Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????

Go down 
+4
SwordArtist
retrospectc4
memphiskite
zTrace
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zTrace

zTrace

TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? Empty
PostSubject: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 am

So Prices of TE used to be around 30-50k, and during events highest you would see is 80k
Now prices are around 90~120k, and im sure in events its going to spike to at least 150k+.

So my question is WHY do people want 300TE+ for the same card??? people have to realize TE's have gotten more expensive and the new prices should be cut by more than half. I've seen a lot of shops and people still want 200+TE for a lvl1[Insert mediocre 5*]... Its just crazy. Mad Most max 5* should be around[110TE~ish] and not maxed maybe around [55TE~ish]
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:20 am

Most people are just plain greedy - it's as simple as that.

Even I am a totally greedy person. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
retrospectc4

retrospectc4

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 am

It seems that the 5*/6* cards are perfectly elastic goods!
A large change in price of TEs does not affect the demand for TEs by much. Since TEs are substitute goods for those cards, the demand for 5*/6* cards will also not change much.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]
SwordArtist

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 am

I can't help but feel the need to assert my perspective as I have a thing for economic philosophy/theories. ^_*

At a glance, I would say that we our currently undergoing, a classic case of stagflation.

Stagflation here, as in any real world currency, must consist of 3 things. A high rate of inflation(check), a high rate of unemployment(?), & economic scarcity(check?). We must find & identify the associations between them, and actual market forces/conditions/influences within the game.

First, allow me to state the obvious incursion of the 1st pre-condition, "High Inflation".

Due to this "first"(at least for U.S. & EU Players) Black Dragon Tower's ranking competitiveness, most TE reserves average players had been saving for nice 5/6* cards depleted, bringing prices up. The perceived rewards for this event, were undeniably alluring to many players. I regret doing so, but I spread some information among friends walls, that leapt like wildfire. Whether it was true or not, a vast majority of player's who could afford to do so, started buying up as much TE as possible in the hope of attaining the rarest card in the world of Fantasica.. the 6* Black Dragon. A card that was said to only be given to the top 3 ranked players in JP.. A lot of people think, oh yeah right, top 3 impossible! .. But of course, once the event launched, rank rewards were posted, and people shouted to all allies "the top 10 player's get it"!!

A glimmer of hope!! .... And hence, the inflammatory "1st" stampede began.

The second precondition.. "High Unemployment". DISSATISFACTION

What might it mean here, to us player's in this TCG/TDefense realm of Fantasica? Well, currency is generated through one of either two ways, goods/accumulation of resources or services/quests etc... TE being the currency of primary concern, let us ponder the ways in which this now rare resource is/has been acquired. As we all know, there are two kinds of players in Fantasica, those who buy Mobage coins, and those who don't..

Dissatisfaction with the outcome of rank during the event, led many players to quit.. Unfortunately, we can only make observational assertions as we do not have that data. They may have left the game with 100's or even thousands of TE.. we will never know. Others paying players who did not quit, but whom were still dissatisfied, may have temporarily withdrawn and are currently awaiting the announcement of the next event to decide what to do with their stash of TE.. Or whether it's worth it to even buy more.

Entirely free playing non-paying players, once relied entirely on Daily Login Bonuses to earn TE.. Which only arrived once every 4-5 days. Those are now marked with a (P) and remain non-tradeable. Mobage helped to boost the unemployment level so-to-speak, here..(If their job was logging/clocking in).

For them, this was the equivalent to state-sponsored welfare, having been barely enough to get by, simply cut-off.. and during a time of crisis, not during an event with lots of TE rewards. They didn't get much to begin with.. But they saved, and they bought!!! Now they can't. Events have been a huge source of TE if you played your cards right. But the tower gave far fewer TE albeit, 3 at a time at times, to individuals then did the VC 4 instance.

And third. SCARCITY!! Mis-allocation of resources!!

We must also consider, many players have 5/6* cards who never did before.. Sonia for instance, a decent mid tier 5* area of attack card with a C rank speed.. What did people do to get her? NOTHING.. Well, clear floor 100 but that was so easy many NOOBS did.. TE was then unquestioningly used for currency(as it was still being coveted) to purchase LSS, from individuals who already had really good 5/6* cards, and either A. Sold off Sonia M Early before price dropped substantially(I did this, sold Sonia M for 90 TE right after I got her) or B., recruited her immediately as they held the golden knowledge of recruitment ratios.. Which is equivalent to 0% loss ratio. The reason these individuals asked for TE was to replenish their lost reserves..

Many noobs wished 2 recruit Sonia immediately, in hopes of jumping the ladder, as we all do at times.. And so with that in mind, I dub this the deflamatory "2nd"stampede.

Many people were unknowledgeable of how to use them efficiently, so many people got really pissed when they lost 4 at a time attempting to rec. Sonia. What they failed to realize, is that 4 LSS on her, a 5*, has only a 12% conversion rate.. in this way, probably over half of all TE earned was flushed away. Ignorance in this case, was one of the final deadly blows that caused the current unbalance of the TE trade.

There are other things, but for the sake of both your & my time...

We are now 600 strong, unsurprisingly, a powerful yet untapped economic force in the realm of Fantasica. Now is the time we must weave our minds together, find solutions to avoid similar volatile market states.. It's not about control, because we can't really do that, and even if we could it wouldn't be right..

It's about the inherent balance, logic, reason, and responsibility demanded by any free-market system.

I say we form a new Fantasica club, one similar to that which Crowex described recently. Except this one won't be about video games, anime, or weed.. it will be economical!

A club that's goal will be to develop insight into the economic workings of the Fantasica market, and seek to better balance it for all by setting recommended guidelines for different market/event situations.

"Mission Statement" Draft 1[feel free to adapt it] Wink

We believe..

Each "event", undoubtedly shapes the market..

Eventually, these events WILL repeat, and WE should be ready for them!!

Let us found the "Unofficial Fantasica Forum" Monetary Policy Advisory Club!!

MPAC for short!!

All in support of the measure Aye, against, neigh lol!

Thanks for bearing with me LOL cheers .... Sleep ?? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am

hahahahahahaha oh my god someone is busy studying their econ right now, I can see lol!
Back to top Go down
MiyamaMizuki

MiyamaMizuki

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 pm

retrospectc4 wrote:
It seems that the 5*/6* cards are perfectly elastic goods!
A large change in price of TEs does not affect the demand for TEs by much. Since TEs are substitute goods for those cards, the demand for 5*/6* cards will also not change much.
Very Happy
Good application of economic theory XD

And SwordArtist, your analysis is impressive.
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 pm

The biggest problem with all of this is that as TE supply drops and TEs become the new de facto currency, Luna becomes more devalued by the second, both as a currency in and of itself and as a medium with which to obtain TEs. I'm finding it harder and harder to buy elixirs at ANY price, even an inflated one.

Want to conduct a fun experiment? Post "Buying 5*s or TEs, have 6 million luna" on someone's Rare Card board. Watch the offers pour in. Watch the looks of horror on their faces as they realize you _meant_ 6 million luna, not 6 million + (x * 100) TEs. I'm not sure whether I'm shopping or trolling doing this, but it's entertaining.

Back to top Go down
zTrace

zTrace

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:29 pm

WOW, AMAZING ANALYSIS... although hasn't the inflation dropped? (you can tell with the prices of TE's) Although I know 5* are still considered somewhat rare, shouldn't the prices decreased a little?? You even said with the new impact of Sonias( a decent 5*) the need of a 5* should have dropped at least somewhat right???

Last edited by zTrace on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor Spelling Error)
Back to top Go down
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]
SwordArtist

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:27 am

zTrace wrote:
WOW, AMAZING ANALYSIS... although hasn't the inflation dropped? (you can tell with the prices of TE's) Although I know 5* are still considered somewhat rare, shouldn't the prices decreased a little?? You even said with the new impact of Sonias( a decent 5*) the need of a 5* should have dropped at least somewhat right???

Perceived TE prices may have dropped, as people are now asking for lower priced deals on the (60-85K), but the reality remains that the actual supply in circulation is significantly reduced from even a few days ago. The promise of a new event with a rejuvenated source of TE supply, will be the only way to re-stabilize the market..

Either that or better TE/MobageCoin rates which you know will never happen.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
Yimikoo
Terror of the End [Rare]
Yimikoo

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 am

Bwahahahaha, oh Sword Artist, that was quite entertaining and very informative!! I enjoyed reading it all!! ^___^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????   TE Deflation, yet prices are the same????? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TE Deflation, yet prices are the same?????
Page 1 of 1