Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Translation for Japanese character text for Estlin?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
coolpowers

Translation for Japanese character text for Estlin? Empty
PostSubject: Translation for Japanese character text for Estlin?   Translation for Japanese character text for Estlin? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm curious about the original wording of character stories, in particular Estlin. Some of the English text seems to poetic to be literal translations from the Japanese, and I wondered what the original intentions were.

I'd post the wiki page to make it easy for you to check, but I guess I can't post a link for a week Smile
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

Translation for Japanese character text for Estlin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Translation for Japanese character text for Estlin?   Translation for Japanese character text for Estlin? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Here I'll link for you:
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Estlin

From a cursory reading of the Chinese card, the story is the same. Some of the terminology is switched around which may change the connotations, but that could just be my poor reading skills.
Back to top Go down

Translation for Japanese character text for Estlin?
Page 1 of 1