Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

[EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]

Go down 
+107
fidyyuan
Ninjawa
jant0y
Rat160
wktang76
Phobetor
conductings
tanisdl
ATROPEX
BadEndNight
snofuzz
smr010
Pandalicious
basiliskeye
sdzonlic
Tenser
Lanjin559
GAKUBUN
Akisu
dnonamus
Lydia_H_Christ
Ruego
Pinion
airporkk
jpzchaos14
TypeAlpha
Destini411
Stoire
LoveLoucia
tmelloi
sychosys
needle27
Player9988
timlai1209
Rhyan
wubwu
Lolli
tsunonlau
ic0n
pizzatheveggie
steakjuice
KillianBlack
Evageek
MajinKoba
aniken671
Gunzlinger
weapon273
MiyamaMizuki
myad
colderpenguinn
Wheatmidge
alucard35o
r3mix
ragnarok
snappycow
AaronIsNerd
po1102
Blargod
Whenesday
brokenchicken
DLC123G
jmrrice
Lights337
chaosbladeuk
Yimikoo
LatinLegacy
song414
Ghost_Star
k2rolla503
Xiei
predator852
Cam
Achieve
Fezz0Blade
BkWiz
Hyde
Dannupa
Varis
sultunpepper
easy332
memphiskite
kelvshum2990
Shokkeru
Loveapplesss
Grimblade88
duhmichael17
Sientara
Space Butler
aszutai
aquCHAOS
the3ptsling
cymophane
King-Shawe
j0k3r3r
sharpyzu
sagemacleod
jsherman
NapkinPower
Rakath
Gen137
Despoted
bx65
zoebeagle
Xzaral
clocksprocket
Avyel
ElysianField
111 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

[EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:23 pm

My strategy works like this.

Use small roc elixir. Do the highest act I can. Do the battle. Wait for reset. Do highest act. Do the battle. Do all my training. Wait for reset. Repeat.

I do keep losing ranks on BT until I get a boss, which jumps me up 10-30 spots. I slowly climb the battle ladder, though I win more than I lose. Thus far I haven't used a single TE or large roc elixir.
Back to top Go down
j0k3r3r
☆☆
j0k3r3r

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm

^what he said

btw, xzaral, your picture looks like craig from malcolm in the middle Laughing
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 pm

10k+ active players last I checked.

Depending on your team comp and whether you are using small v. large, the boss fights are laughably easy or very difficult.
Back to top Go down
j0k3r3r
☆☆
j0k3r3r

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:30 pm

HAH just fought Vine boss team with small vial. owned! and i almost didnt use one.
Back to top Go down
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:30 pm

j0k3r3r wrote:
^what he said

btw, xzaral, your picture looks like craig from malcolm in the middle Laughing

Didn't know who that was, had to google fast (I've seen it a couple times, but not enough to know the characters at all). And that picture is actually me. True blooded nerd I am.
Back to top Go down
j0k3r3r
☆☆
j0k3r3r

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 pm

how much are large vials selling for right now?
Back to top Go down
KillianBlack

KillianBlack

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Logged off last night at rank 8. Woke up 7 hours later at rank 14. Throughout the day I've stayed 13 or 14. Some folks are passing me up (lookin at u Bk) and some seemed to stop pushing.
Back to top Go down
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 pm

j0k3r3r wrote:

I've seen them going for 2-3 TE a piece. Personally I'm not selling mine at of yet (unless I think I could get a 6* as part of a trade). Depending on how things go on the last day, it's possible then of course.
Back to top Go down
j0k3r3r
☆☆
j0k3r3r

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Xzaral wrote:
j0k3r3r wrote:

I've seen them going for 2-3 TE a piece. Personally I'm not selling mine at of yet (unless I think I could get a 6* as part of a trade). Depending on how things go on the last day, it's possible then of course.

im actually looking to buy. and for luna. i dont have a whole lot of TEs
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Xzaral wrote:
j0k3r3r wrote:

I haven't seen anyone buy any for 2TE.
Please tell me where these people are because I'm looking to sell. ^_^

Not saying they aren't selling for that much, but it doesn't seem common.
People seem to prefer buying small over large.
Back to top Go down
j0k3r3r
☆☆
j0k3r3r

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Cam wrote:
Xzaral wrote:
j0k3r3r wrote:

I haven't seen anyone buy any for 2TE.
Please tell me where these people are because I'm looking to sell. ^_^

Not saying they aren't selling for that much, but it doesn't seem common.
People seem to prefer buying small over large.

the reason for that is probably because of TE quantities. i use smalls regularly but when i finally will use larges, i doubt i have enough TE to burn through all 10 of my large.
Back to top Go down
LatinLegacy

LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:55 pm

KillianBlack wrote:
Logged off last night at rank 8. Woke up 7 hours later at rank 14. Throughout the day I've stayed 13 or 14. Some folks are passing me up (lookin at u Bk) and some seemed to stop pushing.

I think what happened after the last event have some people hesitant of pushing to hard. At the moment, a lot of people are far less aggressive in the early going. An event like this also does a good job exposing how much TE is still floating around. Especially on the battle side. Although I still expect to see a few thousand TE spent by the top players when it is all said & done.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:18 pm

far less aggressive? you're kidding me right? I'm online and still dropping ranks...
Back to top Go down
KillianBlack

KillianBlack

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

LatinLegacy wrote:
KillianBlack wrote:

I think what happened after the last event have some people hesitant of pushing to hard. At the moment, a lot of people are far less aggressive in the early going. An event like this also does a good job exposing how much TE is still floating around. Especially on the battle side. Although I still expect to see a few thousand TE spent by the top players when it is all said & done.

-LatinLegacy

This is the first event I've really competed hard in so I can't really compare. I assume top players are going to burn TEs hard at the start and end of the event and some wont stop til Sunday. Reading about the unpatched exploit in the other thread has me a little concerned about spending time or money on this game anymore tho.
Back to top Go down
steakjuice

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:29 pm

As a new player, what should my goal be in this event? I've essentially been going through the acts as quickly as possible, but I hadn't been using potions regularly until Act 3. The Acts are getting tougher now, and I imagine I will reach a point where I'll start losing more battles than winning sooner than later.

I've cleared 4000 points and am approaching Furfur. Is that as far as I can go? Should I be trading my large potions for elixirs once I reach that point?

On a side note, poison is SUCH a nasty ability here. Doing damage while being attacked by your enemy is absurd!
Back to top Go down
KillianBlack

KillianBlack

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:32 pm

sharpyzu wrote:
far less aggressive? you're kidding me right? I'm online and still dropping ranks...

He's right. Many haven't been pushing hard throughout the day. But still I wonder about how much TE is going around. With people not TE boting anymore where are these thousands of TEs coming from? Do people spend hundreds/thousands of coins at the store or are there more people discovering the exploit?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:57 pm

steakjuice wrote:
As a new player, what should my goal be in this event? I've essentially been going through the acts as quickly as possible, but I hadn't been using potions regularly until Act 3. The Acts are getting tougher now, and I imagine I will reach a point where I'll start losing more battles than winning sooner than later.

I've cleared 4000 points and am approaching Furfur. Is that as far as I can go? Should I be trading my large potions for elixirs once I reach that point?

On a side note, poison is SUCH a nasty ability here. Doing damage while being attacked by your enemy is absurd!

i was a week into the game when the last area came out and i pushed hard for the 4* cards on pvp and the tower and then i just took it easy. I was able to farm up a few more TE so thats what i would do if i were just take it easy and enjoy the exp for your cards and the fun of winning a pvp battle. last event i had mostly 3* and finished in the 500's, now i have all 5/4* cards and my allys are all 4/5/6's and im maintaining the 400's and its much harder. i wouldnt push yourself at all.

and poison is great until you are doing/taking 5-10x's more damage in 1 hit than poison ticks you dont really notice it.
Back to top Go down
j0k3r3r
☆☆
j0k3r3r

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:59 pm

KillianBlack wrote:
LatinLegacy wrote:
KillianBlack wrote:

-LatinLegacy

This is the first event I've really competed hard in so I can't really compare. I assume top players are going to burn TEs hard at the start and end of the event and some wont stop til Sunday. Reading about the unpatched exploit in the other thread has me a little concerned about spending time or money on this game anymore tho.
can you link to that thread?
Back to top Go down
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
snappycow

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:05 pm

j0k3r3r wrote:
KillianBlack wrote:
LatinLegacy wrote:
KillianBlack wrote:

-LatinLegacy

can you link to that thread?

Lol, just in case if you want to know what the exploit is, it's not revealed. It's the "I'm suspended" thread over at the Game Discussion. But that's largely irrelevant to this thread.

I agree that In my one month + of playing Fanta, this even is probably the most fun I've ever had Very Happy Princess boxes are awesome, as the 5* drop rate is higher than 'regular' Premium boxes, so you get to trade the 5* princesses you have for other 5*s that you want without needing to cough up gajillions of TEs (which I don't have).

But that is if you have the cash to burn for the boxes x_X
Back to top Go down
pizzatheveggie

pizzatheveggie

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:07 pm

steakjuice wrote:

I'd say just have fun, this event will be a great way to rack in some TE and also some cool cards! Every 3000 bt points after you get Furfur (5000 bt) will get you 3 TE... at the end of the event you could have a nice stash of them. Max out some 4*s, then sell those for TE and you're on your way to a 5* Laughing

And yes, poison owns face!!
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/darthzake
KillianBlack

KillianBlack

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Maybe I went offtopic a little bit but think about this: Why is there only 1200 actives in current event as opposed to last week's 5k++++
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:25 pm

just suffered my first loss... grrrr...
Back to top Go down
ic0n

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 am

My Point rank is around 270s and my PVP rank is in the 130s.

I haven't really used any TE's or Vials atm but I've suffered 3 losses already. During the Venus Colo, I performed much worse because the best cards I had were only 4*s, but my game completely changed after the colo event. I got into the 500s and got a boost in pots, premium tickets, TE's and a couple of nice 4s.

This time around my lead is a vlad, and my allies all have gotten a hold of 5-6s.

So ya, even if you aren't competitive right now, this is a good event for you to set yourself on the path to being competitive in future events.

On another note, for those of you using TE, which side do you recommend using it on? PVP or altar?

Last edited by ic0n on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 am

well, I dropped 80 ranks from 260 to 340

during this time i was on for every single minute.

(about 5 hours)
Back to top Go down
ic0n

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 am

sharpyzu wrote:
well, I dropped 80 ranks from 260 to 340

during this time i was on for every single minute.

(about 5 hours)

but were you actively winning each match every 10 mins?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]    [EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]  - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] The Key of Goetia [Oct 22 - Oct 29]
Page 13 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next