Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?

Go down 
+4
Dallatar
cliffbiram
Grumpy
slimcrazy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
slimcrazy

Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? Empty
PostSubject: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:28 am

I have noticed a lot of people are trying to buy 5* Elizabeth. Any reason for this?
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:29 am

Looks nice...? Nice enough that it got voted as favorite to be on miss fantasica and become a 7*?
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Because Elizabeth is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Dallatar

Dallatar

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Because those of us not lucky enough to get 7* Elizabeth in the Dream Pack 2 want to try and acquire her another way. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Part of it is rarity. There were only 185 of her monsters issued (as a rank reward) and then she had to be recruited. This was a while ago so some of her monsters and units have disappeared from the game since then.

But her rarity alone doesn't count for it completely. 185 issued is a small number for a 5* but that's a similar number to many rank 5*s like Chocoat, Isaac, Plautia, Penth, and many other rank 5*s where there were about 190-200 issued and they don't command Elizabeth's price.

Some 5* had less issued, but they don't command Liz's price either:
* Aleister and Sitri each there were only 135 issued but they were issued in unit form so unlike Liz, there aren't some of her running around in monster form.
* Theodore only 100 issued
* Catherine only 100 issued

I've always assumed it's a combination of Elizabeth's rarity and her art (popular card art and she has a really beautiful sprite) so she is a card that, once people get a hold of, they don't want to sell. She becomes a vanity piece for people who have been playing long enough that you've got the resources to buy her instead of something that might be a little more practical.

By the way, not every rank 5* is that rare. Some rank 5* have had much larger issues, for example:
* Blanche monster 870 were issued,
* Noir monster 1,800 were issued
* Winston 300 issued
* Trish 450 issued
* Werewolf monster 475 were issued (Werewolf is an example of a card that is also very practical because of her stats, so some amount of rarity+art+stats she is still a quite valuable card).
* Cuore about 600+issued (this is an estimate since it was a team event),
* Calinca 600 issued
* Agastache monster 730 issued
* Violina 900 issued
* Katia and Ernesto 990 each were issued

So if you are familiar with prices you can see there is somewhat of a correlation with rarity, but not completely (there is a little more of a correlation among the rank 6* where the numbers issued are smaller and the units, generally, are also more useful)

Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Tatty lays it all out very nicely.

Eliza was my first rank reward and I went after her with a passion. I love her art, her sprite, and I loved the way she fit into an overall "theme" with her fellow soul hunters that referenced Henry the VIII. She is one unit I will never trade but often set as leader.

So, once again, short answer is...

... Elizabeth is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:03 pm

To add on to what others said, I think there could be some more factors like:

-Wanting to own both Elizabeth cards.
-People jumping on the Liz bandwagon and wanting to own the card because it's rare and wanted by others.
Back to top Go down
slimcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 1:01 am

Tattycoram wrote:
Part of it is rarity. There were only 185 of her monsters issued (as a rank reward) and then she had to be recruited. This was a while ago so some of her monsters and units have disappeared from the game since then.

But her rarity alone doesn't count for it completely. 185 issued is a small number for a 5* but that's a similar number to many rank 5*s like Chocoat, Isaac, Plautia, Penth, and many other rank 5*s where there were about 190-200 issued and they don't command Elizabeth's price.  

Some 5* had less issued, but they don't command Liz's price either:
* Aleister and Sitri each there were only 135 issued but they were issued in unit form so unlike Liz, there aren't some of her running around in monster form.
* Theodore only 100 issued
* Catherine only 100 issued

I've always assumed it's a combination of Elizabeth's rarity and her art (popular card art and she has a really beautiful sprite) so she is a card that, once people get a hold of, they don't want to sell. She becomes a vanity piece for people who have been playing long enough that you've got the resources to buy her instead of something that might be a little more practical.

By the way, not every rank 5* is that rare. Some rank 5* have had much larger issues, for example:
* Blanche monster 870 were issued,
* Noir monster 1,800 were issued
* Winston 300 issued
* Trish 450 issued
* Werewolf monster 475 were issued (Werewolf is an example of a card that is also very practical because of her stats, so some amount of rarity+art+stats she is still a quite valuable card).  
* Cuore about 600+issued (this is an estimate since it was a team event),
* Calinca 600 issued
* Agastache monster 730 issued
* Violina 900 issued
* Katia and Ernesto 990 each were issued

So if you are familiar with prices you can see there is somewhat of a correlation with rarity, but not completely (there is a little more of a correlation among the rank 6* where the numbers issued are smaller and the units, generally, are also more useful)

Thanks for such a thorough response!
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Nobody here mentioned that Elizabeth cost SO MUCH to actually win.
I played in that event and ended up spending almost $300 and just barely made the ranking to get her. So of course, I sold her at a minimum of 300pure te (at the time that was more than many good 6* classic cards & a bunch of LE cards. I think Nina was around 150 back then. Before I even got the 300 te I got offered 3 6* cards for her)

So I think it's only right that everyone else also expected a lot for her in a trade, & her art & rarity only helps to keep her value so elastic all these months later.
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:08 am

I am really wonder that the rare monster cards diminished right away like Elizabeth 5*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?   Why do people want 5* Elizabeth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do people want 5* Elizabeth?
Page 1 of 1