Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Split the trade forum?

Go down 
+20
masta518
vul
thearm05
nakuai
sGabe4
predator852
themadmanazn
Jerky
KuroStar
MythSearcher
Colaleon
deedlit228
lmnseason
Esofonic
Schdawn
memphiskite
Lornoth
Yuan
Admin
rivkari
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rivkari
☆☆☆
rivkari

Split the trade forum? Empty
PostSubject: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:33 pm

I don't know where I would go to make general suggestions, so I'm making one here...

Might it be possible to split the trade forum into two separate forums: a BUYING forum and a SELLING forum? I've found that most posts are all about selling cards, whereas I'm interested in looking for people who are trying to buy specific cards (with the hope that I have those cards Very Happy ).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Upvoted.
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 pm

I like this idea. Would make the search function a lot more useful for those sections too Smile
Back to top Go down
rivkari
☆☆☆
rivkari

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:57 pm

Yuan wrote:
I like this idea. Would make the search function a lot more useful for those sections too Smile

OK, this is a completely noob question that I should have figured out a while ago, but...

WHAT SEARCH FUNCTION?

Seriously, I've been looking for it, I can't find it. Is it hidden? Or am I just oblivious? (it's probably the latter)
Back to top Go down
Lornoth
☆☆☆☆
Lornoth

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 pm

rivkari wrote:
Yuan wrote:

OK, this is a completely noob question that I should have figured out a while ago, but...

WHAT SEARCH FUNCTION?

Seriously, I've been looking for it, I can't find it. Is it hidden? Or am I just oblivious? (it's probably the latter)

I believe they mean this one. Hahah
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rivkari
☆☆☆
rivkari

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Sad
oh
ty
Back to top Go down
Lornoth
☆☆☆☆
Lornoth

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:04 pm

It took me a while to notice too mate don't worry.

As for your idea i'd definitely be behind it. It would be a little more work for users, since they'd have to have two seperate topics going if they wanted to buy and sell things at the same time, but it would definitely be better in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Even though I don't use the Trading Centre anymore, I'm in support for this idea.

I just hope that when we're allowed two separate topics in each of those sections, the people don't get confused and decided to set up both a selling/buying topic in each one, just to get attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
rivkari
☆☆☆
rivkari

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:51 pm

memphiskite wrote:
Even though I don't use the Trading Centre anymore, I'm in support for this idea.

I just hope that when we're allowed two separate topics in each of those sections, the people don't get confused and decided to set up both a selling/buying topic in each one, just to get attention.

Yeeeah, I did consider that... but I still think it's a decent suggestion (=
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Splitting by buying/selling seems like a nice idea, but I'd rather have it split by rarity more.

Something like
1. 6☆ and above
2. 5☆
3. 4☆ and below
4. Everything else that doesn't fit in

I hate it when I have to go through a sea of 4☆ just to check on the 5☆ that I want.

And search function is not working at all,
it's not indexing new topics, so the search result only gives out really old topics like the ones from last year.
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Count me in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 pm

I don't mind splitting my shop for the sake of organizing. It would be easier.
Back to top Go down
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 am

rivkari wrote:
Yuan wrote:

WHAT SEARCH FUNCTION?

lol. Even though I knew about the search function, "WHAT SEARCH FUNCTION?" pretty much describes how I feel about it. I've used it from time to time (looking under both "post" and "topic") to look up cards to see who's offering them for what price, but it doesn't always show all the threads. I know this because I've searched for cards that I offer in my own shop and my thread doesn't come up in the search result. -_- (And yes, I made sure to have it search in the trading center.)

Needless to say, I think this would be a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:42 am

Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic, but I don't think this is going to work.

I think the idea behind splitting the forum is good in principle, but I doubt it will actually have the effect you hope for. I imagine everyone will still be listing the cards they want to buy in their "selling" topic and they'll still list the cards they want to buy in their "buying" topic, if only just so people know what cards they can offer or receive instead of TE. So basically everyone will have two topics that are the same except that in one the cards you want to sell are listed first (and in the topic title) followed by the list of cards you'll accept as payment, while in the other the cards you want to buy are listed first (and in the topic title) followed by the list of cards you can offer as payment.

And I'll see twice as many trade topics getting bumped every other minute on the "View posts since last visit" page. Not really something I want to see.

I see topics sometimes that want to exchange specific cards. For instance: "WTT my Barbara for your Zande" or something alike. Where would those topics go?

What I think would be helpful for the trade forum is a technical implementation that allows players to create "tags" of cards they want to buy/sell, that other players can look for using a search function. The forum's search function only searches topic titles, which is simply not enough when the title of a lot of topics is simply "XXXX's shop".
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 am

deedlit228 wrote:
rivkari wrote:
Yuan wrote:

WHAT SEARCH FUNCTION?

lol. Even though I knew about the search function, "WHAT SEARCH FUNCTION?" pretty much describes how I feel about it. I've used it from time to time (looking under both "post" and "topic") to look up cards to see who's offering them for what price, but it doesn't always show all the threads. I know this because I've searched for cards that I offer in my own shop and my thread doesn't come up in the search result. -_- (And yes, I made sure to have it search in the trading center.)

Needless to say, I think this would be a great idea.

The search function does not work on 3 characters, so when I am searching for people selling Rem, Kyo, it does not work...
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 am

If buying and selling were to have different sections, where would trades and albums fit in?
Back to top Go down
Jerky

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 am

I'm assuming it's based on the intent of the thread creator.

If it's: "Looking to trade x cards" it would be in the selling forum

If it's: "Looking to trade x for y" it would be in the buying forum because that person is looking for y card.

Trading is essentially the same as buying/selling with a different name (the sell price is a card rather than te).
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:05 am

rivkari wrote:
Yuan wrote:

WHAT SEARCH FUNCTION?

1. I like your idea

2. The search function has limited usefulness since it only searches post titles, not post contents.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:58 pm

I like the thought of the idea, but somehow I don't think it will work. I think we need more of a pooled database where people can openly announce what they have and exactly what they want for it, so other people can come and give that exact thing for the desired thing (if you get what I'm saying.)

Similar to the only thing ROB ever did right: the bazaar, but less restrictive.

For instance, right now I'm looking for a cunni. I know exactly what I want to trade for her but I cant find one anywhere. But if there was a database where I could search for cunni, and get a list of people who have and want to sell her, and what they have in mind for her, then it would take seconds for me to find someone who wants what I have for her and make the trade.

I'd like that much better than scrolling down a sea of SELLING MAX FAWN, PERFECT FOR THE MELEE ONLY ARENA threads just to find one SELLING MANY 6*S, INCLUDING [everything but Cunni] and then finnaly finding a thread where someone is selling cunni, but will only except something like Loki or my first born child....
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 am

awesome idea!!
Back to top Go down
nakuai
☆☆
nakuai

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:29 am

Schdawn wrote:
Splitting by buying/selling seems like a nice idea, but I'd rather have it split by rarity more.

Something like
1. 6☆ and above
2. 5☆
3. 4☆ and below
4. Everything else that doesn't fit in

I hate it when I have to go through a sea of 4☆ just to check on the 5☆ that I want.

And search function is not working at all,
it's not indexing new topics, so the search result only gives out really old topics like the ones from last year.

I like this idea Very Happy so count me in
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 am

Alright guys. Get your scissors and let's start cutting the sections.
Back to top Go down
thearm05
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:26 am

I don't see the point of this honestly. I think it would just reduce overall visibility of what people are selling by splitting the focus.

Can we just get a fixed search function that searches the most recent posts first? (three letter word searches would be nice as well)
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 pm

thearm05 wrote:
I don't see the point of this honestly. I think it would just reduce overall visibility of what people are selling by splitting the focus.

Can we just get a fixed search function that searches the most recent posts first? (three letter word searches would be nice as well)
You may lead the way.
Back to top Go down
vul
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Ideally we'd have a system like basilmarket, but that's hoping for too much programming for such a small game..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Split the trade forum?   Split the trade forum? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Split the trade forum?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next