Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android

Go down 
+6
Mia-San
bsastor
CP_Cranfill
Bobkyou
defective1412
Kadaan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android Empty
PostSubject: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Step 1: Download this file: http://fantasicawiki.com/img/comm_btn_basic.png (it's a transparent image, so right-click save-as instead of clicking the link.)
Step 2: Copy the image to your device if you downloaded it to your PC.
Step 3: Use a file explorer app (like ES File Explorer) and make sure you have "Settings->Display Settings->Show hidden files" turned on.
Step 4: Move the image file to the following folder and replace the existing file:
Code:
/sdcard
  /Android
    /data
      /com.mobage.ww.a793.fanta_test_Android
        /cache
          /.ngmoco
            /db4d5a417b0767e6bbdfe4f5e292de99
              /Assets
                /Images
                  /comm_btn_basic.png

Violà!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
defective1412

defective1412

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:25 pm

does this really happen? how long does it take to happen? i grind constantly last event for Ombre and my galaxy note II is still ok. I have to grind more again for this current event
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:26 pm

I've honestly only heard a couple people complain they could notice it, but I haven't experienced it myself.

Grinding for 12-18 hours per day for weeks on end with a high-contrast white/blue logo in the corner just seems like a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
Bobkyou
☆☆☆
Bobkyou

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Issues like this come down to the quality of your phone's screen and the fact that LCDs are more sensitive to burn in for the first ~100 hours of usage.

Personally I wouldn't use something like this, if fantasica were to run an md5 check on the files of your phone, they might think you've modified the game (which you have) and accuse you of hacking.

Most burn in on modern screens can be cleared up by playing random images for a few hours anyways, you can find video files specifically designed to change pictures often in an attempt to clear up burn in.
Back to top Go down
CP_Cranfill

CP_Cranfill

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:56 pm

I have mobage burn and deploy unit / ally tabs burned as well.  Shoot too much grinding.
Back to top Go down
bsastor

bsastor

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 am

shoot... will this make my game illegal?
paid much cash in to this game. didn't wanna be treated like a cheater...
Back to top Go down
Mia-San
☆☆
Mia-San

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:39 pm

I don't think I have this problem... Well I THINK I don't have...
Could someone send me a picture of his/her phone where it is actually burned in? I'm not sure how clear it is, so could you show me a example?
Back to top Go down
Cha0s-IX

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 pm

I have a Galaxy Note II and am starting to see the Mobage logo in the top left corner under very certain conditions now. I am sooo glad I found this thread and thanks to Kadaan for posting this walkthrough. I have been playing on this phone since May and just noticed the burn in yesterday when the screen is certain colors (purple/violet like color in this case). It was faint, but noticeable.

I read other threads from a Google search for general screen burn in. If you have an LCD or LED screen, it shouldn't be a problem. Since the Note II is an AMOLED, it is possible for this to happen as it has been found that the blue pixels can sorta burn out quicker than the other color pixels (note: I'm paraphrasing from the other forums so I might miss details here or there), or something to that effect. If I remember correctly, it's not exactly screen burn in, but it's similar. Since the Mobage image is just blue and white, it will be using those pixels as long as the screen is displaying it.

The main issue for me is that this game prevents the screen from automatically turning off. I often play and grind while at work and can forget the game is on and it just sits there, with the screen on. I am truly hoping this does not become an issue with Mobage as attempted cheating as it is only an image file that was changed, but the point Bobkyou made is valid. If they do make an issue of this, I will try and appeal my cause and maybe they can do something to remedy this possible screen issue in the future.

In the mean time, I have changed it to the transparent image to prevent any further damage to my screen. Again, thanks to Kadaan and also the points made by Bobkyou. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Arballest
☆☆
Arballest

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:12 am

thx Kadaan it's really helpful ^^
Back to top Go down
pstx77

pstx77

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:41 am

Thanks from me too. I have been playing for a few months and just noticed the beginnings of burn-in yesterday. Time to take action, for the sake of my poor S2!
Back to top Go down
kia7176

kia7176

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:35 am

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone knows where the location of the new mobage icon is with the new android update. I replaced what I thought was it, comm_btn_basic_down.png, as it was the closest in name and image with no luck. I'd really rather not stare at that eye sore so if anyone knows let us all know ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android   Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screen Burn and You: How to Remove the Mobage Logo on Android
Page 1 of 1