Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

How did you get started on Fantasica?

Go down 
+13
Sabin76
jacobhayes1234
the3ptsling
memphiskite
Soggytoaster
Callanthe
Whenesday
clocksprocket
NotAPieceOfPie
sGabe4
ChibiLeen
lmnseason
Guchkoo
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Guchkoo

Guchkoo

How did you get started on Fantasica? Empty
PostSubject: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:07 am

I'm new, and I'd like to know some of your stories.

Have you just been around a long time and just save TE and bought cards, and.. however that works to get high and mighty to where you are now? Or did you pay some, if not a lot, of your hard earned dollars?

cat
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:29 am

The first thing I did was to find a helpful community forum. In every online game competitive game, there's always a forum.
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 am

lmnseason wrote:
The first thing I did was to find a helpful community forum. In every online game competitive game, there's always a forum.

This. Smile

I believe that knowledge is key to satisfyingly progress in a game like Fantasica, so the first thing I did was to find a good source of information. The helpful and friendly community was a deciding factor that made me want to stay for the long run. Smile

As of how I came to be where I am today, well, it was all hard work. Smile Didn't spend a dime on this game, as I find it more challenging and satisfying to make my way without paying perks (also, the horror stories I've heard so far about hundreds of dollars that basically went down the drain don't make buying boxes very appealing to me). I started playing in November, just after the Halloween event. First, I concentrated upon getting a good supply of 4*'s. I was lucky enough to find someone who was selling them for a very reasonable amount of Luna at the time - thanks again, Memphy! ^^ - and once I had a solid team, I began to level them, trying to maximize my profit from my resources. TE were hard to come by, so I mainly traded cards for cards. During the Amazon event, I flipped a couple Antiopes, which enabled me to get my first 5*, Rem. Then the blessed Den of Sin arena event came along, and I milked it for all it's worth of repeatable TE/potion prizes, with which I bought Meg (I find Meg very cute and a useful 5*, so there Razz).

After that, I just cruised through the next events, maxing units as I went along, trading up for better 5*'s. During the Christmas event, I was able to get an event 5* for the first time (by "event" unit, I mean those who give bonuses during events, not rank prizes Wink ), and always managed to obtain an event 5* since. I obtained Bernard on the very first day of his release, and managed to get my first 6* thanks to him (traded him with a couple of other 5*'s for a fresh Rein). Since then, I traded up for an Abel, then a Petra. I'm currently saving for a trade up for Paris. Smile

tldr: 100% free player, went from newbie to 6* owner in less than three months through trading and eventing. Smile
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 6:07 am

I was an avid Blood Brothers player but since that game has like 5.000.000 players it was increasingly harder and harder to rank even in the top5000 so it got boring.
Then 1 day the game told me if I downloaded Fantasica (whoch I've never heard of before) then I'd get 25 mobacins.
Haven't looked back ever since.
Back to top Go down
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆
NotAPieceOfPie

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 am

I started in November right when the Amazon event began.
After I miserably failed with a bunch of 1*s and 2*s, I began to use 4*s.
I found the forums during some sort of recruitment event.
I've been maxing out common 4*s and selling them off or trading them for 5*s ever since then.
I could sell off the cards I get from events, but I like to hoard them. :p
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 pm

I started August 9th or so, literally like two days after the game became available on iOS. There was actually a forum before this one, but for some reason or other it fell apart and a few days later crowex started up this one.

My first 5* was from winning an event, and I spent tons of money and got nothing for it!! Oh joy! My only 6* is because someone was nice enough to lend it to me. So comparatively to most people here I can't even call myself high and mighty. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:32 pm

Started during the Dark Tower recruitment period (September?), which I managed to recruit Mermaid as my first 4* at the last day! Played on to the Venus Colosseum and gotten 2 more awesome 4* Achillea and Livia! From there I've found the forums and been learning a lot from the awesome people here.

Gotten my first 5*s from the Black Dragon Castle event, tried so hard to recruit Sonia. She's still my pride and joy, I still have it with me and not trading her away!

Gotten my first 6* Monica from my first box purchase when I'm trying to get Arrebol during the Fires of Apocalypse 2, still loving her! Tho all the boxes I've bought after that gave me no 6*s...

The other 6*s I have is gain thru trading my existing 5*s for TE.
Back to top Go down
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆
Callanthe

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Found the game by searching top games in the App Store, but now I forget which category ._.

Joined in the middle of Soul Hunters I, got Howard but couldn't get Mary. I could barely beat lvl 20 bosses...lol

Pulled my first 4* with the only premium ticket I've ever used. Then I bought a few bundles to get more (10 4* for 5 TE).

Bought a Ro3K series pack for Valhalla and got my first 5* during that event... traded 5 max 4* + 10 TE for a max Camille. I got 4 Valhalla mons from that tower event. During the Valhalla recruitment, I bought 2 more boxes and sold the SSL to get max Edgar.
After the economy crash, I've traded max 4* for more 5* and 5* for better 5*. Currently saving up for my first 6* ^^
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 pm

I have only been playing for a few weeks. I found the game through the app store same as Callanthe.
I had no idea what the game was about or how interesting and entertaining it would be.

I spent $30 on the game after a few days of playing in hopes of acquiring a 5* to help me start out.
I managed to get Sheryl on my last card of the 14 pack; I was very pleased. Since then I have been
playing for free and am enjoying maxing cards and acquiring feeders to use in the next 50% bonus xp
event session. I plan to save up slowly and acquire my first 6* through trading as it is a lot more fun
than buying card packs with real cash.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 6:35 pm

.... I feel like this topic has been done before....
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
the3ptsling

the3ptsling

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Started this game when my wife downloaded it. I thought it would be a cool game we could enjoy together so i downloaded it. I joined during the venus colo. I still had my starter cards at the time so i didnt do too well but still thought it was awesome. I bought my first mega box and got a vlad which ,at the time, was a pretty big deal.

Through trading, mega boxes ,and events I have managed to acquire some of the rarest cards in the game( Currently Diana). I have some stellar allies now and me and the wife still have fun playing the game.
Back to top Go down
jacobhayes1234

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Hey, I'm new too! I'll tell you how I play! Very Happy

I hit the Basic Drilsl hard and fast, did them with in hte first hour just to get the prem tickets. I thought ot save these till I could meet my IRL mate to ask about generals.

I speed leveled 8 characters to lvl 15, all upon Quest 2-6, You can complete this in 50sec and it nets 225Xp spread apart over how many units you use. Not to mention 3 Ally net 10AP's per run.

I Enhanced my 4Star hero's when I got them, with my lvl 15's 1*'s.

My best advice, get a friend who high level and always use them to push yourself further, it help guaranteeing a 100% Quest Completion.

If you wer wise and didn't do the Boot Camp fast, they just changed the reward (RAGE) and made it 4x4* Cards rather then 5xPrem Ticket. So you'll get 4x4*'s, where as I got 3 for spending a total of 15xPrem Tickets. Alot better ratio and such a better start.

Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:11 pm

I thought they changed it to ONE (1) 4+ ticket? And you should always bring as many allies as possible into missions. Not only do you get AP, they give you an XP boost. Something I didn't figure out until by first week was almost up.

I started at the end of December. I was sick on vacation in Japan. Every commercial break there were at least 2-3 commercials for phone based TCGs, so I looked for a Final Fantasy one. This one came up and looked interesting (and was in English) so I DLed it.

However, I think the OP's question has more to do with how to get to a point where you can start competing. I have a pretty full stable of 4's that I'm leveling right now (have 2 ~65, and a few more ~50, and quite a few more I haven't even started to level yet), and so have not cracked the 5* barrier yet. I don't mind though. I probably would have been able to place ~2000 in the last event if I had not coasted after I got Cleves. I'm happy with that at this point. I'd hate to have a 5* or 6* so soon after starting because I'd like to trade up to one. That's where I get my enjoyment from.

Last edited by Sabin76 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:12 pm

I have been playing since before the first event was even announced.

In those days there wasn't much trading so it was either buy or don't. More people joined and so the community was born underneath McGrady56 but after he quit, his forum feel to ruin and so I made this one. I believe I'm the oldest member here but I'm positive that there are older members that lurk.

As for advice, save and save! You never know if your cards might be worth more tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
jacobhayes1234

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Yeah, I always take Max allies (After all you get 5AP 6 if you Skill up, Per.)

I'm planning to get a 3-3-3 Me-Ma-R Setup, and then others based around abilities. I've not looked much into trading, but I imagine there aren't many 2* or 3* that people would trade 4's for. Upon this assumption, I guess it's later levels that I'll find chances to get tickets ect to get more 4*+'s?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:49 pm

i was approached by a guy on the street sayin 'the first taste is free'...
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Came across it on the app store. Had some questions about the game and tried looking it up online. Thus was how wowyogurt was born.
Back to top Go down
Aegis303

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:34 am

I was playing ROB and i suddenly felt like trying other Mobage games...then got hooked on Fantasica lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you get started on Fantasica?   How did you get started on Fantasica? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you get started on Fantasica?
Page 1 of 1