Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

What I should get/replace for Arena Team?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

What I should get/replace for Arena Team? Empty
PostSubject: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:30 pm

I am thinking of building my Arena team now since 6* price has been going down by a lot. So, I just want to hear some advice on what I should get or get rid of. The following is the 6* I currently have:

Saki
Lusoria
Itta
Reve
Rouge
Clarissa
Phileas
Storm
Ficial
Celia 6
Leitrim
Lavinia
Senti
Delfina
Aksana
Ddraig
Morticia
Alt
All 3 Login event 6*

Thanks in advance Wink
Back to top Go down
alexterrier92

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:28 am

u shud keep phileas ficial leitrim lavinia senti delfina aksana alt. sell the rest and get some tanks like baldo or vlad or reinhard
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 am

alexterrier92 wrote:
u shud keep phileas ficial leitrim lavinia senti delfina aksana alt. sell the rest and get some tanks like baldo or vlad or reinhard

But I think DC cost be a problem? The total DC cost is already at 195 if I keep those.
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:36 am

Hi Ryosuke, could you help us with listing the type, deploy costs, range and (arena) skills of the units, so we can better help you with the advice?
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 4:22 pm

@SpaceBug

Updated:
Ryosuke wrote:
Saki (Missile/150/25/D/Slow)
Lusoria (Missile/150/30/C/KB)
Itta (Magic/150/30/C/Slow)
Reve (Missile/175/25/D/AA)
Rouge (Magic/150/30/D/AA)
Clarissa (Missile/175/30/D/AA)
Phileas (Melee/130/20/B/Slow,Nerve Strike)
Storm (Missile/150/25/D/AA,Crit Shot)
Ficial (Missile/150/25/C/KB,Triple Atk)
Celia 6 (Magic/150/20/D/Slow,Speed Order)
Leitrim (Magic/130/25/C/KB,Blink)
Lavinia (Magic/150/20/C/Slow,Incinerate)
Senti (Missile/150/25/C/Poison,IW)
Delfina (Melee/130/30/C/KB,Quad Atk)
Aksana (Melee/110/25/B/Slow,IW)
Ddraig (Missile/175/30/C/Poison)
Morticia (Magic/150/20/D/Poison)
Alt (Magic/150/25/C/Poison,Speed Order)
Selena (Melee/130/25/C/KB,Backstab)
Grace (Magic/150/20/D/Slow)
Giselle (Magic/150/15/D/KB)

New Units I got earlier:
Payne (Melee/130/25/CKnockback,Riposte)
Phoebe6 (Melee/130/25/B/Poison,AtkBoost,Speed Order)
Sphaira (Missile/175/25/C/Poison,Crit Shot)
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks Ryo, but before I work on this, i just want to make sure meant Guild Battle team and not Battle Arena team? Because you mentioned both Arena and "already 195 dc". Just checking :-)
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Spacebug wrote:
Thanks Ryo, but before I work on this, i just want to make sure meant Guild Battle team and not Battle Arena team? Because you mentioned both Arena and "already 195 dc". Just checking :-)

Yes, I meant to say Guild Battle, since Battle arena is basically dead in jp already...
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:34 pm

The following is purely based on my experience, knowledge and preferences and it's by no means the only way to assemble GW teams.

I think the following is important in a GW team:

Speed for attacking teams or defense arena skills / bulkyness for defenders
A heavy tank and a semi-tank in any team, in order to protect the weaker units
150 or higher range units with nasty arena skills, dealing damage from the back. A low dc is preferred

I'm missing heavy tanks in your list. Heavy tanks are usually 30 DC melee units with 110 or 130 range and with around 900k HP or more (talking about 6* here). Delfina somehow is only a semi-tank with 733k HP, and her 30 dc makes her somewhat clumsy to use. Check Vaati's hp list for ideas. Examples of cheap heavy tanks are Reimund, Gideon, Reinhard (fast but low attacking power though) and Paris. Make sure their range does not exceed 130 (see later in the post). I recommend having at least 2 or even 3 heavy tanks, because a team will crumble once the tank and semi-tank are gone.

As mentioned just now, you need semi tanks too, 2 of them. They are usually 25 dc melee units with around ~700k HP and a nasty/awesome arena skill. I see you have Payne and Phoebe 6, and Aksana perhaps in a defensive team. I choose them because of their skills and/or their speed. Now I just hope that Riposte will be an useful skill once we know how it works, otherwise you will need to look for another unit (I recommend Flores). I noticed you have Leitrim, who strangely has 130 range instead of 130+ for a Magic type. However, this range could actually work very well with her Blink skill (which is a defensive skill), so I'm adding her here (even though she is a magic unit)

With the 4 tanks chosen, you are left with 90 DC for 4 or 5 units with a range of 150 or higher. It is possible to have 1 unit with 130 range, but just 1. I prefer C speed over D speed, but in general it should not matter too much, since the tanks should last long enough for them to attack at least once.

Possible selections are:

For a 9 man attacking team:

(20) Lavinia with Incinerate
(20) Celia 6 with Speed Order
(20) Phileas with B speed and nerve strike
(15) Giselle (filler unit)
(15) <Other 15 dc filler unit> (Just pick one with an awesome arena skill, like Aquaria. Or Vert if you like expensive units instead)

or

For a 8 man attacking team:

(25) Ficial with Triple Attack
(25) Sphaira with crit shot

For a 8 man defending team:

(25) Senti with IW
(25) Alt with Speed Order

Possible substitues are:

Lavinia (Magic/150/20/C/Slow,Incinerate)
Celia 6 (Magic/150/20/D/Slow,Speed Order)
Phileas (Melee/130/20/B/Slow,Nerve Strike)
Ficial (Missile/150/25/C/KB,Triple Atk)
Senti (Missile/150/25/C/Poison,IW)
Alt (Magic/150/25/C/Poison,Speed Order)
Giselle (Magic/150/15/D/KB)
Sphaira (Missile/175/25/C/Poison,Crit Shot)

I don't know what it means for your team to have 3 units with speed order, but if they can be stacked and proc over and over, then you may be able to create a hard to beat team.

So on with assembling the teams. First read up a certain thread where it's explained how the order of the teams work and what the range does for which unit gets attacked first. I'll post the link if I find it. In general, order is first determined by the range (lower ranges are hit first), then comes the placement order as displayed below (1. is hit earlier than 2 and so on)

Example 1, 9 man attacking team (purely for attacking, no defense should be up)

1. <30 DC Melee Tank 1>......6. <30 DC Melee Tank 2>
2. Phoebe 6.........................7. Payne
3. Lavinia.............................8. Phileas
4. Celia 6..............................9. <15 DC filler unit>
5. Giselle

The idea of a GW team is to have <30 DC Melee Tank 1> absorb all the hits and die. When he dies, then by the order logic, <30 DC Melee Tank 2> will join the team, standing in front of Lavinia and again act as a tank together with Phoebe. If both <30 DC Melee Tank 1> and Phoebe bites it, then <30 DC Melee Tank 2> and Payne will automatically act as the tanks. Even if Lavinia dies too in the same battle, the substituted tanks will stand in front of Celia acting as tanks. By the way, Phileas can only be positioned there because otherwise she can't be protected by the tanks. That's why I said earlier that you can have only 1 unit in this category with a range of 130.

Example 2, 8 man defending team (fallen units should be replaced immediately)

1. <30 DC Melee Tank 1>......6. <30 DC Melee Tank 2>
2. Leitrim.............................7. Aksana
3. Senti................................8. Alt
4. Lavinia              
5. Celia 6              

Idea remains the same, but this time I used all the defensive units you have.

Play around with fiddling with the deploy costs, as long as the idea of tanks jumping in front of the higher ranged units to tank when the previous tanks have fallen, you will be fine. And that is the reason why tanks should not have a range higher than 130.
For example, in a variant, you can have a third heavy tank at Alt's position, but you will need to find an awesome 15 dc unit with 150 range or higher to replace a unit to make the dc work again.

Sorry for the extreme long post. Hope you will find this useful and that this could serve as a guide for more people. You really have a nice collection here. The units I did not mention are in my eyes not good enough to be placed in your GW team. If you have questions or simply can't understand what I'm saying, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Thank you for the detail explanation. I think I understand most of what you have said.

But I just to make sure about the order of taking damage. For instance, if I have a screw up formation like this:
1. 200A; 6. 150A
2. 130A; 7. 110A
3. 150B; 8. 175A
4. 150A; 9. 130B
5. 110B

Notation: 200A - 1st range 200 unit

The order of being hit will be in position: 5>7>2>9>3>4>6>8>1.
Is it correct?
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 am

No problem, I was bored anyways >_<

And yep, you got the order exactly right :-)

By the way, you should reserve 1 spot for an event unit. I'll let the "how to place the event unit in your team" over to you, since it's depending on what their stats are. In general it needs to be protected, can be removed from the attacking team (but not by putting it in the defense) and also can be placed in the attacking team by putting a tank in defense mode. A 7* event unit would of course be easier to place in a team than a weak, under-leveled 4*.
Back to top Go down
cruorimancer
☆☆☆
cruorimancer

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:28 am

I dont want to hijack other people topic, but since the topic is about good unit for GW which nesxt event is one, I'd like to ask for an opinion on my team...
I have as follow :

Cella (7*) - magic/150/30/D/AreaAttack
Alvida - melee/130/30/B/poison
Bristol - Melee/130/25/B/IW
Closer - melee/130/25/B/Backstab
Desire - melee/130/20/C/drain
Dizzy - melee/130/20/B/backstab
Ddraig - missile/175/30/C/poison
Giselle - Magic/150/15/D/KB
Grace - Magic/150/20/D/Slow
Lubu - melee/150/30/C/KB
Nanaca - Missile/150/20/C/KB
Orsia - melee/130/20/B/poison
Romanus - Magic/150/25/C/Incinerate
Selina - melee/130/25/C/Backstab
Shade - Magic/130/25/C/Blink
Willie - Missile/200/15/D/Snipe
Edwin 5* - Melee/130/15/B/slow

so should I buy other units, or does what i have sufficient enough? I'm thinking on using this 8 unit formation :

Alvida - LuBu
Closer - Roman
Willie - Edwin
Nanaca/Desire
Cella

what do you guys think?
and once again, sorry for hijacking and reviving the topic...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I should get/replace for Arena Team?   What I should get/replace for Arena Team? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I should get/replace for Arena Team?
Page 1 of 1