Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?

Go down 
+3
Ilyere
bleachcosplay
Tentacle Love
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tentacle Love
☆☆

What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? Empty
PostSubject: What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?   What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm just going by what I feel is fair here, and I'm going to post what I think personally.

1. If you say you want to album a unit of mine I'm assuming flat out that it's a scam, and if you don't offer me something of significantly higher value than my unit, it won't happen. (someone wanted to album a relatively recent 4* from the elves set, one that I had a duplicate of, and offered me a 4* event panel unlock from a previous event as collateral. I felt this qualified)

2. If you sell me ambrosia (I trade you my unit, you use ambrosia, you trade my unit back), You have to offer me a unit of equal value or higher, we trade those units, you use the ambrosia, I trade you your unit plus the TE's agreed upon, and in exchange get my unit back.

I had someone get upset when I refused to trade because I didn't like the collateral (a level 70 trash 5* I already had, in exchange for my second-highest level unit and my favorite). I suspect there's no love lost between us, He's still cool with me and I with him, but...

It made me ask myself: was I being unreasonable? are the TE worth THAT much more than anything else?

So I figured I'd ask you guys since you're more knowledgeable. What IS the general consensus of how to properly handle collateral in trades?
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?   What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:22 am

With what I've seen this game, you should never lend someone a card of yours unless you are comfortable. Never let anyone pressure you into lending or albuming a card. And they should understand this. Whenever I ask someone to help me album, I perfectly understand if they won't, even if they're allies I had for a long time.

Now, I guess you could say that certain situations call for more caution than others. For example, if someone wants to album a 3* or common 4*, you probably don't have to worry about something like album scam or whatever, but regardless, it's your card and if they don't like your demands, they can go to someone else.
Back to top Go down
Ilyere
☆☆☆
Ilyere

PostSubject: Re: What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?   What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:10 am

Ugh, today I've seen two cases of people lending their 6* to an ally for albuming. Both people promptly switched to 1*/2* leads and ran off. This is why collat is important, even between allies!

I agree with you, collat should be equal if not higher. You're being totally reasonable as you want to minimise the chance of you being left in a bad spot. The idea of collat is that if it goes wrong, you can use the TE/sell the units off and get back the unit or its worth.

Ambrosia scams are very common lately.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?   What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:31 pm

bleach and ilyere are correct. You were not in the wrong and should not feel bad about turning down any album or LB service request. You have to be 100% comfortable that if you were stuck with this as a permanent trade, you would be cool with that.
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?   What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Tattycoram wrote:
bleach and ilyere are correct. You were not in the wrong and should not feel bad about turning down any album or LB service request. You have to be 100% comfortable that if you were stuck with this as a permanent trade, you would be cool with that.

That's the general rule: Accept collateral that you'd be willing to keep if your unit(s) is(are) stolen.
I usually ask for equal or higher collat because they're my units and I'm not going to accept a 3rd Alraune for a Patrick albuming xD

I always consider good collat as: Unit(s) which I could sell for cheaper than usual and still get the value I lost. If I'm stuck with some unpopular units (if I end up accepting said collat), I want to sell them for cheaper instead of waiting for someone to buy it at usual market price while having the constant "units are devaluing" problem.
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?   What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:58 am

Easiest way is to make it so that you won't mind it as a normal trade.

Don't think of it as collat, think of it as a normal trade.
If you got a unit you don't like, and it is hard for you to trade back the unit you want, it is highly likely that you will not accept that trade, and thus is not a good enough collat.

collaterals are meant to be used as safe guards, in case of the other party running away with your unit. Thus it is completely normal to try to get what you want.

Of course, you still want to think of this in both ways, if the trade is so well accepted, you might not look like you want to return the card yourself, so you also should think in the other party's shoe.
Back to top Go down
BayushiKira
☆☆☆☆☆☆
BayushiKira

PostSubject: Re: What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?   What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:35 am

Yup, it should be treated as a real trade. So that in the worst case scenario you are still happy with what you have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?   What's the generally accepted policy for collateral? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the generally accepted policy for collateral?
Page 1 of 1