Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Quests/Battles with LAG

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JyaiSan
☆☆☆

Quests/Battles with LAG Empty
PostSubject: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:50 am

I've been wondering if lag (on the device) affects all the fighting in a quest/fight?
My friend hasn't been able to do the Helmut Camp quests using setups from the guides. Even easy mode felt like hard mode for him, and I looked at how he did the quests: there is some noticeable lag at certain parts. Well, I did my Helmut quests about 2 weeks ago and I had no problem with the quests except the hard mode, which I managed to finish using the setup the guide suggested.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:08 am

what device is he using currently? that might be the cause
Back to top Go down
JyaiSan
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:49 am

He is using a rather old phone HTC Wildfire
Back to top Go down
JyaiSan
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 am

anyone knows?
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:52 am

In deed, it affects gameplay. Proof is that Helmut's boot camp in a laggy slow device (where I have my alt) is literally impossible to complete, with the exact unit setup that worked on other devices. It seems that attacks speed decrease while monsters still move as fast.

Someone told me the exact thing was happening on Inferno levels during Mina's Trials.
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:09 am

Guess the only way is to upgrade the phone, that's what happened to my IPhone 3GS
Back to top Go down
JyaiSan
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:11 pm

Thats an ugly fact.. Why doesn't monster speed lags linearly with attack speed Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ratzking
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:07 am

Hat he cant do the boot camp may also be cause he dont has the +landatk% skills.
I also couldnt complete them with the setups posted in this forum but after i skilled some of these skills it was possible.
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:58 pm

ratzking wrote:
Hat he cant do the boot camp may also be cause he dont has the +landatk% skills.
I also couldnt complete them with the setups posted in this forum but after i skilled some of these skills it was possible.

I tried on a new account, with 0 skills, you can still pass Helmut on a regular device(Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0), but that account cannot even pass easy on Helmut on a laggy device with the exact same setup.

On the Laggy device, I took into account that luck may affect something and tried the quest for about 100 times, with different suggested setups and the one suggested on this forum for about 80 times.
When I switched the device, I passed the quest on one go for easy.

The account still got 0 skills related to quests(all pts dumped into training points to get it to level 30 for trade.)
Back to top Go down
JyaiSan
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:01 am

It just shows that the battle is processed on the device and it doesn't process units'/monsters' movement linearly with attack speed. It would make much more sense to actually code it such that everything slows down linearly when the device lags... I believe no one would complain if the quest was slowed down linearly, making a quest usually taking 1min take 2min.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quests/Battles with LAG   Quests/Battles with LAG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quests/Battles with LAG
Page 1 of 1