Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)

Go down 
+12
Yuan
MythSearcher
joeladams20
SlytheringSnake
Happiemealz
BigYojimbo
BarbaricBeast
Tattycoram
HoundR
Mistrevia
KuroStar
saphion
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 am

I will NEVER condone albuming!!!
Even if you are my allies, I politely say
No to albuming. I told all my allies that
I will never do album trading, even
With collateral because I do not see the
Point of album trading. I know alot of
You do it, but you'll never see me do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 am

M60A1 wrote:
I will NEVER condone albuming!!!
Even if you are my allies, I politely say
No to albuming. I told all my allies that
I will never do album trading, even
With collateral because I do not see the
Point of album trading. I know alot of
You do it, but you'll never see me do it.

I album seldomly, only for units that I don't need but really like the art.

Another reason I album on my alt account, is because it does not have that much card collection, and I cannot learn the skill to increase card capacity.
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on album trading.
I'm just hate hearing scam stories from album
Trading. All of you work so hard to get cards, and just
with a simple trade your hard work gone. That's why
I say no to album trades because to protect my card
The other party's cards.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:33 am

Brokenluckx3 wrote:
Its a shame that there are so many scammers now-a-days. Albuming IMO is part of the game. I like being able to flip through all the cards and I strive to complete mine.
After being scammed I really learned that there is a proper method to it though.

I dont think albuming should be discouraged, just make sure you're protecting yourself with collat. Luckily, I have some pretty awesome allies that just let me album everything they get so I dont do risky albuming with other people.
Anyway, I am a proud albumer and I will not quit till I have them all ^_^
Unit #: 324/373
Monster #: 64/101

Shop Link!< Here is my shop/albuming corner where I have what I need and what I have no issue albuming listed.
We can all album safely and the forum is the best place to start ^_^

You are lucky ! Very Happy

Personally, I don't mind ppl rejecting me to album, I am emotionally prepared for that But sometimes, I just need that particular unit sigh, I get too worked up.

Besides, some people that 'swear to not album' still album with me so at least some trust me.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:35 am

Oh yes, before I forget...

BREAKING NEWS ... Literally

A new type of scam is created by this 'genius'.

This player apparently shouted 'SCAMMER ALERT' and asked players to give sympathy and give him/her cards. Apparently, it was a scam plan and I heard more than one player is scammed through this if I'm not wrong. What an 'extremist' scam, like seriously sigh...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:25 am

KuroStar wrote:
Oh yes, before I forget...

BREAKING NEWS ... Literally

A new type of scam is created by this 'genius'.

This player apparently shouted 'SCAMMER ALERT' and asked players to give sympathy and give him/her cards. Apparently, it was a scam plan and I heard more than one player is scammed through this if I'm not wrong. What an 'extremist' scam, like seriously sigh...

Spoiler:

Wow... That's worst than a noob begging for cards...
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:40 am

In my analysis its like giving money to a beggar on the streets Razz

You dont know if he is really poor and homeless or just acting to be one.
(you dont know that person is really scammed)

You gave him your money as sympathy and its gone now.
(you handed over to him your cards)

Whether it is true or a lie you have given something away so dont expect it to come back X_X, but it shows the character and personality of the player
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:00 am

saphion wrote:
In my analysis its like giving money to a beggar on the streets Razz

You dont know if he is really poor and homeless or just acting to be one.
(you dont know that person is really scammed)

You gave him your money as sympathy and its gone now.
(you handed over to him your cards)

Whether it is true or a lie you have given something away so dont expect it to come back X_X, but it shows the character and personality of the player

That reminds me of this research done earlier.

There is this really famous violinist, who earn thousands in concerts for 45 mins of violin played.
Helped out the research, and did the same 45 min violin solo in a subway station.
Most people just pass by, and he earned like 30~40 dollars, thousand times less then his performances in concert halls, and $20 of that was from a person who recognized him.
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 am

Haha i remember that one Smile If i remember correctly it was analyzed that people who were on the subway were rushing for time and had no time or reason to listen to his pieces as compared to during a concert (e.g. you rather not be late for something important than to listen to music right? Besides the explanation will be kinda corny." Sorry I was late because i was listening to a famous musician playing the violin at the subway" you get my point)

Created this thread hoping to educate new players and serve as a wake up call to older ones not to do risky albuming

any way i can get this thread stickied?
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:14 am

saphion wrote:
Haha i remember that one Smile If i remember correctly it was analyzed that people who were on the subway were rushing for time and had no time or reason to listen to his pieces as compared to during a concert (e.g. you rather not be late for something important than to listen to music right? Besides the explanation will be kinda corny." Sorry I was late because i was listening to a famous musician playing the violin at the subway" you get my point)

Created this thread hoping to educate new players and serve as a wake up call to older ones not to do risky albuming

any way i can get this thread stickied?
I don't think it won't be necessary just like the Device Registration FAQ that I created.
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm

I am pretty bored with albuming. I don't mind getting really pretty units into my album, but I don't go out of my way to get them. To be completely honest I get really annoyed when people aggressively ask to album something when they don't have adequate collateral. I don't care if they are day one allies, it still bothers me when they try to obligate me into albuming. Usually when I do album high value units, I offer the people that I trust, but I usually ask them before they ask me. The worst aspect of albuming for me is turning someone down and having them go into the special speech that everyone does: "Omg, I thought you trusted me! I am not a scammer. Would a scammer say they are not a scammer!"

Your words of not being a scammer or being a scammer mean nothing to me either way. If anything I just find them annoying. It means nothing to our friendship that I don't trust you with hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of units. I don't trust many of my IRL friends with that much either XD.
Back to top Go down
SonicAria
☆☆☆☆
SonicAria

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Yea, while I do want to album some cards just because I like the art, I know that there's so much scamming that happens so I ask/risk it. I also never initiate an album trade since I personally don't want to put my allies or someone on the spot and make them feel obligated to let me album something.

Also, @M60A1 what's up XD Ally in game but username is different than forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)   Album scams and you (yes... YOU!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album scams and you (yes... YOU!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2