Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Raise your hand if you hate this event

Go down 
+24
Strenhelden
turtlesaur
Uriel
Ryokushin
kgst
po1102
shinjichan
aszutai
manabe
lmnseason
myad
mythic99
themadmanazn
Despoted
BkWiz
Blargod
predator852
Ghost_Star
Whenesday
Kingcolex
joeladams20
KuroStar
zachay2000
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zachay2000

zachay2000

Raise your hand if you hate this event Empty
PostSubject: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:48 am

This event that we are in right now is terrible. I probably would have preferred not to have an event at all but instead we are presented with this backwards event that takes up training. I liked the den of sin a lot and the amazon event before it was what got me hooked on the game (the Fires of Apocalypse 2 was fun but I didn't have a ton of blaze tickets). I'm honestly having more fun with 2-7 than I am with the event and that's probably because I know that without spending money I can't reap all the soul shard rewards in time.
Den of Sin was fun because since it gave out 3 te every 3000pts, I was able to buy my second 5* off of that alone!

I would love another event similar to the amazon event as well because I thought that using the allies and just one of my units was a lot of fun, it made me think more about unit placement and abilities instead of pure stats. But this latest one, I'm just pitting my Sogno against these bosses 1v1 and while I haven't lost yet, it is still annoying that I have to use training pts to do anything in the event (help allies, find bosses, and then wait for about an hour for my training pts to return)! I think for now I'm going to start saving up any tickets I get from events and so on because when ever I use one I usually get a 2* or 3* and it doesn't even seem worth it anymore.

Whose with me on this?
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:25 am

May I ask what rank are you right now?
I hate this event too but on only one thing... THE REWARDS! They could at least get better rewards on BT as well as Spirit Shards. If you notice, there's no Time Elixir that is tradable that can be obtained through this event. I hope the rewards will improve at part 2 of this.
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:29 am

Right now I am 2293 but I just got back all my training points so that is going to go up a bit.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:30 am

zachay2000 wrote:
Right now I am 2293 but I just got back all my training points so that is going to go up a bit.
Omg!!! 1989 . Are you a free player cause I am... But WTF..... Why so many ppl I noe all rank higher than 2k :/
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 am

And btw it's still approximately less than 4 days to the end of this event plus I'm going holiday from this wed-sat...
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 am

i have spent money on the game but all it got me was 3* and 4* units. Now I refuse to spend money because this game isn't kind to people to who do spend money (other games such as Urban Rivals give you benefits for spending even just $1 a month on the game). the best reward I ever got was in the den of sin, where I got the 29 te from just playing and not spending any money. I think in order for the game to get back on it's feet, we need the incorporation of an in game auction house or for the tickets to go back to giving the triple chance along with any item bonuses that may come up.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 am

zachay2000 wrote:
i have spent money on the game but all it got me was 3* and 4* units. Now I refuse to spend money because this game isn't kind to people to who do spend money (other games such as Urban Rivals give you benefits for spending even just $1 a month on the game). the best reward I ever got was in the den of sin, where I got the 29 te from just playing and not spending any money. I think in order for the game to get back on it's feet, we need the incorporation of an in game auction house or for the tickets to go back to giving the triple chance along with any item bonuses that may come up.
And your units u're using now?
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 am

Right now my main is lv 85 Sogno and next up to bat is a lv 66 Rem. Sogno btw eats these bosses up for the time being.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:05 am

zachay2000 wrote:
Right now my main is lv 85 Sogno and next up to bat is a lv 66 Rem. Sogno btw eats these bosses up for the time being.
A max Chris and Lv 50+ Yuriya, achillea, estlin and Yuriya
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 am

What star rank is Chris?
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 am

I learned the hard way, too. I have 1000 fanta points just sitting in limbo because they haven't given me good enough odds in my favor on the gamblings they offer me in the card packs section. I bought 1,500 fanta points and I spent 500 of it on a fm 3*- haven't spent money since. I am not spending any more money on 3*'s and will not spend any more money until they put the odds more into my favor. I suggest you not spend any more money on the game unless they fix this huge issue and wait until the next event that will be much more enjoyable than the always tedious, always lame training events.

There will be plenty of players to keep this game on it's feet. You just need to decide if you want to put up with it's b.s. I think I will, so long as I still get a few rewards in an event.
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 am

My main issue right now is actually kinda unique. Without saying too much I've been presented with a chance that many of us would die for. I was offered to lead up and design my own MMO for mobile games. I don't appreciate games that don't acknowledge the fans, or give them much fan service. I think that everything should be obtainable to everyone and that services should be provided in game so that players can benefit from this. It's no longer a matter of voting with my wallet, I now have a chance to create something that will be made for the free to play audience.

I'm still shaping the idea but my blog will have more details in the future (randomnerdstuff.wordpress.com). I don't get it though, this isn't how a game should run. They want to isolate their audience in hopes of increase their own rev. There are better ways to do it, namely content packs which the players can customize (urban rivals does this where you can acutally narrow down to which set of cards you want before purchasing). Also $2.99 for one card is steep. Magic the Gathering is $4.00 for a pack of 15 which ensures you at least 1 rare and 3 uncommon every time!

I think that a $1 premium option is what players need right now, and a way to narrow down what players are looking for (They have the series sets, why not use them in the long run instead of just for events?). I don't mean to be so harsh on them but again I'm in a position to try to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 am

zachay2000 wrote:
What star rank is Chris?
Back to top Go down
Kingcolex

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 am

Im just pissed about the points i mean hell i cant even get the 4* with this random phantom rate, thats what annoys me.
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 am

I just love this event, as it frees you up from constant timer checking to i.e. post on this forum. Den of Sin was horrible in that aspect - you not only had to fight in two arenas every 10 minutes, trying to find opponent that is weaker than you, but you also had to frantically run 2-7 over and over again to bring the rest of your units up to the challenge.

It is also the most social one, as you have to actively engage your allies - begging, bribing, or making them in any other way realize that it is in their own interests to spend 10 Training points to get 1 guaranteed shard and to receive back the assist that saves them the 50 Training points it takes to fight the boss again.

The rewards are a pity, though - but everything else is much better than the other two events I took part in.

zachay2000 wrote:
Also $2.99 for one card is steep. Magic the Gathering is $4.00 for a pack of 15 which ensures you at least 1 rare and 3 uncommon every time!
They are victims of their own game design - you mostly need just one really good card in Fantasica, while in MtG you need a full array of those.
Back to top Go down
Kingcolex

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 am

57803882 wrote:
I just love this event, as it frees you up from constant timer checking to i.e. post on this forum. Den of Sin was horrible in that aspect - you not only had to fight in two arenas every 10 minutes, trying to find opponent that is weaker than you, but you also had to frantically run 2-7 over and over again to bring the rest of your units up to the challenge.

It is also the most social one, as you have to actively engage your allies - begging, bribing, or making them in any other way realize that it is in their own interests to spend 10 Training points to get 1 guaranteed shard and to receive back the assist that saves them the 50 Training points it takes to fight the boss again.

The rewards are a pity, though - but everything else is much better than the other two events I took part in.

zachay2000 wrote:
Also $2.99 for one card is steep. Magic the Gathering is $4.00 for a pack of 15 which ensures you at least 1 rare and 3 uncommon every time!
They are victims of their own game design - you mostly need just one really good card in Fantasica, while in MtG you need a full array of those.
On the card pack is rediculous you should AT minimum get 3 digital no cost to them cards for the price. I am sure the customer wouldn't feel so cheated when they buy packs. I know i cant be the only one who rages when the get a terrible 3 * for 3 Usd.
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 am

It's just that I would rather pay $1 for a card rather than $2.99 for one. The bundles could stand to drop in price as well. The rewards for this event a little insane as well (come on at least give us te that we can trade), and we could stand for a bit more customer service.
Back to top Go down
Kingcolex

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:37 am

zachay2000 wrote:
It's just that I would rather pay $1 for a card rather than $2.99 for one. The bundles could stand to drop in price as well. The rewards for this event a little insane as well (come on at least give us te that we can trade), and we could stand for a bit more customer service.
That would be perfect, i wouldn't feel so bad about buying cards and would probably in the long run spend alot more.
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:02 am

zachay2000 wrote:
This event that we are in right now is terrible. I probably would have preferred not to have an event at all but instead we are presented with this backwards event that takes up training. I liked the den of sin a lot and the amazon event before it was what got me hooked on the game (the Fires of Apocalypse 2 was fun but I didn't have a ton of blaze tickets). I'm honestly having more fun with 2-7 than I am with the event and that's probably because I know that without spending money I can't reap all the soul shard rewards in time.
Den of Sin was fun because since it gave out 3 te every 3000pts, I was able to buy my second 5* off of that alone!

I would love another event similar to the amazon event as well because I thought that using the allies and just one of my units was a lot of fun, it made me think more about unit placement and abilities instead of pure stats. But this latest one, I'm just pitting my Sogno against these bosses 1v1 and while I haven't lost yet, it is still annoying that I have to use training pts to do anything in the event (help allies, find bosses, and then wait for about an hour for my training pts to return)! I think for now I'm going to start saving up any tickets I get from events and so on because when ever I use one I usually get a 2* or 3* and it doesn't even seem worth it anymore.

Whose with me on this?

Well, there's got to have some variety needed for events as its gonna be boring much faster if its just tower > Colosseum > FoA > Tower > Etc.

What I've posted on the event thread:

Quote :
Rather than some mindless tower climbing, you gotta manage multiple resources on this one. Training Points, Potions, allies' assists and assisting, Boss Queue, Boss Difficulty, Spikes, Own unit(s) and lastly time itself. All which still hinges onto luck, though.

Right now your Sogno is still able to fend herself against the bosses, but soon when you met more of them, you will find that you will need the help from your allies. And progressively then it will require multiple attempts even with the full help of 3 allies.

If you're purely thinking about profitability comparison between Den of Sin and this current event, then yes Den of Sin does give more rewards for casual players in that sense. If you're simply talking about rewards, the FoA-style should be condemn as it gives the least rewards to casual players compared to the other events.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 am

/hand raised

I enjoyed the holloween event a lot, but this.....

I think its Toms fault, the 5* encounter rate with the db's was doable and i was able to do really really well, 8k away from the 5* reward playing casually and free... and now? I'll be suprised if it hit Mary, I blame Tom.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah I'm fond of training events because they dont glue me t my phone 10 minutes at a time, Mainly, when I sleep at night I can wake up every hour, fill my quene w/bosses and then fall asleep and let them flee so the next day they'll all be low level again. And I can even manage to play in class.

Fantasica does a lot of things right, although I hate to admit it. Let's look at the 4 core event types. They each fall into one of two categories:

Tower Event(Amazon Forest)/PvP Event (Den of Sin): These two events are very dynamic. They offer the casual player something to grind and gain as they please, and really, the more you do the more you get. For the more hardcore players high ranks give great event rewards, and in the case of the PvP the biggest spenders can come out in an extremely favorable position like LeExcellen recently did when he took 2 Marybells. Also, because they are on 10 minute times, a free player who dedicates a week of their life in this game can snag a top position, because everyone cant play every 10 minutes.

Ticket Event (FoA2)/ Training Event (Soul Hunters): These events are geared toward rewarding those who spend excessivly. Yeah, for free players there isn't really much there for them. But for paying players it is really easy to excell in one of these events without doing too much work, as long as you have the wallet for it. And face it, some games that are free to play never give free players chances to prosper, so the fact that Fanta gives free players the tower and PvP event is already generous.

Also, the game does a pretty good job of always offering a new expierience. A new event EVERY WEEK??? That's something few other mobile games can boast.

On top of all that, there's the uniquity. All trading card games are the same. RoB, Marvel War of Hero's, even Urban Rivals (a game that I admit I love, and have mentioned on multiple occasions that there are things each of these games can learn from eachother) have too many similarites for me. Fanta adds the Tower Defense formula, something that I believe is genius in of itself. Also, the unique spins they put on the gameplay to make events is very well thought out.

Finally, I would like to address the ally system. Honestly, I believe this is the best group mechanic I've seen in a mobile game. It is the alternative to the Guild/order etc. componant that i for one believe is very binding. With the ally system everyone's team is unique. No matter who you are, you are the leader of the people you rely on to help you excel. Don't like one ally? Drop him! You don't need to ask your guild leader, there's no clearance nessasary, and you don't have to micromanage a group of people to get the best for your gameplay. Because the honest truth is, if you can find 30 people that play all the time and are self sufficent, the 30 people that make up your personal "order" will support you without trying.

These are a few reasons that I choose not to attack Fanta everytime something goes wrong. Because as money hungry as it is, it is a game that is a welcome change from the regular mobile and console game scene. This game has kept my attention since late August. That puts it on a tier with Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Diablo 2 for me. Because the truth is no other game (and I've played a lot) has been able to keep my attention for more than 2 months.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 am

Whenesday wrote:
zachay2000 wrote:

Whose with me on this?

Well, there's got to have some variety needed for events as its gonna be boring much faster if its just tower > Colosseum > FoA > Tower > Etc.

What I've posted on the event thread:

Quote :
Rather than some mindless tower climbing, you gotta manage multiple resources on this one. Training Points, Potions, allies' assists and assisting, Boss Queue, Boss Difficulty, Spikes, Own unit(s) and lastly time itself. All which still hinges onto luck, though.

Right now your Sogno is still able to fend herself against the bosses, but soon when you met more of them, you will find that you will need the help from your allies. And progressively then it will require multiple attempts even with the full help of 3 allies.

If you're purely thinking about profitability comparison between Den of Sin and this current event, then yes Den of Sin does give more rewards for casual players in that sense. If you're simply talking about rewards, the FoA-style should be condemn as it gives the least rewards to casual players compared to the other events.

Whensday uses the right word: Variety. There are 4 types of events (not counting the recruitment and minas trials) and you're not going to like them all, but that dosn't mean insult them. Maybe they weren't made for you, maybe you just dont understand one crucial point. It's a week long, then there will be a new event for you to decide if you love/hate.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am

^ The thing I don't like about the ally system is that people are limited to having their allies online for 1 hour if they're offline. The only reason why I'm not suffering from this anymore is because almost all my allies are hardcore. The ally system doesn't definitely promote casual play.

I'd gladly pay Luna and ally points to keep my lead on for my allies instead of having my device on.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Blargod wrote:
^ The thing I don't like about the ally system is that people are limited to having their allies online for 1 hour if they're offline. The only reason why I'm not suffering from this anymore is because almost all my allies are hardcore. The ally system doesn't definitely promote casual play.

I'd gladly pay Luna and ally points to keep my lead on for my allies instead of having my device on.

It's 2 hours not 1 hours. The game system cannot post minutes and hours together. It only posts either hours or minutes, one or the other, not both.

Due to this, 2 hours becomes 1 hour rather than 1h 59m. Anything below 1 hour the minutes are listed. Retested this just right now.

predator852 wrote:
Yeah I'm fond of training events because they dont glue me t my phone 10 minutes at a time, Mainly, when I sleep at night I can wake up every hour, fill my quene w/bosses and then fall asleep and let them flee so the next day they'll all be low level again. And I can even manage to play in class.

Fantasica does a lot of things right, although I hate to admit it. Let's look at the 4 core event types. They each fall into one of two categories:

Tower Event(Amazon Forest)/PvP Event (Den of Sin): These two events are very dynamic. They offer the casual player something to grind and gain as they please, and really, the more you do the more you get. For the more hardcore players high ranks give great event rewards, and in the case of the PvP the biggest spenders can come out in an extremely favorable position like LeExcellen recently did when he took 2 Marybells. Also, because they are on 10 minute times, a free player who dedicates a week of their life in this game can snag a top position, because everyone cant play every 10 minutes.

Ticket Event (FoA2)/ Training Event (Soul Hunters): These events are geared toward rewarding those who spend excessivly. Yeah, for free players there isn't really much there for them. But for paying players it is really easy to excell in one of these events without doing too much work, as long as you have the wallet for it. And face it, some games that are free to play never give free players chances to prosper, so the fact that Fanta gives free players the tower and PvP event is already generous.

Also, the game does a pretty good job of always offering a new expierience. A new event EVERY WEEK??? That's something few other mobile games can boast.

On top of all that, there's the uniquity. All trading card games are the same. RoB, Marvel War of Hero's, even Urban Rivals (a game that I admit I love, and have mentioned on multiple occasions that there are things each of these games can learn from eachother) have too many similarites for me. Fanta adds the Tower Defense formula, something that I believe is genius in of itself. Also, the unique spins they put on the gameplay to make events is very well thought out.

Finally, I would like to address the ally system. Honestly, I believe this is the best group mechanic I've seen in a mobile game. It is the alternative to the Guild/order etc. componant that i for one believe is very binding. With the ally system everyone's team is unique. No matter who you are, you are the leader of the people you rely on to help you excel. Don't like one ally? Drop him! You don't need to ask your guild leader, there's no clearance nessasary, and you don't have to micromanage a group of people to get the best for your gameplay. Because the honest truth is, if you can find 30 people that play all the time and are self sufficent, the 30 people that make up your personal "order" will support you without trying.

These are a few reasons that I choose not to attack Fanta everytime something goes wrong. Because as money hungry as it is, it is a game that is a welcome change from the regular mobile and console game scene. This game has kept my attention since late August. That puts it on a tier with Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Diablo 2 for me. Because the truth is no other game (and I've played a lot) has been able to keep my attention for more than 2 months.

This is the second time you beat me to the punch on posting something. I was JUST thinking about posting the event types, and who they favor, etc after reading all the posts in the current event thread.

Are you sure you're not me in disguise? Smile

Last edited by BkWiz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Oh is it? Nice to know that. I thought it had something to do with people running the game on the background of their phones but I guess I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raise your hand if you hate this event
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next