Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StelraEtnae

StelraEtnae

Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki Empty
PostSubject: Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki   Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:26 pm

So I tried checking out the Chinese wiki for speeds because I heard that it gives more exact values rather than just A-E in our case, but I have to admit that I'm honestly quite baffled about the info that I found. Can someone explain to me how it works?

A few examples:
Aeris - B/0.5
Paris - B/0.45
Epimeleia - C/0.6
Mercury - C/0.75
Bear - C/0.4
Muriel - D/0.5
Memoria - D/0.6
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki   Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Dont quote me on this but i think its the sprite delay, the time between the end of an attack animation and start of the next attack animation. I believe i have read that somewhere. Dont worry, it baffles me aswell. Always have. xD
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki   Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:09 pm

This is the thread I go off of:
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t10373-rebooting-the-speed-discussion

Sadly he never got back to it, but I think it's pretty accepted (I think I saw KuroStar post on it) that the speed rating only applies to time between attacks. So projectile speed matters a lot and seems to effect mages the most.

Also, the multi-hit units have terrible dps because their attack animations are so darn long (Verne, Willie, Zhao Yun, ect).
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki   Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 pm

This is the delay between each attack the unit does, and its much more accurate than our servers here, being just letters. (Not sure how this attack speed works in Colo and GW in Chinese Fanta, because delay doesn't really matter in Colo and GW in our servers, the turns are based on letters and possibly the delay if the units' speed are at the same letter)

Units that do multi-hits have very long delay and are quite mediocre in their DPS (don't ask me why Willie is expensive then , she's still a good 15 DC Missile and she seems to be useful in some of the events like Popularity due to the Multi-Shot damage bug) but are still useful in quests and stuff. The only advantage is that they switch targets and don't overkill.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki   Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:56 am

A rule of thumb that I go by that may be 100% true or it may be off (it is disputed) is this:

The Chinese cards have speeds as a letter and a number. The number is the 'sprite speed', ie, how fast it attacks in a quest environment (quests and boss fights primarily).

So Monica with .40 sprite speed will attack a LOT faster than Abel with a .80 sprite speed, even though they are both D. So for the purposes of quest style fights, sprite speed is extremely important, and mages tend to have great sprite speeds.

For colosseum (if it still exists), guild war, raising event battles, gifting battles, etc.... this may not be 100% accurate but I have no evidence to disprove it, ie, it seems right to me:

Melee unit speed = sprite speed
Missile unit speed = sprite speed + .30
C speed Mage unit speed = sprite speed + .40
D speed mage unit speed = sprite speed + .50

In some light testing by me this seems to hold up, but others believe it not to be true. In any case, it is a decent rule of thumb to go by.
Back to top Go down
StelraEtnae

StelraEtnae

PostSubject: Re: Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki   Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:45 pm

I... think I understand that. Maybe. xD I definitely understand more than I did before, anyway.
Thanks for the explanations! They were very helpful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki   Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed numbers in the Chinese wiki
Page 1 of 1