Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

In-game Wall Posts question

Go down 
+3
Yuan
Resetz
seanlink
7 posters
AuthorMessage
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

In-game Wall Posts question Empty
PostSubject: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 4:01 pm

I have a question about the in-game wall posts. What's the difference between all the types of posts on my wall?

Types are
Allies - is this just a general message that an ally sends out to all everyone on their ally list, or is it specifically a message for me

All - who are these sent from

Blank - doesn't have any description in top right corner, just seems to be from some random person
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 4:25 pm

All is from all you allies
Allies actually only from the one ally

for example

write message on the Allies tab is to send to all your allies, on your allies wall will display All

write message on one Allies wall (Porfile page) will display to him/her Allies

Blank one I think is other people write on you wall that is not your allies
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Blank = Stranger
All = Ally posting to all of their allies
Ally = Ally talking to you specifically
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Who gets the message if i post something on the one that's on my main page?
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:04 pm

seanlink wrote:
Who gets the message if i post something on the one that's on my main page?
Just you and whoever visits your wall.

Think of a physical wall. And everyone has a wall. You tend to stare at your own wall. If someone comes and writes on it, you see it because you tend to stare at it. If you write on someone else's wall, same thing. If you send to "all allies", it's effectively same as writing it 30x (or how many ever allies) on each of their walls. If a stranger comes and looks at your wall, they see everything too.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:07 pm

Okay, thanks a lot. Been playing for 2 months, good to finally get that cleared up.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm

I just wish having conversations with people was easier.  I'll type a bunch of messages to an ally, but i won't see their response until i go to my page, and i want to make sense out of the conversation later i have to go back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm

Well, that's pretty much why KIK is so popular in this game... so we can actually talk.

I think they're just stabbing themselves in the foot by having terrible chat, but... nothing I can do about it.
Back to top Go down
ChaosCleff
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:41 am

What would be helpful is an increase in the character limit so we can actually use up the full two lines of text space.

That and a feature to automatically split our messages into multiple posts if it exceeds two lines.

Too bad none of these will ever happen >.>
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am

I think they have the character limit because they strictly do not want it to pass 2 lines. Like if you write all @ symbols (or whichever character is longest width), you'll probably reach the max space. It's a very crude mechanism imo to enforce that.
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

They should've had implemented some sort of mailing system.

It's kinda sad that Fanta doesn't put much effort on improving its own messaging system. I've been playing for months and meesaging in game is still prehestoric. Has it always been like this since the game started?
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 pm

I think I have seen it use up 2 line once in a while.

I think the 40 character limit works fine for Asian countries, but not so well for English.
An in game messaging system would be great, as sometimes you want some privacy, like when you r negotiating for a trade.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 pm

bluerexx wrote:
I think I have seen it use up 2 line once in a while.

I think the 40 character limit works fine for Asian countries, but not so well for English.
An in game messaging system would be great, as sometimes you want some privacy, like when you r negotiating for a trade.
I bet it's this too. I know that in Japanese games the text for stuff can be very minimal compared to the English translation for it. For example I play an import game called Super Robot Wars and they can have a line of text that is 12 of their characters, but when translated to English it takes 30 characters or more.

Someone mentioned KIK, is that just talking to people via this website PMs?
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:27 pm

KIK is an app. Search it on App Store or Google play(Depending on your device).

Btw, SRT FTW!!! I love those games, if only more of them gets localized Sad
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:45 pm

They're pretty easy to learn how to play the Japanese versions. And a lot of times someone ends up making a translation guide for the story.
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 pm

There are even menu translation patches sometimes. I just prefer it when I understand the plot while I'm playing.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Heh, i play through the game once when it first comes out, then do a 2nd playthrough (with tons of money for awesome upgrades) where i read the main story.

You should check out 2nd OGS for PS3. It's not region locked and a pretty good story translation has been posted on another site.
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 am

Not a fan of reading translations though, unless it's a translation patch. I kinda easily forget the plot when I have to read it somewhere else other than in game.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Well main reason I play is for the awesome battle animations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In-game Wall Posts question   In-game Wall Posts question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In-game Wall Posts question
Page 1 of 1