Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Questions on first 6* choice

Go down 
+12
MythSearcher
149342133j
FenrirGreyback
nightmarejin
Akyx94
Belhyde
sGabe4
Herault
kfcjamal
Abyssight
Ghost_Star
bluerexx
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

Questions on first 6* choice Empty
PostSubject: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello All,

Just started a few weeks ago and is now saving towards my first 6*.

I know there are certain 6* to avoid (Alexander/Reinhard), and some to look out for like Monica. However, can someone give their opinions for Abel? Abel seems much more obtainable for me at around 50TE compare to Monica at 100TE. Being a free player, 50TE takes a while to save up since all I have the worst luck in the world when it comes to pulling cards and 10 other people are selling the same stuff for the same price (if not cheaper).

So how does Abel fair as a 6*? A good choice for a first 6*? Or is there a better 6* for 60-70TE?

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

P.S.
If you can spare the TE's, please visit my trading shop and buy something! Thanks!
Bluerexx's Trading Post
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Abel is a fine all around unit, but has low resale/retrable value. Currently i wouldnt pay more than 40
ish te pure for him. I would suggest going after an LE at the end of an event, like Mortica/Pregare/Alt/Vermelho as they are usually sold super cheap during the last few days by rankers and are usually solid units that will hold value much better than pullable 6*'s.
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:54 pm

IMO nothing beats Magnus as the starting 6*. She is dirt cheap for such a powerful 6* mage. I have seen people selling in the 60~70 range.
Back to top Go down
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:19 pm

matahari, magnus, and paris are all pretty solid 6*s who have low prices due to how common they are. abel and alexander are just straight up bad.
Back to top Go down
Herault
☆☆
Herault

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:29 pm

kfcjamal wrote:
matahari, magnus, and paris are all pretty solid 6*s who have low prices due to how common they are. abel and alexander are just straight up bad.

Agreed, those 3 6* were my first few 6* I got and are pretty solid. My first 6* I brought was paris and I still have her now. Abel just look horrible. In my opinion, you should not be in a hurry to get a 6* and settle for a bad one as it is harder to resale the 6* when you want to improve your units.
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Herault wrote:
kfcjamal wrote:

Agreed, those 3 6* were my first few 6* I got and are pretty solid. My first 6* I brought was paris and I still have her now. Abel just look horrible. In my opinion, you should not be in a hurry to get a 6* and settle for a bad one as it is harder to resale the 6* when you want to improve your units.

I never did consider Paris and Matahari. I guess I will save up and try for those units as well when I do get my TE! Hopefully there are some people willing to barter with me when the time comes.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:07 am

get pregare
very good all around and probably the cheapest 6* you could ever get (except for alexander who's not a 6*, it's just a bug)
Back to top Go down
Belhyde
☆☆
Belhyde

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:08 pm

You forgot about mina too. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Akyx94

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Wait for an opportunity to get dana fresh Wink

That was my strategy and my first 6* and it actually worked out! xD

Dana fresh is about 90 te btw and bc of her 'beautiful/flashy' art I would say she's pretty solid in value too Razz

Back to top Go down
nightmarejin

nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:31 pm

kfcjamal wrote:

Those three are your best options and pretty cheap atm. They are also one of each type, so you cover all bases. You could probably get all three for around 200te total. Mata should probably be first, as you can find her fairly easily for 50-60 te.
Back to top Go down
FenrirGreyback

FenrirGreyback

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Morticia is good too, only 50te as well for such a strong card, for a mage too. it makes me sad to see it.
Back to top Go down
149342133j

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't know if Charles is a good unit or not. I'm currently also saving up for a 6* and I've seen Charles stats, and he doesn't seem that strong but I can see an average of 150 te offers for him (idk his price at lvl 1).

I was thinking of getting morticia because she can be very cheap with about 50-60 te at mlb.

hmmmm....
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
get pregare
very good all around and probably the cheapest 6* you could ever get (except for alexander who's not a 6*, it's just a bug)

Pregare does seem like a good unit from a stats to value, but I have to say, I don't like the artwork too much on it! lol

Hopefully I can find a Magnus/Monica/Matahari for 50-60TE when I do save up, if not, I will have to consider Pregare as well
Back to top Go down
Belhyde
☆☆
Belhyde

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:20 am

Charles is expensive because of his speed and DC.
He is popular in "What is the name of event where you built team with max 100 DC)" event.
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:18 pm

FenrirGreyback wrote:
Morticia is good too, only 50te as well for such a strong card, for a mage too. it makes me sad to see it.

The problem of Morticia is that although she's powerful in quest, she seems to be worse than Petra in colo and BA.(for their same 20DC)
Which, if you ask me, is not going to have a really big difference in normal quests(which is easy consider MLB6* can beat all quests unless its the wrong type.
So it usually just boils down to trials and boss fighting, and Petra is not really worse than Mort in those area as well.

Skill wise, Poison is very powerful in trials, but Slow as well.(Especially if you have AA)
And seriously, a lot of cards are poison and more powerful, you likely have allies with those anyway. Also, I won't really rely on a 20DC card for its poison power.

Yes, I know speed D units have no place in colo, they are just too slow, but I guess you still have to choose the lesser of the two evils.

Get Edwin and Zande and slow your opponent so your big guns can have their turn, that's what I do.

And Petra is similar in price, so I'd say get Petra instead of Mort, but if you are giving up colo and BA, Magnus is still the better choice, she's faster.(Actually, Magnus can also perform quite well if you have Edwin and Zande.)

Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Belhyde wrote:
He is popular in "What is the name of event where you built team with max 100 DC)" event.

Yes, colo events, if you have 5 Charles, with your allies using Charles as well, a 50DC team is just going to win in most fights. Only teams with event units speed boost(seems to cut 0.2s delay time) are more likely to beat a team of 7 Charles.
Back to top Go down
elforte

elforte

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Alex is definitely an avoid for a 6* but Rein is alright since his B speed makes him pretty good for arena, and his ground DPS isn't the worse. Overall though he's pretty bad, definitely one of the worse 6* (his stats are incredibly low for a 6*, and him being B speed no longer excuses this).

EDIT : Sorry not arena -- he's not bad in arena but I meant colo.

MythSearcher wrote:
Belhyde wrote:

Yes, colo events, if you have 5 Charles, with your allies using Charles as well, a 50DC team is just going to win in most fights.  Only teams with event units speed boost(seems to cut 0.2s delay time) are more likely to beat a team of 7 Charles.

5x charles is really weak if you don't get your 2 Charles from allies because without 7x Charles you won't be instant-killing people.

Akyx94 wrote:
Wait for an opportunity to get dana fresh Wink

That was my strategy and my first 6* and it actually worked out! xD

Dana fresh is about 90 te btw and bc of her 'beautiful/flashy' art I would say she's pretty solid in value too Razz
Dana used to be worth ~200 TE pure. She's not stable at all -- anyone pullable will drop, and quickly.
Back to top Go down
Akyx94

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 am

Really? even before H. dana came her price has always been 130-140 while i was looking for her and she's still 130-140 now :T

However she's always been maxed when I see someone selling her ...
Back to top Go down
Mathematoxic

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:38 am

I will say go for petra or magnus. Good units stats wise and cheap price wise.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:28 am

On the topic of which to get first, I am thinking to get a mage 6* first. I am really not a fan of D-speed, because in the past month and a half that I've been playing the colosseum was my favorite event. So that leaves Magnus and Alt that I can see. Magnus appears to be buyable for around 75 TE, and Alt appears to be buyable for around 140. Alt has better abilities and a lower cost (25 vs 30)while Magnus has stronger stats. Is Alt worth paying almost double??
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 am

Minowara wrote:
On the topic of which to get first, I am thinking to get a mage 6* first.  I am really not a fan of D-speed, because in the past month and a half that I've been playing the colosseum was my favorite event.  So that leaves Magnus and Alt that I can see.  Magnus appears to be buyable for around 75 TE, and Alt appears to be buyable for around 140.  Alt has better abilities and a lower cost (25 vs 30)while Magnus has stronger stats.  Is Alt worth paying almost double??

slow is the better skill in colosseum but C speed will be too slow for colo anyway... you really need the B speed unless your c speed is backed up by 3 b speed 5*'s with slows. Alt with poison is a better skill than slow in almost all other events but you can get B speed poison with Paris for much cheaper than Alt. I would recommend getting Pairs or Ava first then see what mage you can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 am

Alt has poison plus speed order, which would still be better than slow in colosseum, no? Or is speed order only for battle arena?

I was look at Paris, but who is Ava? Are you meaning Alvida?

Is it silly to try to colosseum focus when it is only 1 in some 10 events? Is Alt a better all-round 6* that I should be focusing on? And if going with Alt for general purposes, is she still worth almost double the cost of Magnus?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:10 pm

Minowara wrote:
Alt has poison plus speed order, which would still be better than slow in colosseum, no?  Or is speed order only for battle arena?

I was look at Paris, but who is Ava?  Are you meaning Alvida?

Is it silly to try to colosseum focus when it is only 1 in some 10 events?  Is Alt a better all-round 6* that I should be focusing on?  And if going with Alt for general purposes, is she still worth almost double the cost of Magnus?

yea, no. Speed order is basically the opposite of slow but works on your team, and yes it only works in Battle Arena where it replaces poison, ie the only skill Alt will proc in Battle Arena is Speed Order. Speed order has no effect (ie will not be used/proc at all) in Colosseum or any other event other than Battle Arena. She would be fine in BA events but with the high deploy cost and having speed order she is basically the same as Mangus if not slightly worse in BA events. Alt would be preferable in questing type events and probably a wash in boss fights depending on type.

yea ava=alvida

and what i was getting at above if your only/mainly concerned about Colosseum events really want to compete you need to only be concerned with B speed and above. since your looking at your first 6* i would get something with poison as it will really help out in other events.
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Only 6* I would avoid is Alexander.  Reselling Rein, Mort, Abel or any other common 6* is starting to become a more and more difficult task.  If going for low cost common 6*'s, I recommend saving up for ana (slow missle) or vlad (kb melee LANDCRUSHER)... although vlad probably has a little more resale than ana because he has unique stats.  Also, a LE mage you could get that has rather unattractive art, but has a VERY HIGH air attack is Pregare.  Resale of her will be a challenge, but if you get her on the cheap she is worth the effort. Your allies will thank you in training events where you battle bosses with high air weakness.
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:02 am

Thank you for all the advice. I finally saved enough and traded a fresh Paris! Even though I could probably traded a mlb magnus, but I like the art of Paris a bit better.

Loving the B speed poison! Now... To get her level up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions on first 6* choice   Questions on first 6* choice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions on first 6* choice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next