Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Card speeds & usefulness

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
louischanks

Card speeds & usefulness Empty
PostSubject: Card speeds & usefulness   Card speeds & usefulness I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:28 pm

I know card speeds are important in events and speeds A & S are valued more than others. What I want to know is, what is the percentage difference between them? IE. S to A To B to C to D to E?

And what is it about Area attack skill D is better than knockback skill D? And all D magic are useless in arena? I've heard all these, but don't really understand what they mean.

Are all D speeds really that bad? I've lots of them and they happen to be magic:(
Back to top Go down
ZucchiniQueen
☆☆
ZucchiniQueen

PostSubject: Re: Card speeds & usefulness   Card speeds & usefulness I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:03 pm

louischanks wrote:
I know card speeds are important in events and speeds A & S are valued more than others. What I want to know is, what is the percentage difference between them? IE. S to A To B to C to D to E?

And what is it about Area attack skill D is better than knockback skill D? And all D magic  are useless in arena? I've heard all these, but don't really understand what they mean.

Are all D speeds really that bad? I've lots of them and they happen to be magic:(

I can't answer your first question, but I can answer the 2nd and last. D speed area attack is useful because of the damage output it is able to deal. Unlike other units, Reve can easily take out about 75% or more of a teams health in Colosseum if she procs her skill.

Mages are not the best to use in arena simply because most of the are D speed, and if they aren't, they are probably 25-30 DC which could be used somewhere else. Like Eurydike,Manfred ect (who hit faster and with same power). D speed units that ARENT area attack aren't as effective because their damage won't make up for the time it takes them to hit.

But even though some cards are more useful than others, a team with 5 charles and a Large event item in use can destroy any other team.
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Card speeds & usefulness   Card speeds & usefulness I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:50 am

louischanks wrote:

And what is it about Area attack skill D is better than knockback skill D? And all D magic  are useless in arena? I've heard all these, but don't really understand what they mean.

We don't have all the data yet, but if you look at the units page in the fantasica wiki:
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/6_Star_Units
you can see a speed delay column.
For most missile units, you add a 0.3 to that and for most mage units, you add a 0.5 to that.(melee is just that speed)
There are exceptions, for example, Magnus only adds 0.4, and Ibiza a 0.3, but both are mage.(and that is why they are so fast compared to other mages)
That number added is the projectile time which it travels to its target.(so you can test this number by fighting event bosses)
That is what they use for the alphabet.
I don't really remember, but it seems like S speed is anything less than 0.3, and A is less than 0.4, can't remember the rest, but you can kinda figure it out yourself with this formula.(too tired to do that for now)
Since mages have an disadvantage of +0.5 to begin with, they usually only have a D speed.
This number is also used in colo and BA to determine who go first, and thus the melee units almost always goes first.

The real problem is that there is also an animation delay during quests, so the B speed melee might not really be faster than the D speed mages when you are in quests.(an example is Paris VS Monica) You can check this here:
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t1932-dps-tables-massive-update-in-progress
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Card speeds & usefulness   Card speeds & usefulness I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 am

also letter speeds represent a numeric range and this is really important in colo events. for instance B speed represents .35 - .5 or there abouts. both Barbra and Zane are B speed slow 5* units, Zane has a speed rating of .35, barbra is .45, so in an arena Zane will go before Barbra. This is really important because they both have the same skills but if Zane goes first and procs his slow it will bump the rest of the other team down.
i believe that these speed rating numbers come from the Chinese wiki.
like mentioned above these speed ratings only really matter in arena and colo events as all others take into account attack animations.

edit to say when you face minas trials where the inf ex is all ghosts you will love your AA D speed mage
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Card speeds & usefulness   Card speeds & usefulness I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
also letter speeds represent a numeric range and this is really important in colo events. for instance B speed represents .35 - .5 or there abouts. both Barbra and Zane are B speed slow 5* units, Zane has a speed rating of .35, barbra is .45, so in an arena Zane will go before Barbra. This is really important because they both have the same skills but if Zane goes first and procs his slow it will bump the rest of the other team down.
i believe that these speed rating numbers come from the Chinese wiki.
like mentioned above these speed ratings only really matter in arena and colo events as all others take into account attack animations.

edit to say when you face minas trials where the inf ex is all ghosts you will love your AA D speed mage

Chinese wiki:
http://zh.fantasica.wikia.com/wiki/%E6%98%9F%E7%81%B5%E5%88%97%E8%A1%A8

And this thread in the Simplified Chinese version forum:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2210916631
gives speed for 4~6*s, and column with JJC is the speed in colo.
To be more specific, the column on the left of the light blue column is the speed delay, the light blue column is the projectile delay, the column on the right of that which labels as JJC is the actual colo speed.
It is listed by colo speed, which is very good to see if your unit is fast enough or not.

which also contained this data for the letter:
0.2 or below is S
0.25-0.3 is A
0.3-0.5 is B
0.55-0.8 is C
0.85-1.2 is D
1.2 or above is E

Oh, and in the case of having the same speed, the higher you place the card in your team wins. (leader also have speed demon skill bonus) And attacker's advantage.

So let's say, if both of you have Charles, you place him in the second position, and you opponent placed it in the third, your Charles will go first.
If both of you place Charles in the 2nd position, and you are the one who initiated the attack, your Charles will also go first.
But if your Charles is in the 5th position but your opponent have it in 4th, even if you are the attacker, you will be attacked first.

And Event units seems to have a straight -0.2 speed boost for all rarity.
Back to top Go down
meximan1390
☆☆☆☆
meximan1390

PostSubject: Re: Card speeds & usefulness   Card speeds & usefulness I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:16 pm

MythSearcher wrote:

0.2 or below is S
0.25-0.3 is A
0.3-0.5 is B
0.55-0.8 is C
0.85-1.2 is D
1.2 or above is E

These values are only accurate when referring to melee units. For example a .4 for melee would be B speed but for magic it would be C speed.

In arena the speed letter grade is used before the numerical speed value to determine order. My Delfina is C speed with a .7 value but will still go before Monica who has a .45 value because she is D speed.

The reason why there is a difference between the different unit types is because the speed letter grade also takes into account how long either the missile unit projectiles or magic unit "magic balls" take to reach the target.
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Card speeds & usefulness   Card speeds & usefulness I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:09 pm

meximan1390 wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:

0.2 or below is S
0.25-0.3 is A
0.3-0.5 is B
0.55-0.8 is C
0.85-1.2 is D
1.2 or above is E

These values are only accurate when referring to melee units. For example a .4 for melee would be B speed but for magic it would be C speed.

In arena the speed letter grade is used before the numerical speed value to determine order. My Delfina is C speed with a .7 value but will still go before Monica who has a .45 value because she is D speed.

The reason why there is a difference between the different unit types is because the speed letter grade also takes into account how long either the missile unit projectiles or magic unit "magic balls" take to reach the target.

Please read the above posts I made, I make it clear that you need to add in the projectile speed up there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card speeds & usefulness   Card speeds & usefulness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card speeds & usefulness
Page 1 of 1