Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

The Automotive Thread

Go down 
+2
supremeJD
sd240sx
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sd240sx
☆☆

The Automotive Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:39 pm

It seems like there are quite a few member that are interested in cars and work on or modify their own. So, I decided to create a card thread to talk about our interests and break up the monotony of grinding.

To start it off I have a 90 240sx hatch with a 2.4 dual cam swap. Here is a current list of my mods:
JIC FLTA2s, tanabe underbody brace, JIC RUCAs, JIC traction rods, JIC rear strut bar
Built ka24de: Eagle rods, JE pistons 9:1, APR main & head studs, beck & arnley bearings, felpro gasket kit, N62 MAF, dual exhaust cam setup, AFC Neo, Innovate MXT-L wideband

I auto crossed in San Diego and am looking forward to getting it on the track after I get the turbo on it. Hoping for 350whp and 350 torque

Feel free to add your cars, mods, and interests.

Last edited by sd240sx on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Holy crap dude, sounds like that thing is pretty built.

I'm a proud owner of a 2013 STi Sedan. I barely have anything on it right now though. Only an AccessPort and flashed to Stage 1. Going to be ordering a downpipe, TBE, and prolly CAI and get Stage 2 Very Happy

I used to drive a 2003 Bugeye WRX. I miss driving that little thing.
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:58 pm

Aww love the STI my fave is the 05-07(?) with the propeller front end. Love the warble of the boxster engine.

Considering getting a brz/frs in the next couple years. Have to get out of school first...
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:01 pm

sd240sx wrote:
Aww love the STI my fave is the 05-07(?) with the propeller front end. Love the warble of the boxster engine.

Considering getting a brz/frs in the next couple years. Have to get out of school first...

The Subie Rumble is so nice <3

My friend has a BRZ on the way. Supposed to arrive late June. They are such nice cars, I'd get one if I didn't have an STi already xD
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:02 pm

^I love BugEye!! too bad they didn't bring STI versions to North America.
Do CAI help much on STI? my bro isn't going to bother getting CAI for his 06 because its proven to gain very little. He's also on COBB stage1, hes planning to go stage2 with TBE this summer or next.

Most people in my area build 240s as drift cars... (yet not many of them actually drift lol).

I just changed my oil/filter for my 2012 GTI 2 days ago. Basically all stock right now, with a Audi A3/A1/A3 S-Line shift knob though ;D

Just purchased a racing helmet today, spent just over 300 bucks (Staying cheap for now). Plan to AutoX in June ;D Will be "competing" with Corvettes LOL
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:10 pm

PuYang wrote:
^I love BugEye!! too bad they didn't bring STI versions to North America.
Do CAI help much on STI? my bro isn't going to bother getting CAI for his 06 because its proven to gain very little. He's also on COBB stage1, hes planning to go stage2 with TBE this summer or next.

Most people in my area build 240s as drift cars... (yet not many of them actually drift lol).

I just changed my oil/filter for my 2012 GTI 2 days ago. Basically all stock right now, with a Audi A3/A1/A3 S-Line shift knob though ;D

Just purchased a racing helmet today, spent just over 300 bucks (Staying cheap for now). Plan to AutoX in June ;D Will be "competing" with Corvettes LOL

CAI doesn't really help, but the AEM Wrinkle Red CAI just looks so good. The gains are minimal though Laughing

I love Bugeye the most, even more than my 2013! Sounds like your brother and I have the same plans xD

I wish I could autocross. There's no scene like that where I live in Alaska Sad
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Alaska!! O___O

yeah, he had his STI for about 2 years now. Went stage 1 a few months in lol. We have a youtube channel/blog/facebook if you want to check out (if you're bored).

You can search "Machine Zealots" on youtube lol.

I really want TBE for my GTI too, but going to stage2 may require a new clutch. The stock clutch on GTI are crap.

I'll be Auto crossing with my stock all season tires (which are SOOOO horrible) ;D
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:21 pm

PuYang wrote:
Alaska!! O___O

yeah, he had his STI for about 2 years now. Went stage 1 a few months in lol. We have a youtube channel/blog/facebook if you want to check out (if you're bored).

You can search "Machine Zealots" on youtube lol.

I really want TBE for my GTI too, but going to stage2 may require a new clutch. The stock clutch on GTI are crap.

I'll be Auto crossing with my stock all season tires (which are SOOOO horrible) ;D

Dang dude, autocrossing with all season tires sounds rough! Get some Star Specs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:09 pm

With stock single cam ka24 and suspension mods I was able to keep up with stock e36m3s in autox. Felt very accomplished since I had 100hp less O_o
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:27 pm

sd240sx wrote:
With stock single cam ka24 and suspension mods I was able to keep up with stock e36m3s in autox. Felt very accomplished since I had 100hp less O_o

dang, that's pretty impressive!

here's a pic of the ride soon after i got her (wheels are some generic 5 spoke, had my winter tire set on)

The Automotive Thread 41eddbca1ecd11e2917422000a1fb30b_7

with the bugeye Very Happy

The Automotive Thread 06b093ea86ce11e28c3c22000a1fb85a_7
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Ooh new one is so pretty. Will post a pic of what my car will look like when done when I am on my computer
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:45 pm

White = smexy ;D

Only reason I'm going to AutoX is the fact that power isn't everything ;D I wouldn't be able compete with corvettes at the track.

Random observation, only 3 People on this forum like cars... LOLOL
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Sad thought more people were into cars...
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:27 pm

It's all good, at least there are 3 of us Laughing
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:39 pm

I don't own any car and only ride public transport so I can't really fit in here Laughing
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:03 pm

U can ride public transport and still be into cars. My car has been sitting the last year because I rode my bike and the bus to school
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:48 pm

sd240sx wrote:
U can ride public transport and still be into cars. My car has been sitting the last year because I rode my bike and the bus to school

Car undergoing a huge project or what?
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:59 pm

No, failed emissions test due to missing emissions equipment. I had to put the equipment back on and I moved to a place where it snows so the car is a no go in the winter.

Plus it is much less stressful not driving in 20-30 min of traffic everyday and I save a bunch of $ on gas.

Wish it was a big project such as a turbo install though.
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:01 pm

sd240sx wrote:
No, failed emissions test due to missing emissions equipment. I had to put the equipment back on and I moved to a place where it snows so the car is a no go in the winter.

Plus it is much less stressful not driving in 20-30 min of traffic everyday and I save a bunch of $ on gas.

Wish it was a big project such as a turbo install though.

I see. The cool thing about Alaska is that we don't have to worry about emissions, but there's nowhere to drive Sad
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Vroooom

I park my car outside (no space in garage). And I have rats going into my engine bay >;C!!

Found some poo pellets the other day when I changed the oil/filter. They also left a few walnut? shells.

I think I gotta buy like 10 mouse traps and lay them around my car LOL.

This happened on my previous car too. Old car was 1999 Honda Prelude, and the engine bay had TONS of empty spaces, perfect for rats to nest. They left ALOT of poo everywhere lol. Luckily never had any real damage to the car.

And yes, I drive FWD cars T___T
Back to top Go down
sd240sx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:45 pm

FWD is not bad as long as you are not pushing the car too hard. Had a 95 integra GSR before my 240 that I autoxed and did decently with.

I hate understeer though.
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:08 am

The Automotive Thread 8B81hmR

was really thinkin about taking the bugeye out for a drive today. i really miss the car and i honestly prefer the look of it much more than my sti.

bugeye for life.
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:52 am

OHhhhh you still have the bugeye! Any reason you're keeping 2 cars?

I ask because they are... somewhat similar in terms of use lol.

Heres my GTI (Bone stock basically, only changed shift knob so far lol). And behind is my bro's Hawkeye 06.

WARNING GIANT PIC!
Spoiler:

And below is me and my bro's racing helmets. His is the STIG's helmet in black, mine is some cheaper helmet... HJC

WARNING GIANT PIC!
Spoiler:

Going to Auto Cross for my first time 2 weeks from now I think...
Back to top Go down
supremeJD
☆☆☆
supremeJD

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:30 am

To be honest, the Bugeye isn't mine, it's my Dad's Laughing

it rarely gets any use now tho cuz he bought a truck a couple years back and i got the sti last october

your gti looks clean man and i like that sakura tree setup you guys got goin Laughing

the black hawkeye is sexy as hell too. hngggh.
Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:34 am

ohhh I see. Sweet, impreza family ;D

Sakura LOL... my car looks super Canadian there xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Automotive Thread   The Automotive Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Automotive Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next