Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?

Go down 
+2
Spacebug
Abraxan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Abraxan

At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? Empty
PostSubject: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:02 am

I noticed that there is a huge gap in BTs in GW. So top 10 is out of heaven, it seems every team member is doing ~5 M BTs/fight or more. We are constantly ranked 250 and haven't faced spenders yet, so at which rank are we going to meet them/ or at which win number?
It's good to know to save tonics/pots for them...

off-topic: What jobs do the top rankers have? I mean you need to have money AND the time for EVERY GW battle. It comes to my mind that if you're such wealthy, you pay others to play for yourself /your team XD . Theory:The top rankers could all be one person.
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 am

It's pretty obvious they have a job at Silicon Studio or Mobage  Rolling Eyes 

The first spenders we faced were at the 11th battle. We had 9 wins / 1 loss at that point at the start and were ranked ~260 if I'm not mistaken. Whether you face them or not, first depends on the number of wins. We had quite a lot of wins at that point (9/10), so we probably faced spenders regardless of rank.
Back to top Go down
Abraxan

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:23 am

So we are 14/5, it would be great if there is a top 50 list, to know how many Bts you need to get into the top 50...

Maybe we will see us in next fights, see you there :-)
Back to top Go down
MagnaCrimson

MagnaCrimson

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:04 am

Abraxan wrote:
So we are 14/5, it would be great if there is a top 50 list, to know how many Bts you need to get into the top 50...

Maybe we will see us in next fights, see you there :-)

Last battle, it was about 176 million gp for the rank 50 team IIRC.

Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:39 am

It's probably going to be higher, we faced #55 for battle 18 and they already had 112 million GP.

And when you face spenders really is more up to your win count than your rank. At 14-5 should start happening soon (I'm likewise worried we're going to run into more spenders now lol).
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:43 am

Top 10 to 30 teams are all big spenders, where the entire team is spending. Down to about rank 70-100 have a few spenders per team. Last GW we were rank 47, and had 2 big spenders, and a couple more light spenders.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 2:26 am

Oh I totally misunderstood Magma, that's the running GP for rank 50 *this* GW.

@ggorrell77 do you remember how much GP you guys ended with? I'm more curious what kind of pace is expected for that 6* reward.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:21 pm

You'll start to face competitive teams (spenders) once your W/L starts to mesh with theirs.

Additionally, you'll begin to face the upper end teams once you're in that same W/L tier and your GP totals are closer to theirs. If you pummeled your lesser opponents and farmed GP, but hoped to escape the upper tier teams, I have some bad news for you.

Luck, though, does impact the matchups. You may get a manageable team. You may get a team that has had a streak of bad luck and losses that also has been farming GP (and you're the next victim.)
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Abraxan wrote:
I noticed that there is a huge gap in BTs in GW. So top 10 is out of heaven, it seems every team member is doing ~5 M BTs/fight or more. We are constantly ranked 250 and haven't faced spenders yet, so at which rank are we going to meet them/ or at which win number?
It's good to know to save tonics/pots for them...

off-topic: What jobs do the top rankers have? I mean you need to have money AND the time for EVERY GW battle. It comes to my mind that if you're such wealthy, you pay others to play for yourself /your team XD . Theory:The top rankers could all be one person.

On topic: The win count is where you'll invariably start to see the top 15-50 guilds. Of those, they top 15+ are heavy spenders with lineups that are planned and secured before the event ever begins. They actively trade for at least 1 6* event unit if not the 7*. In the top guilds, most players have at least 1 6*+ event unit and an optimal lineup of 7*'s with 6* fillers.

Pot/Tonic counts are usually 350+/500+. The goal is rank, so don't expect a lull in the action. It will be 5mil+ BT gains for each player for the full 60min. The best way to avoid them is to minimize your BT gains and - most importantly - W/L count. If you're win streak and W/L count is in line with that of the top teams, you'll probably be matched with one of them.

Know your goal early - 23W? Doable with 3 W/day +2 more at any point. 29W? Only if you're in the top 8-10, and even then, EXTREMELY difficult. I have yet to confirm a team not in the top 15 has achieved 29 wins. Take your losses early. It will make the later fights potentially easier.

Off Topic: SuperRangers members have a variety of jobs from Tech, software, business, international business, and so on. One member even spent $10,000 on GB 3 seeking Lunarie and had more tonics than he could use for the duration of the event, even under perfect timing.

Not sure if bitter or joking, but of the members of the top guilds I have spoken with personally, none are employed by or affiliated with any organization that is connected to DeNA, Mobage, Silicon Studios, or any other property.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?   At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At which rank are you faced with spenders in GW?
Page 1 of 1