Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..

Go down 
+5
equals399
abuqasar
chaosbladeuk
shure
TotteringToby
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TotteringToby

Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  Empty
PostSubject: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Im a european player and I started playing Fantasica 3-4 months ago and got immediatly hooked. Im a semi-free player and I use a good amount of time on the game.

When I read about this new arena co-op style event I was really psyched! I was grinding out those extra unit lvls on 2-7; aiming for that 5* and not let down my team, that was my goals.

Now when its started, Im both happy and sad. I really like the guild and battle aspect of the event. Interacting with teammates and aiming towards the same goals.

Unfortunatly there is one thing that destroy this event for me. Time Zones.

I want to do the best i can, for me but mostly for my guild. As it is right now, Im unable to do the best I can and
I feel like Im letting down my guild.

There are 4 battles every day. I can always play the two first. The third and fourth I can only play on weekends and even then its a struggle.

Why is it a struggle? First battle is 5pm which is perfect for me.
Second battle is 9pm which is ok.
Third and fourth battle is 3am and 6am which is impossible for me on weekdays and not a thrill on weekends.

With all the different time zones playing this game on the same server, its a gutsy move from the fantateam to go through with this event. Unfortunatly this event mainly benefits US players. I dont have any concrete numbers but Im pretty sure the biggest playerbase is from the US so Im fine with the event benefiting the US more than EU. As it is now, it feels as if europe was forgotten when they set the battle timers.

What I found as the most logical solution to make it more even is changing the five hour break between 10pm and 3am to a two hour break. That would make three battles possible for me instead of two.

What Im hoping to achieve with this wall of text is to show that there is a european playerbase and might even open an eye or two.

Please comment and share your opinions on the event and the themes I have written about Smile

- TotteringToby
Back to top Go down
shure
☆☆☆
shure

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 2:12 am

Same time zone here. Fortunetelly I can afford 3 of 4 battles, just setting alarm at 5:30 and 5:50, one of those will wake me for sure xD But it's because I have summer break, if this event was later I couldn't do this.
Also I agree about changing 5 hour break to 2. I would even stay up to 4th battle maybe. But I guess it's not perfect solution, ppl from US can also complain about battles so early ( for them ), the have jobs etc.
I think they set time this way so every time zone can be online at at least 2 battles. It's not "benefits for US"
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:03 am

I'm at GMT+0 and although its a bit rough for me time wise to participate (4pm, 8pm, 2am and 5am), it actually works out very well. The downtime is when I'm at actually at work and by 4pm the office is dead (I leave at 4.30). I think the Asians get it alot worse than Europeans - SG/Malay times are 11pm, 3am, 9am, 12pm
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:00 am

chaosbladeuk wrote:
I'm at GMT+0 and although its a bit rough for me time wise to participate (4pm, 8pm, 2am and 5am), it actually works out very well. The downtime is when I'm at actually at work and by 4pm the office is dead (I leave at 4.30). I think the Asians get it alot worse than Europeans - SG/Malay times are 11pm, 3am, 9am, 12pm  
I've been taking short power naps from 12am-2.45am | 4am-8am for the past 2 nights to replace my normal 6/7 hour sleeping habits. GMT +8 for asians is rough. Its still early but I'm beginning to dread the effects that are surely coming in the days ahead.
Back to top Go down
equals399
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:27 am

abuqasar wrote:
chaosbladeuk wrote:
I've been taking short power naps from 12am-2.45am | 4am-8am for the past 2 nights to replace my normal 6/7 hour sleeping habits. GMT +8 for asians is rough. Its still early but I'm beginning to dread the effects that are surely coming in the days ahead.
My concern is that my sleeping patterns never recover from this kind of lifestyle! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ilyere
☆☆☆
Ilyere

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:30 am

I'm GMT here. I participated in the first six battles fine, but then as I waited for the seventh battle at 2AM... I fell asleep. And I didn't wake up until my alarm woke me up at 5AM. And it's only the second day. It's real rough so far. ;_;

It seems like every person from a timezone other than USA can make two out of four battles, but as you'll know, participating and/or winning 14 out of 28 battles won't even get you any decent rewards. You have to be up for all of them, which sucks.
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:18 am

I'm in the US EST. During the weekend I was able to make all the battles, however on weekdays I can only make 1 of 4. For me the battle are at 11am (working), 3pm (working), 9 pm (I can make this one), and midnight (too late for me I turn in at 11). Frankly the schedule only works for people who are not working full time, and are willing to adapt their schedule around the game.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:26 am

Im in server +1 timezone and after staying up or trying to wake up at 3am to insure my rank in several events (I've lost my effing rank 2 times cause i didnt wake up when my alarm went off!!!!!Mad ) .... anyway I love that these battles are all during great times for me personally. i have an amazing job where i can take 2x 1 hour poo breaks to do the guild battle and the others are after the kids are asleep... so everyone complaining about the times can eat it while i sleep great.
Back to top Go down
Speckter

Speckter

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:37 am

it will be a challenge for all. which really emphasizes the team aspect I like about this game. it's not all about how much you grind but also the allies you have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..    Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time Zones. Why I hate and love this guild event..
Page 1 of 1