Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?

Go down 
+4
lmnseason
Blargod
The6thToe
Tentacle Love
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tentacle Love
☆☆

Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:09 am

I've got a level 99 character built to destroy Rosemary, the right attack type and high damage versus aquatic, I have a level 100 missile character that does high damage to air, and I'm working on leveling a melee unit with high enough damage versus land and air...

I'm going into fights where my supply of allies is drying up, I am spending hundreds of training points on fighting these herbalists, and I'm still getting anywhere from 80-240 mandragorians (or whatever they're called) from these fights. It's apparent that even if I were to earn 10,000 of these things a day, there's still no physical way that I could attain the 250,000 that I'd need to get Borage.

That being said, I did shell out quite a bit of cash at the beginning of the event thinking I'd be getting a nice enough head start to make this possible. But apparently the difference between paying $1500 for Borage through magic arrows and earning it the hard way is still going to cost about $1499.99.

I mean what is the secret? The number of mandalorians per fight isn't increasing and it's getting harder and harder to maintain any sense of forward progress, I know I'm not sucking completely at this event, I mean I'm still in the top 1000, hovering at the 900 mark and bouncing up and down with no apparent rhyme or reason.

It just looks like I'm going to end up with nowhere near enough of these things to matter.

But you guys have been around for events like this before: Is there a point at which you start to earn more point thingies? Is there a cap on how evil the bosses get? If I were to use this ambrosia, would I have the ability to hit that cap and then casually farm the rest of these points?

There's 6 days left here, I don't think at this point that I could even get Borage through magic arrows - NOBODY's sending requests for assistance or responding to my requests. Even if I were to purchase magic arrows at $50 for ten of them, that's $400, and I'd have to find 80 people to send me a request.

It just feels like I'm doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
The6thToe
☆☆
The6thToe

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:32 am

you're not doing anything wrong. it's just that to really compete, you'll need to have 6* units, 6* allies, lots of pots, and lots of cash. having two of those things would probably be a safe bet. it's just the way training events are set up. either spend money and arrow a lot, or pot continuously to keep finding/fighting bosses if you don't have good 6* units. having really active allies helps but you have should be able to significantly damage bosses at lvl 80+ by yourself if you want to save money and go the more grind-y path, hence why you need 6* units.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:41 am

k.

Just to clarify though, I wasn't intending to compete in the ladder - I just really wanted my first 6* unit, and Borage at first looked attainable for someone who was in my situation.

Yet from the looks of it, it's far easier to hit the ranks of the ladder and get rank reward units from that than it is to get the 250k mandragors.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:39 am

It's not like the 5* rank is powerful (in fact, she's terrible) when converted nor is Borage a particularly powerful 6*
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:58 am

Mandra king is the best!
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:52 am

It's really simple really - sacrificing your whole life.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:57 am

the trick would be to wait for an event that you really understand before putting money into it and then making sure you have the time, te/pots or money to compete.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:59 am

This event is a life destroyer. Thank god for good allies.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:55 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Mandra king is the best!

I do love that guy.

I wish he could be recruitable, so I could have a unit that takes up like 4 squares. hahaha

Thanks everyone for the replies. I might not get what I wanted out of the event, but maybe this means that Borage will be a bit cheaper than other LE's later on down the line.

As a side note, I absolutely love that the event is centered around evil herbalists we have to destroy to save the plants. A vegan's nightmare.

Maybe I'll win the lottery in the next few days, there's still hope!
Back to top Go down
Zerhuu

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Tentacle Love wrote:
k.

Just to clarify though, I wasn't intending to compete in the ladder - I just really wanted my first 6* unit, and Borage at first looked attainable for someone who was in my situation.

Yet from the looks of it, it's far easier to hit the ranks of the ladder and get rank reward units from that than it is to get the 250k mandragors.

If it wasn't the fact that i had a 6* unit to attract 6* allies i would not be so far along. It take some pooling resources ahead of time, trades etc and having strong units/allies for this one. You can also as you say pay your way to borge. Save up for an event where you are better prepared imo!
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:35 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Fanta is a life destroyer. Thank god for good allies.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?   Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there a trick I'm missing to getting Mandragoras?
Page 1 of 1