000 Hero Points.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Well any resource based event would be good: tower, colo, training-tower, raising, maybe even legion. But of course they don't do much of those events because panel, training, and gifting events give them more money. Still you could try and rank in events when most ppl are taking a break, like this one.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Thought about ranking this one but i can't be as active for the last 3 days of it.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:52 pm

I don't have the pots nor the energy to burn in a week-long event xP
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:25 am

I'd remove raising from your event list, because i've invested a lot in the latest raising event ( more than thrice of what seanlink currently has), and still didn't won the ranking 7* with 2 EUs (4* and 5*).

Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:28 am

My advice for a free rank 7* would be Dice.  I have a few allies who took advantage of a free EU 6* that everyone seemed to get (I'd have to look up why exactly) and ranked for Lava Golem without spending any money.  You'll also get enough pots back from fights and laps to stretch your stash further than you'd expect.

*Edit: I take it back, it wasn't quite free for them. They spent a couple of dollars to get Plum via points from buying Step Ups, and used her to rank.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:06 am

If you mean that you spend $1-2 on every event, not just the ones you try to rank it, I would add to save your $1-2 per event, and then spend it all instead on just one event where you really want to try to rank. Sometimes even just one $30 pack for the items can give you a boost at the end to help make the difference in rank.
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 am

Yea, dice may or may not be doable depending on if they're generous with the EU again (unlikely). IIRC, to buy the EU6 Plum from packs was roughly $12. As with all events, EU is very important, and with the recent changes to events that allow stacking bonuses, they are sometimes very expensive to trade (pure) for, if not near impossible.

I've never ranked for anything beyond a 6*, but my guess for 7* ranking is that you'll need an event where:
1. Using personal resources (TE(p) or pot(p)) are more beneficial to points than the purchase-able event items
2. An EU is easily obtainable (with your current pure, my guess is that you can definitely buy an EU5).

My two cents. Feel free to comment/agree/disagree :3
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 am

I agree with everything lucent said, but I'll add:

3. Time. You need to be available to play the entire event, particularly the final day of the event when other will spend and burn to try to catch up.

The other thing that helps (other than sheer dumb luck) is to have active and friendly allies. I managed to dumb luck my way into an EU7* once, and shared it at night while I slept. My friend used it well enough to rank higher than I did and got three rank 7* out of that popularity event (I 'settled' for two due to other time commitments). Depending on the event, borrowing or renting a better EU for key moments (ticket battles, stud mode, etc.) may be better than buying an EU5* for the whole event.
Back to top Go down
winterfallen
☆☆
winterfallen

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 pm

ftr raising events are few and far between but it's entirely doable to rank for 7* without spending IF you are able to obtain eu7, have extremely active allies, and have time & resources to grind hard for the duration of the event.

the event items in packs for raising (as of the last event) have literally zero effect on rank but the eu is very, very important. my friend pulled blueberry on a small dream ticket and finished at r15 while still lending her to me enough for me to rank for thurste as well. in the end she did buy a $1 pack but it was to evolve her water girl.

you can get away with not using that much te/p if your allies are active enough and feed you a lot of bosses. actually, a different ally of mine finished at r16 in a different group with no eu at all and over 3K wins so if you have a really deep ally bench you might be ok with just that if you can refresh your battle screen really fast.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:23 pm

The problem with raising event though is it clashes pretty hard with real life. I can't concentrate on anything else if I have to constantly tap go in and go out and in and out every few seconds. I tried my best last raising event and only got around 800 wins. That guy with 3000 wins must have run a macro program or sth to handle the hardest part of the event for him.

Dice event at its core is a pure pay to win event; free players can't rely on their saved up resources to rapidly progress through the boards to gain bt quickly like spenders with loads of candies can; free players only have like 3-5 big dices, which most of them save for a chance at chest 7*, throughout the whole event while spenders, again, have loads of them which when used in combination with eu and bonus boards give massive bt boost. Last time ppl might rank for free was probably because the rank rewards didn't look appealing to spenders (no boobs! And they thought Lava golem was another T.Dragon) aside from cheap and abundant eu 6*.

So, ranking for 7* imo also depends on how hard spenders will go for the rewards. Taking advantage of event when ppl are taking a break like this one (because, wait for it...., no boobs!!! Or at least only 8* has boobs) can make the whole ordeal much more manageable.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Excellent points po. Maybe it comes down to which events you enjoy playing. My allies really like the Dice event, so when the opportunity was there they went for it (I went for Kamu and came up empty). Personally I really like Popularity, so when I had a chance to rank, that's what I did. Also, no matter how good an opportunity Panel is to rank, I probably still couldn't bring myself to stick with it for a week.
Back to top Go down
winterfallen
☆☆
winterfallen

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:00 pm

yeah it really does depend on how hard spenders will go, that is a good point.

he didn't use a macro, tho, he was just able to play for pretty much most of the day + has an ally pool of basically 100% rankers. my ally list is only about half rankers/i had to work for part of the last 2 days and i still got around 1.5K wins. my friend with blueberry finished with just over 2K iirc and they were very conservative with te/p usage. in terms of win count and raising, it really is down to how much free time you have to focus on refreshing the battle screen constantly and how hardcore your allies are.

as for bt/ranking, i only had eu5 on my own and the gap between that and eu7 was huuuuge. i definitely wouldn't have ranked for * if i hadn't been able to borrow blueberry for a few hours each day because the amount and quality of the bosses attracted was just so totally different even without the bt bonus and i was (am) still low on pots. as it was i still used 200+ te (p) to get thurste.
Back to top Go down
comabrighter

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:45 pm

i'm the ally winterfallen is talking about (apparently my older account here got removed for inactivity and my request to reinstate it never got answered, lol). i finished at r15 and about 2k wins last raising under my own sad, nerdy power. i pulled the eu7 on the first day from a free dream ticket, kicked allies who weren't doing the event seriously, and just spent the next few days glued to my phone. i probably only used about 40 pots and 20 te all told, because i had active ranking allies and strong monsters and didn't really need to do more. a factor there is that i didn't have much of a surplus; if i did i might have spammed and gotten a higher rank.

imo you can easily rank in any event you want to for free as long as you save up your items (personal potions and time elixirs). sometimes that means saving for months. my advice would be to pick an event type you actually enjoy (and make sure it's one that's not two weeks long) when you have time to grind all day every day, and buy an eu6 or eu7 from other players on the first day. dice is a good suggestion too - you don't *need* the dice from packs, though it helps a lot, what you you *need* is a lot of potions, and potions you can save up.

legion used to be very good for free players, but the last one they f'd us over with the "mana potions". bleh.

outside the windfall of miracle ticket pulls, i'm a "once in a blue moon" spender and i've been able to do well in plenty of events by budgeting my time and item use.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:10 pm

comabrighter wrote:
imo you can easily rank in any event you want to for free as long as you save up your items (personal potions and time elixirs). sometimes that means saving for months. my advice would be to pick an event type you actually enjoy (and make sure it's one that's not two weeks long) when you have time to grind all day every day, and buy an eu6 or eu7 from other players on the first day. dice is a good suggestion too - you don't *need* the dice from packs, though it helps a lot, what you you *need* is a lot of potions, and potions you can save up.

I don't think any amount of saved up te can help you outrank spenders in panel event though, same for gifting. And in training event, the limited resources aren't pots but your allies, how many times and how often they assist you; unless you burn pots to solo bosses (if you have eu and get a lot of high leveled 6* and 7* bosses have fun soloing them) you can't, like one of my allies puts it, burn like a mofo no matter how many pots you have. Training event did have a lot of changes since it's introduced and the addition of one big special boss that gives loads of bt and is shared between allies really helps free players do the impossible before: ranking in a training event.
Back to top Go down
comabrighter

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:47 pm

you are correct, though most panel and gift events would likely be long enough to be disqualified from suggested criteria anyway. events in which purchased items make up the bulk of bt earned are obviously going to be way harder (and possibly pointless) for free players. though with group rankings it's easier to climb overall, and not every event type is the same every time it rolls around.

seanlink, if you've got pastorus, winter, and uno, you've got a handle on the kind of time investment ranking takes. once you get a feel for how each event works you'll be able to judge which one is best for you. save, plan, and get ready to lose some sleep.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:35 pm

po1102 wrote:
comabrighter wrote:

I don't think any amount of saved up te can help you outrank spenders in panel event though, same for gifting. And in training event, the limited resources aren't pots but your allies, how many times and how often they assist you; unless you burn pots to solo bosses (if you have eu and get a lot of high leveled 6* and 7* bosses have fun soloing them) you can't, like one of my allies puts it, burn like a mofo no matter how many pots you have. Training event did have a lot of changes since it's introduced and the addition of one big special boss that gives loads of bt and is shared between allies really helps free players do the impossible before: ranking in a training event.

TE(P) is officially useless. Hoard if you want lol Razz

The new arena event that uses TE... too many things can go wrong. There will be players who will buy swords and essences from packs. All TE events suck, period.

Raising is FAR from being an easy event to rank. It's just too popular.

Popularity is by far, the BEST to rank. Ironically, you don't even need to burn 300 pots with constant grinding to get the rank 7* and the LP 7* from personal experience. But then again, not many ppl like the art for the previous one, so I guess that's why it was easy.

People may be able to rank for 7* in Legion but you need to grind like Panel due to the new mechanics of disabling potions. Also, its too luck-based as well, all the EPIC stages need luck to get them...

The old events like Colo and Tower are okay to rank for 7*. (I can't really say about Training-Tower)
However, Colo doesn't seem good for the rewards or in the case of The Royal Court, no rank rewards at all. No 7* but 8* from Area 5 WITH TRADELOCK! (Still possible to obtain for free players but you need to trade with those who are guaranteed spending for this event before tradelock maintenance starts WITH LOTS OF RESOURCES)

No Tower Events yet and I don't think they will come any time soon. Perhaps never...
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 5:48 am

Well, tower and colo officially have no rank rewards anymore.

Training tower would be my best suggstion, sadly they are few and far between these days.

Regular training could work if you have super-active ranking allies. But very time-consuming.

Dice/Board has an upper limit for free players, eventually you need more candy to push up the ranks and spenders have the most candy.

Panel and gifting are both p2w, 'nuff said.

Legion is p2w after they removed pots.

Clash could work, I suppose, unless they remove regular TE from that like they did with pots in Legion. Clash is also time-consuming (well, i guess everything is).

Raising, as has been mentioned, very competitive but doable if you can nolife it.

Popularity, I'll leave it to other players to judge since I never do well in these events.

As a relatively casual player who's not spending much I'm getting kinda depressed by this list...
Back to top Go down
phoenix2801

phoenix2801

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:42 am

I have successfully ranked for Dice and Clash and I think they are good event for free players. Here are my 2cents:

Dice: Easier if you are a light spender(<20$) as it will guarantee that you have at least 2nd tier dice for the bonus board. EU is not required as even a 6* only gives u 1k bonus per battle. One thing ppl may not know is that the damage bonus is really high. If you managed to deck attack a boss with almost 0 hp, you can net at least 10k bonus points. So plain your attack carefully, low dice card is a big help. Always save a gold dice and a high dice card for the 7* chest (it's an epic check with more than 150 requirement). Another plus for ranking in this event is that you can get loads of TE also.

Clash: You will need 100 TE per day to maintain ranking and 200 TE for the last few hours. Only do master (legendary is ok if you can clear them with only 1 pot used). The good thing about his event is that many ppl will go for the tomb reward instead, which reduces the competition a lot.
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Ranking or wining stuff? I'd say princess/popularity for winning stuff. Trade/buy/beg a eu 6* and just burn through around 100(p) pots helping all the girls. My rank sucked last time but I snagged the untradable 7* and 5 6* in one event so I was happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best event to Rank for 7* for free player   Best event to Rank for 7* for free player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best event to Rank for 7* for free player
Page 1 of 1