Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Fanatasica's economy and players

Go down 
+2
myad
lmnseason
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

Fanatasica's economy and players Empty
PostSubject: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:42 pm

So it seems that everyone's just arguing here and there about the economy of how it should be and it shouldn't be. Internet warriors popping out of nowhere here and there.

You guys just be happy with whatever you guys do. I'll probably be distancing my self from the community a bit. I'll just be here as a support to anyone who needs me and I'm not interested of meeting any smartass right now.

Just a heads up to the new players who don't intend to spend a dime. This game has become hell. Just max as many event 4* right now and it will help you get a 5* in the future. The good news is that it's not hard maxing a 4*.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 pm

u need a topic to say that?!? could have just copy-and-paste into the few threads we have talking about this... lolz...

but seriously, everyone is an Economics Professor... Wink
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Free players pretty much have nothing of value when it comes to trading with someone who spends money in the game. The only thing that the free players can sell is their time (i.e. selling feeders). The currency free players acquire (Luna) is completely useless.

Fortunately, the prices for nearly ALL units are dropping in the ONLY currency they are being traded for (TE/Pot), but at the same time, no one is dropping TE/Pots to the free players to even allow them to purchase these deals. So who really nabs these deals? The same people who sell the cards for cheap (the people who spend money in the game), and with the exception of the relatively few lucky veteran free players.

Circulation has stopped. Or rather, circulation is only going between the people who spend money in the game. Free players have nothing of value to offer (and when they do, they usually get Luna offers or face competition with each other and are forced to sell for meager amounts of TE/Pots).

It's not that the people who spend money in the game are greedy and wish to keep all the TE/Pots to themselves, but rather the game itself instills this behavior in every event: You spend money, you get a pretty artwork. If you don't want to spend money at the moment, sell your current cards (for cheap, which is what is happening right now) to other people who do want to spend money. And this just keeps going. The free players can't even place their foot into this exclusive circulation.

Anyone ever played MapleStory in the early days when Cash Shop first opened? People spent money in that game, but at the time, money only got you different colored pixels and didn't affect gameplay at all (totally different now). The free currency (Meso=Luna) was strong and nearly independent of the cash currency (NX=TE/Pot), and when there was trading between those two, both parties were complacent. This is an example of how F2P games should be if you want to target a large audience, but SS most likely does not mind how large the audience is, as long as they are reaching their expected revenue (no point pleasing millions of free players, might as well please the smaller group of people willing to spend money).

Didn't mean to write this much. Just wanted to share my thoughts. This game just attracted the wrong crowd. It was never intended to be an easy game if you decide to never spend money. The free players are killing themselves with market competition and the people spending money only see value in the possessions among themselves.

Economy isn't dead. It just doesn't involve the free players.

What are your opinions?

myad wrote:
u need a topic to say that?!? could have just copy-and-paste into the few threads we have talking about this... lolz...

Does Econ TA count...? :[
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 pm

myad wrote:

There are more than 3 threads talking about this on the game section. lol! Some of them needs to be locked before someone gets hurt... I mean emotionally hurt. haha

Kupo!
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm

but seriously, from all the topics... i like what someone said about TE. TE is like gold. treasured. precious. but not really used as the currency.

occasionally, they may be used in trading. but other times, we should follow real life. use currencies... and in-game currencies could be the cards themselves, event items, etc...
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:31 pm

The next low tier currency are the LE 4* cards. The valuable currency will be LE 5* and 6*. If TE will be brought down to a lower value, soon, Pots will follow. It is up to the players with 6* to decide if the cards are worth trading for m4* and m5*. Right now, if m4* cards are barely worth anything and tradeable TE not available, we will end up with a confused economy rather than economic crash down.

I'm not interested with buying, trading or selling right now but I don't mind watching the market for the next month or few.
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Internet warriors and smartass.... Very Happy

Atm, this game is more like a social/online chatting apps than TCG itself.. at least for me Razz
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Funny, I just pmed one of my allies about how there's too much theory crafting about the game's "economy" going on here on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 pm

I was thinking it might be in the best interest of the community if an old timer who was active the economy would provide an account of the player's history of the game. There are a lot of factors that many newer players don't know about or played through, like the exploits, hacks, and game mechanics changes, that end up affecting the economy. On top of that, when you factor in the time and growing player base component, one would see that the economy has always been evolving and changing. Players want stability in the market, but that's not possible since every event changes it. A history would give great insight and show that the economy isn't as bad as they think.

I would give writing a try, but I am a rubbish writer, started over a month late and wasn't very active in the market for a while after starting. But if someone were to take on this task, I wouldn't mind contributing some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Despoted wrote:
I was thinking it might be in the best interest of the community if an old timer who was active the economy would provide an account of the player's history of the game. There are a lot of factors that many newer players don't know about or played through, like the exploits, hacks, and game mechanics changes, that end up affecting the economy. On top of that, when you factor in the time and growing player base component, one would see that the economy has always been evolving and changing. Players want stability in the market, but that's not possible since every event changes it. A history would give great insight and show that the economy isn't as bad as they think.

I would give writing a try, but I am a rubbish writer, started over a month late and wasn't very active in the market for a while after starting. But if someone were to take on this task, I wouldn't mind contributing some thoughts.

I think it's best to write about it until a full year has passed (late June) even if the date may seem arbitrary. Also, we really don't know how the goddess fruits may affect card prices, which should be out very soon (ironically, no one has mentioned this on those threads).
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am

All the new players today think the know everything but clueless about the few changes in the game since the game started. I also openly admit being one of them when I was new until someone clarified to me what the game was few months before I joined.

All these new players wants to make a change that TE should be changed as a currency. They are not clear about it but it's obvious that they are trying to change that. The problem is that they don't have any solution.

They really want to trade their cards but most veterans have plenty of cards already.
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 am

Selling noods for TE.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 am

wowyogurt wrote:
Selling noods for TE.
Selling noodles and yogurt for TE.
Kupo!
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:42 am

You see, this is what is happening right now. Too many people competing for a currency that is much more useful for its purpose than as currency.

Pretty sure more people will buy my noods though.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:53 am

wowyogurt wrote:
You see, this is what is happening right now. Too many people competing for a currency that is much more useful for its purpose than as currency.

Pretty sure more people will buy my noods though.
I wonder how much TE I would get if I was going to sell you. Don't worry, I'll find a way to get you back after the market crashes again.

If you have lots of noods, maybe we can share and nobody has to sell anybody. Smile
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:02 am

Lol look at this guy trying to hog me.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:12 am

HEDGEHOG!!!!!!!

lol!

Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 pm

lmnseason wrote:
All the new players today think the know everything but clueless about the few changes in the game since the game started. I also openly admit being one of them when I was new until someone clarified to me what the game was few months before I joined.

All these new players wants to make a change that TE should be changed as a currency. They are not clear about it but it's obvious that they are trying to change that. The problem is that they don't have any solution.

They really want to trade their cards but most veterans have plenty of cards already.

Yeah but back then you weren't engaging in verbal diarrhea or mouthing off as if you perfectly understood the game's "economy," which a lot of newer players (and some others) are currently doing.

Last edited by Blargod on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:27 pm

The only diarrhea that I produce comes from my butt.
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 pm

wowyogurt wrote:
The only diarrhea that I produce comes from my butt.

It lefts this hot lingering feeling in the a$$.. :/

I just found some dealer that accept mutliple 4* for max/fresh 5*, now this one lit mai faya again... Smile
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:39 pm

You guys haven't gone to a bar on St. Patrick's day huh? Oral diarrhea in the literal and figurative sense when they're no longer sober and ramble on just before the tide of green darkness is ready to sweep over the floor.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Blargod wrote:
You guys haven't gone to a bar on St. Patrick's day huh? Oral diarrhea in the literal and figurative sense when they're no longer sober and ramble on just before the tide of green darkness is ready to sweep over the floor.
Got green shoes and green polo for that day. Thinking of adding some beer in to it. They should make that day a beer day in every streets and ban all cars... That would be exciting.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Blargod wrote:
Got green shoes and green polo for that day. Thinking of adding some beer in to it. They should make that day a beer day in every streets and ban all cars... That would be exciting.

Planning to dye your hair as well? Some people here also dye their hair green or blue-green. Pretty crazy sometimes.

Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if there was statistical evidence for greater car damages during that day. Also... blood transfusion awareness day before st. Patrick's! lol
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Blargod wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
Blargod wrote:

Planning to dye your hair as well? Some people here also dye their hair green or blue-green. Pretty crazy sometimes.

Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if there was statistical evidence for greater car damages during that day. Also... blood transfusion awareness day before st. Patrick's! lol
Tomorrow is Cancer awareness day in my city... Pink everywhere and buses. I do not intend to join that one. Green is good. The Irish Power Ranger.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Blargod wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
Blargod wrote:

Tomorrow is Cancer awareness day in my city... Pink everywhere and buses. I do not intend to join that one. Green is good. The Irish Power Ranger.

Oh no.. I was joking about the blood transfusion. People do the craziest things to get smashed more quickly. I don't need to since I'm light weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanatasica's economy and players   Fanatasica's economy and players I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fanatasica's economy and players
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next