Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games) Empty
PostSubject: Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games)   Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:19 pm

A channel i visit a lot is speaking about collectable games, such as Fantasica.

The first part of their approach is within the spoiler, and i ask your say about their points of view, and to share this video with everyone, hoping that Moba could improve their games. I'll bring part 2 when it's up Wink

Collectable Games, part 1:

Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games)   Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 pm

I know this feeling. If is actually more about the problems in the collectible card games. They talk about the disadvantages on pulling a card. I saw .01% which is the odd of getting dream 7* here in fanta.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games)   Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:09 am

Indeed. Notice that they used a female swordswoman as the 0,01% example.

I'd speak more about the issue, but i'm waiting for part 2 (and beyond probably) before i can state my oppinion about TCG games inside and outside of the digital world. They might include something similar to it in the later parts, and they explain way better than me sometimes.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games)   Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:15 pm

One of the things I've noticed that can affect the long term viability of F2P/P2P games is the ability to exchange goods or items.

I started out in the Mobage world with Transformers: Legends. It wasn't bad and it captured a lot of the G1 era nostalgia for me. However, one of the issues I noticed was the limited availability of cards/characters. For example, if there was a week long event, some of the available premiums could appear in packs. To maximize a unit, you had to acquire both halves (robot and alternate forms.) If you pulled an ultra rare character, but only one form, you were pretty much in a bind. See, in that game, there is no trading feature. This means that you have a limited inventory of cards/characters and unless you get both halves, you're really sitting on a bunch of "could-have-been's." Obviously this is designed to sell more premium content, but those halves were only available at that time. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, you'll never get that other half. This is where a game like Fantasica is different. Trading allows a happier player base by creating loyalty and goodwill through the ability to exchange unwanted goods.

Another element of Fantasica that keeps it fresh, as compared to the Mobage/DeNa Transfromers game is content. In the Transformers game, "quests" are limited in scope and very uninteresting. They're really just screen-tappers with no value or interest once the quest has been completed. If you complete all quests, you're out of luck - there's nothing more to the game besides repeating the quests, or repeating the quests as part of the current event. After 10 months, there's still no new quest elements. The only new elements added were variations on the PvBoss and PvP elements of the game - and that's just not exciting. Fantasica has interesting events that tie into the quests - along with adding new quests regularly.

What I've noticed with the DeNa games is that they don't have much of a game behind them, tend to be nothing more that monetizing shells designed to capitalize on popular properties (MLP, Transformers, GIJoe, D&D,) and lack any depth or playability once you reach a certain point in the game.

Fantasica won me over (installed it as a MobaCoin promo) through it's depth and variety. It's also quite a lot of fun in the grand scheme.
Back to top Go down
wingwu1

PostSubject: Re: Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games)   Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

the only problem I have with mobage is their design - they pretty much have an artist illustrate a card and that's 1 card... if they could've designed a basic character, then add different items (like a sword) and utilize it in the enhance feature... IE Philiea originally just a nice looking character, u fuse a sword card with it then u get philiea (which we have now) with sword and slow skill.. something along that line - this would give them more bang for their buck in... i know this is a very rough idea but still a good one that gives player a sense of "i made this character"

in addition (though they seemed to have changed their ways lately) is the way they overcharge for packs to just aim at the high rollers... the current price structure is good up till step 4:
step 1 10 MC
step 2 30 MC
step 3 50 MC
step 4 100MC
step 5 1000MC <-- should go with 300/500 instead
step 6 3000MC <-- should go with 500/1000 instead
step 7 5000MC <-- should go with 1000/3000 instead

i think people would actually willing to spend if the amount is not so high. high spenders will spend more and they may also get regular free players to spend since the price is low enough...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games)   Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extra Credits approach Collectible games (AKA a lot of Moba Games)
Page 1 of 1