Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

The Automotive Thread

Go down 
+2
supremeJD
sd240sx
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

The Automotive Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:14 am

PuYang wrote:
ohhh I see. Sweet, impreza family ;D

Sakura LOL... my car looks super Canadian there xD

yeah half of the cars in alaska are probably subies. you from canada? prolly the same over there huh?
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 am

Yeah Canada. we have a bunch of... everything kinda LOL.

Where I live, there are a BUNCH of BMW, Benz, Audis, Porsches. Basically, when you see one of those on the road its not a head turner at all. Go down town and Lambo/Ferraris won't really turn your head either. Not COMMON, but see 1 every day lol.

Imprezas are quite common here (Along with WRX/STI), since it snows here ~4 to 5 months a year, and the AWD is helpful.

Since we were talking our age yesterday; I'll tell you that a LARGE portion of those luxury car drivers here are between the ages of 16-20 LOL... le sigh.
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:32 pm

PuYang wrote:

Where I live, there are a BUNCH of BMW, Benz, Audis, Porsches. Basically, when you see one of those on the road its not a head turner at all. Go down town and Lambo/Ferraris won't really turn your head either. Not COMMON, but see 1 every day lol.

Imprezas are quite common here (Along with WRX/STI), since it snows here ~4 to 5 months a year, and the AWD is helpful.

Since we were talking our age yesterday; I'll tell you that a LARGE portion of those luxury car drivers here are between the ages of 16-20 LOL... le sigh.

holy fawk dude. i bet they are the children of super super rich asian parents Laughing

we have a few bmw, benz, audis, and porsches here too surprisingly. my friend drives an e46 m3. i only ever seen lambos and ferraris down south tho, and only in vegas.
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:01 pm

supremeJD wrote:
PuYang wrote:

holy fawk dude. i bet they are the children of super super rich asian parents Laughing

we have a few bmw, benz, audis, and porsches here too surprisingly. my friend drives an e46 m3. i only ever seen lambos and ferraris down south tho, and only in vegas.

How'd you know they were asian! its true, but I didn't want to say it LOL...

Normally I don't care, but they tend to be reckless drivers (tons of street racing here), and some of them don't even have a license.
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:26 pm

PuYang wrote:

Normally I don't care, but they tend to be reckless drivers (tons of street racing here), and some of them don't even have a license.

people always say that there's a place in canada with all the fine asian hunnies. i think it was vancouver. so whenever i think of rich people from canada i think of asians for some reason Laughing
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm

supremeJD wrote:
PuYang wrote:

people always say that there's a place in canada with all the fine asian hunnies. i think it was vancouver. so whenever i think of rich people from canada i think of asians for some reason Laughing

LOL, well, you heard right ;D

Didn't know Vancouver was "known" for that anywhere aside from vancouver itself lol.
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 pm

PuYang wrote:
supremeJD wrote:
PuYang wrote:

LOL, well, you heard right ;D

Didn't know Vancouver was "known" for that anywhere aside from vancouver itself lol.

yeah dude and i heard they all wear those super expensive canada goose jackets LOL
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 pm

I have been to Vancouver and was surprised at the number of super cars I saw as I walked around. All I want is a nismo r-34 gtr...

Will get some pics of my car at some point
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Yeah my car finally passed emissions. Now I need to get a fuel issue worked out and my front axle changed out. The ps system is a sieve which is why the axle needs to be changed out. Someday this car will be done...
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 4:08 pm

and then PICS! lol

http://machinezealots.blogspot.ca/2013/06/june-15-autox.html

Above is some pics of our AutoX on Saturday. My brother raced, I was passenger for a few times, and then stood outside to take photos for him. His is the black STI, and there was a woman driving a silver STI (also hawkeye).

Yes, thats me in his STI during break time with badass shades LOL. It was SUUUUPER hot out, and I was all slouched inside his car (too sweaty and hot and tired).
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:03 pm

PuYang wrote:
and then PICS! lol

http://machinezealots.blogspot.ca/2013/06/june-15-autox.html

Above is some pics of our AutoX on Saturday. My brother raced, I was passenger for a few times, and then stood outside to take photos for him. His is the black STI, and there was a woman driving a silver STI (also hawkeye).

Yes, thats me in his STI during break time with badass shades LOL. It was SUUUUPER hot out, and I was all slouched inside his car (too sweaty and hot and tired).

Hahah sup Yang! Damn I'm mad jelly that you guys have an autox scene there ;_;

I probably can't drive for shoot compared to anyone who has done autox but it seems like it'd be a fun hobby.

Anyway, ran into someone at work who also has a white 2013 STi, but of the hatchback variant. Here's a shot:

The Automotive Thread - Page 2 4066b1e0dd3211e2a0d822000a1f9a12_7
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Lovely! that guy needs red-out tails lol xD

I'll be AutoXing (new word ;D LOL) in September. me and my bro join a "Corvette Club" for these events. The guys are really nice and corvettes seem to be easier to compete with around the corners than the other club (Porsche Club).

Its tough though, since these events are organized by enthusiasts and they need to use their connections/pull to be allowed to use the area. Alot of surrounding homes complain about noise level etc, which is risky for us who want to race there.

Aside from loud exhausts, the surrounding neighborhood hate tire squeal the most. This will prove difficult for me, since I am running all-season tires only... If I'm gonna have to limit my squealing, I'll probably only get to go at like.. 30mph LOL.... T_________T
Back to top Go down
blake11189

blake11189

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah.... I don't really fit in. I drive a truck Razz
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:41 am

blake11189 wrote:

LOL WHOAAAA! you're the 4th? Person here! lol

Trucks are cars too ;D if you love cars, trucks, bikes, etc etc~ all good here lol.

should be renamed to AUTOMOTIVE chat ;p
Back to top Go down
blake11189

blake11189

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:35 pm

PuYang wrote:
blake11189 wrote:

LOL WHOAAAA! you're the 4th? Person here! lol

Trucks are cars too ;D if you love cars, trucks, bikes, etc etc~ all good here lol.

should be renamed to AUTOMOTIVE chat ;p

I was referring to fitting in with the people prior to my post all driving small cars.
Back to top Go down
nightmarejin

nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:02 pm

I have a 2007 Scion tC >_>
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:57 pm

lol, scion tC is cool ;D!

I stalled today... Came home from Church and went up to a KFC near my house to grab lunch with my bro. As I pulled into the parking lot, looking around I had my foot on the clutch in neutral. Then found a spot I wanted and put it into first and started to lift my clutch foot, and aksdhaksdjhaslkd stalled.

Weird thing is, I was gassing it slightly too, and the car was moving slowly (wasn't completely stopped). WHY STALL T____T

always facepalm when I stall lol
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Thread name changed. Sorry for the lack of pis. I am really slow. If anyone is interested in autox check out BMWCCA which is a BMW club. I raced with them and everyone is super friendly and the cost is super reasonable.

With my 240sx, stock ka24e (single cam), and only coil overs, strut bar and under body brace I was on par with e36 m3s Cool 
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Ok, here is a pic of autox in my old integra

The Automotive Thread - Page 2 Sdbmccaautox2007030319skk7

Here are 2 pics from a head rebuild
The Automotive Thread - Page 2 P0zl
The Automotive Thread - Page 2 Kmt5
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:34 pm

thought this thread got deleted lol. searched the first few threads for "car" Laughing

Clean Teg SD, I cant tell since I'm remoted into my home computer from work (it washes out the colors a bit to reduce bandwidth) but is that Championship White? I love that color hnnnngh.

Lol Puyang, dat feel when you stall after driving manual for years. I probably stalled at least 50 times the first week of driving my STi because it was the first time I ever drove a new manual car x_x

Anyway, friend got a BRZ. Such a clean car. They are growing on my pretty fast.

The Automotive Thread - Page 2 E5a22bb8e83f11e2854522000a1f9e45_7
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:18 am

BRZ > FRS. I used to like FRS more, but that "LIP" molded into the bumper on BRZ looks so cool for some reason lol. I also am a bigger fan of Subaru than Toyota/SCION...

STI Clutch is much stiffer and bites so much harder, so stalling it is far less embarrassing than me stalling on the soft Buttery clutch of GTI lol. (good left leg workout LOL)

SD, is that GSR? most white teggies I see are TypeR. White is so rare for non TypeR where I live.

thats the thing I love about AutoX, power isnt everything. (still kinda depends on track design though). My bro DESTROYED a FRS at AutoX in his STI. I think tires played a big role there, even though the guy bought summers (I hear stalk tires on them suck?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Automotive Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2