Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?

Go down 
+52
Willifer
DesperCZ
OrangeSode
TruthMaker
deshimaru
HeartCandi
Mysterio006
MythSearcher
Timed
Happiemealz
CThao93
Sokku
Mistrevia
DeathGU1Se
Admin
masta518
ratzking
sGabe4
BadEndNight
BlueInfyn
Ckrai
Ammalis
SonicAria
po1102
Ghost_Star
Kyliexh
Shinrasoldier
Jim4good
Schdawn
-Nix-
darkhealz
Onisunit
Whenesday
myad
swany123086
nathantmorin
lace
Kandachime
clocksprocket
aszutai
Lmrt
skrfirefly
Soggytoaster
rulis
Blargod
GoldoaWillNotMove
Tashego
memphiskite
wowyogurt
M60A1
DivideByZero
Alyrr
56 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alyrr

Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? Empty
PostSubject: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 am

Something about an upcoming Japan event? Can someone who can navigate the Japanese wiki please let us know what the significance of these Minotaur are? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 am

From what I can tell, there's going to be an event where you can potentially change a Minotaur into a 6☆ unit.

Click HERE for more information and use Google translate to get a rough idea of what's going to happen. I don't think we're going to get that event for a while though so people may be a little pre-emptive...but it doesn't hurt to buy Minotaurs when they're dirt cheap right now though.
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:17 am

[Edited]

Or

People just have wierd spontaneous craving for a card. For example,
People wanted crabs, a while back. I though it was pretty weird...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:28 am

M60A1 wrote:
[Edited]

Or

lol...wanted crabs...

Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? O9DogEp
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:29 am

wowyogurt wrote:
M60A1 wrote:
[Edited]

Or

lol...wanted crabs...

Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? O9DogEp
LMFAO. xD
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 am

LOL! I wrote that wrong......... *Facepalm*
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:49 pm

A cute and sexy cow.... Mmmmm.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Can you get minotaur through training?
Back to top Go down
Tashego
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:19 pm

wowyogurt wrote:
Can you get minotaur through training?

No there isn't Minotaur in training :/
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:23 pm

So people have been drawing them from packs? ><
Back to top Go down
GoldoaWillNotMove
☆☆☆☆
GoldoaWillNotMove

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Lol. People in this game are so greedy.

Out of maybe 50 people I looked at who were buying Minotaur and were asked why they were buying, maybe 2 at best actually told the truth about the future event. The others just straight up lied and said stuff like

"Uhh. Well I'm just building my defense yaknow?"
"I just feel like buying stuff"
"I just decided I like Minotaur all of a sudden"
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Pretty much... so ppl are spamming the walls to get someone to sell them...

Or you might get lucky with the brave packs instead. You never know... >.<
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

I highly doubt people will be able to convert them anyway without spending money. People should know better...
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:37 pm

GoldoaWillNotMove wrote:

Out of maybe 50 people I looked at who were buying Minotaur and were asked why they were buying, maybe 2 at best actually told the truth about the future event. The others just straight up lied and said stuff like

AMEN TO THIS. Everyone is getting so hyped up about this event...I would imagine that now that the picture has been released, it's gonna be a frenzy. Looks like a sub-par 6☆ unit to me so I'm not really even excited...and knowing SS, they're going to make it so that you have to drop a lot of cash to have a successful transformation or grind non-stop for an okay chance at it.

There's also going to be a failure transformation from what I heard too. Instead of it turning into a 6☆ unit, it turns into a crappy 4☆ unit instead. Wanna take a guess at the probability it turns into a 6☆ unit? Knowing how this game caters to cash shoppers and 6☆ pull rates, I'm willing to say less than 1% chance. Couple all of that information with the fact that this event won't be coming to the US anytime soon and I think people are over-reacting.
Back to top Go down
rulis

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Does anyone know why are there 2 minotaur (u)? a 4* and a 6*

There's only 1 minotaur monster card right? a 3*.

From de jp link it looks much like a normal recruitment event, wonder whats gonna be different about this one.
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 pm

rulis wrote:

From de jp link it looks much like a normal recruitment event, wonder whats gonna be different about this one.
^See above. The 4☆ version is what you get if your transformation "fails."
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 pm

DivideByZero wrote:
GoldoaWillNotMove wrote:

AMEN TO THIS. Everyone is getting so hyped up about this event...I would imagine that now that the picture has been released, it's gonna be a frenzy. Looks like a sub-par 6☆ unit to me so I'm not really even excited...and knowing SS, they're going to make it so that you have to drop a lot of cash to have a successful transformation or grind non-stop for an okay chance at it.

There's also going to be a failure transformation from what I heard too. Instead of it turning into a 6☆ unit, it turns into a crappy 4☆ unit instead. Wanna take a guess at the probability it turns into a 6☆ unit? Knowing how this game caters to cash shoppers and 6☆ pull rates, I'm willing to say less than 1% chance. Couple all of that information with the fact that this event won't be coming to the US anytime soon and I think people are over-reacting.

Ahh, that makes sense. That's an interesting factor to put in now. No wonder people want to buy more than one Minotaur.

So, only the little killer bee boy has a 100% chance of recruiting just that 2* unit, if you've met the recruiting requirements first.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 pm

DivideByZero wrote:
rulis wrote:

^See above. The 4☆ version is what you get if your transformation "fails."

I don't think that's entirely the case:

覚醒には成功と失敗があり、失敗するとモンスターのままです。成功には2種類ありますのでぜひ2通り成功させましょう!!

From this statement, it seems that there is a chance to fail and there are 2 forms of success. This means you have to pass a check in succeeding the transformation and then there's a chance you'll get the better or lower form.

Last edited by Blargod on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GoldoaWillNotMove
☆☆☆☆
GoldoaWillNotMove

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 pm

I guess we should make a mental note to keep every Minotaur we happen to come across by. Right now they're going for 1-2 TE each. Just imagine how absurdly over-inflated the prices will be once the event rolls by.
Minotaur = TE printing machine. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:58 pm

memphiskite wrote:
Ahh, that makes sense. That's an interesting factor to put in now. No wonder people want to buy more than one Minotaur.

So, only the little killer bee boy has a 100% chance of recruiting just that 2* unit, if you've met the recruiting requirements first.
And you know what else sucks? The event does not use SSS or SSL...it uses a different event item (you can see it on the promotional poster in the JP wiki and it is definitely not a picture of SSS or SSL) so you can't even save up all the SSS or SSL you have from the past to dump into this event. You have to start all over.

Can you imagine grinding like crazy, earning as many "arousal stones" as possible, and then trying for 6☆ Minotaur Unit and it still comes out as the 4☆ version instead? >_<; Obviously, the "arousal stones" will be bundled in packs and the more you use at once, the greater the chance of success. You're probably better off buying just 1 Minotaur and dumping all of your "arousal stones" to maximize your odds of success.

Blargod wrote:
I don't think that's entirely the case:

覚醒には成功と失敗があり、失敗するとモンスターのままです。成功には2種類ありますのでぜひ2通り成功させましょう!!

From this statement, it seem that there is a chance to fail and there are 2 forms of success. This means you have to pass a check in succeeding the transformation and then there's a chance you'll get the better or lower form.
This is even worse than I imagined. So in other words, there are 3 possibilities when you try to transform:

A. You get absolutely nothing and fail. Your monster card is destroyed and all of the stones you used are gone.
B. You "succeed" and get the 4☆ version of the card.
C. You truly succeed and get the 6☆ version of the card.

D:
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 pm

^@Divide

Well at A option you just lose your awakening stones (monster is still retained as a monster with existing levels) so it's not that bad. I'll see what the comments say from Japanese players as time passes. I have a looming feeling that the higher form may only come from the greater awakening stones which only comes from the purchase of the 10 card megabox and above.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 pm

I want more decent male cards to come out.
They went ahead and made a Minotaur into a female card?
Don't get me wrong I like the look of the female cards but
I want to get some use out of Alex someday with her male
attack boost.
Back to top Go down
GoldoaWillNotMove
☆☆☆☆
GoldoaWillNotMove

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Soggytoaster wrote:
I want more decent male cards to come out.
They went ahead and made a Minotaur into a female card?
Don't get me wrong I like the look of the female cards but
I want to get some use out of Alex someday with her male
attack boost.

Yeah. If someone asked me what a Minotaur would look like if you could reincarnate it, a well-endowed woman wearing nothing but some cow patterned panties and bra would have been one of the last things I would have thought of.

Also, why is the Kappa female? I was under the impression that the kappa were primarily male (Or at the very least had masculine behavior) in Japanese mythology.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Mmmm..... 'arousal stones'.... this short lived event sounds more and more 'pleasurable' now...

Actually, I don't think the monster gets destroyed. Looks like a mistranslation there to me. You'll get the same result like in the recruitment stage. If you fail, you just lose the luna and stones spent during that awakening. The monster you still get to keep.

I'm hoping I read that right, not that it should matter, considering the specific monster cards are just feeders anyway... :/
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

Blargod wrote:
^@Divide

Well at A option you just lose your awakening stones (monster is still retained as a monster with existing levels) so it's not that bad. I'll see what the comments say from Japanese players as time passes. I have a looming feeling that the higher form may only come from the greater awakening stones which only comes from the purchase of the 10 card megabox and above.
Ahh...I see. Thanks for the info. Very Happy Keep us posted if there are any interesting comments. I rely on Google translate with limited success...I wish I could read Japanese. D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?   Why is everyone buying Minotaurs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is everyone buying Minotaurs?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next