Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....

Go down 
+29
Schdawn
hatakeshinja
Arasuki
Ginger2728
Jim4good
tom6148
ISaidLol
Callanthe
Happiemealz
HoundR
ladyaneara
tehzmann
aubade888
MrMaster1991
Uriel
TypeAlpha
Mitch420
zSly
Tashego
themadmanazn
Kingcolex
asbeth37
wildfire116
Br4dford
RoyalGargoyle
ChibiLeen
sharpyzu
mythic99
eaf666
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mitch420

Mitch420

Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 am

@Madman no, I have been trying your setup in your picture but there is always a couple that still manage to make it through. and TypeAlpha ya, there are 3 diff and the reward for completing Helmut's training is a Helmut card. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:36 am

The setups are not 100%, sometimes they will work and sometimes fail. When I was doing Helmut's bootcamp I never changed my setup and would watch as 1 mob would get through, then 5 and then I'd win... never having changed a single unit position.

The setups are just suggestions though as multiple will work, just keep at it and don't give up Smile
Back to top Go down
MrMaster1991

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:45 am

check the current events thread
there are some solutions posted by madman and me

click me

EDIT: ok i'm retarded, didnt see madman posted it already
Back to top Go down
Mitch420

Mitch420

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Ya, that's the thread I was referring too. Will keep at it, thanks.

I do hope they keep doing event like these though. As aggravating as it can be they are still fun.
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Hmmmm... seems to be an android thing... I can't get Helmuts bootcamp to show up on my iPad.

I created my account on my iphone, but when I logged into my android tablet it showed up.
Back to top Go down
tehzmann

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:47 pm

For those still having issues, I used the setup in the thread above, but shifted everything 1 space to the left and got it easy 1st try. Thanks again for the setup.
Back to top Go down
ladyaneara

ladyaneara

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm

I have a friend who just started and she has been having a TON of problems with helmut's bootcamp. When I did it, I got it in 2 or 3 tries, but she has been stuck on the Normal one for a couple DAYS. I don't remember how I did it, and I can't find a setup for that one... Any one remember? She puts all of the units in the bottom two rows, but just can't seem to get it...
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 pm

ladyaneara wrote:
I have a friend who just started and she has been having a TON of problems with helmut's bootcamp. When I did it, I got it in 2 or 3 tries, but she has been stuck on the Normal one for a couple DAYS. I don't remember how I did it, and I can't find a setup for that one... Any one remember? She puts all of the units in the bottom two rows, but just can't seem to get it...

There are sample layouts here: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t2497-event-helmut-s-bootcamp-for-new-players-android-only

Note: If your phone is hot or lags, it will reduce the effectiveness of your units.
Back to top Go down
ladyaneara

ladyaneara

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Do you have one for mission #7? That is the one that she is stuck on, and there doesn't appear to be a layout for that one... Oh! her phone lags, I guess that could be it. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 am

O___O maintenance ended and Helmut's Bootcamp appeared on my second account...
Why?
Back to top Go down
Happiemealz
☆☆☆
Happiemealz

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am

For the "easy" quest:

============|
----------------------|knockback poison
=========================
`````````Nina|
=========================
----------------------|slow poison
=============

Tried this 3 three times, worked twice. The one time it didn't work, cat got away in the top lane. I suspect the connection was a little laggy on that go.

God, those cats are hot.

Poison ideally should be just one step away from the closest possible position to entry zone.

Edit: God I suck at drawing.
Back to top Go down
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆
Callanthe

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 am

I beat all 3 on one try... always put poison in front, slow and area attack behind, and knockback in the very back.
Back to top Go down
ISaidLol

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:55 pm

By the way, leveling up your "Master of Land", "Ruler of Air", and "Parter of Sea" skills really makes a big difference.

I had all on level 0, and HARD was impossible for me. Then I levelled them all to level 10, and I beat HARD with one try.

Also, I guess increasing Unit Skill Boosts would also help.
Back to top Go down
tom6148

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

my game keep crashing when there're too many monster doesn't matter about the layout, LOL & Sad
Back to top Go down
Jim4good
☆☆
Jim4good

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:20 am

ISaidLol wrote:
By the way, leveling up your "Master of Land", "Ruler of Air", and "Parter of Sea" skills really makes a big difference.

I had all on level 0, and HARD was impossible for me. Then I levelled them all to level 10, and I beat HARD with one try.

Also, I guess increasing Unit Skill Boosts would also help.
I second this
Back to top Go down
Ginger2728

Ginger2728

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:45 pm

I also leveled up "Poison", "Slow", "Knockback" and "Area Attack" which may have helped me, however, location location is the key.
Normal: On the middle lane of the "S" formation use both Poison units ( Cecilia and Diana), right after on the first part of the lower lane use Knockback (Gloria) and then both Slow (Seth and Monica) units closer to each other.

Hard: at the front use both Yuriya and Luce (poisons) on both sides, stagger them a little, not right across from each other, then in the middle Guy and Alfonso in different sides but not right across each other, stagger them a bit, and towards the end use Sergei.

I completed each level in one try so this should work for me. Btw I got this from another experienced player.
Back to top Go down
Arasuki

Arasuki

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:45 pm

understand the term "buffer zone" and "killzone"

poison at the front will allow for easier clean up

arranging it like [KNOCKBACK] - [SLOW]
will continuously keep monsters in the same place where the dps is central.
this is the killzone. if things are getting past it, then you just tweak it a bit.

honestly EASY is the the hardest of the 3 but thats still not saying much as it's pretty straightforward if you got a bit of tactical thinking
Back to top Go down
http://mikanstorm.blogspot.com
hatakeshinja

hatakeshinja

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 am

zSly wrote:
I forgot how to do the EASY & HARD one.. but the NORMAL one, I placed the units in the last bottom 2 rows and left the top one blank lol
can you teach me how to beat the NORMAL quest? I already beat HARD & EASY but i can't beat NORMAL quest... pale
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 am

Sorry for reviving old topic, but I'd like to add the solution to Normal and Hard that I used.
All my Land, Air and Sea attack skills were only at lv3 and Poison/Slow/KB/Area skills were at lv0, so this should be clear-able for anyone who just started out.

Normal
Spoiler:

Hard
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hunkamajunka
☆☆☆
Hunkamajunka

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:16 pm

gag...still havnt beat any one of these xD
Back to top Go down
vul
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Having a device with a good processor really makes a difference! Helmut kinda proves that DPS is affected by using different devices...
Back to top Go down
tylerdurden

tylerdurden

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:15 am

just done the normal mission.

here my setup

diana/monica cecillia (the nearest)

seth/gloria

most where death before the last corner (with my ipod touch4, was easier with my ipad)
Back to top Go down
naturesfox

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:36 pm

It helps upgrading your skills for Land/Air/Sea. Extra damage is nice <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....   Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helmut's Boot Camp? HOW THE....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2