Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?

Go down 
+6
Nazantia
lmnseason
Soulstalker
sharpyzu
CP_Cranfill
spott96
10 posters
AuthorMessage
spott96

spott96

Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? Empty
PostSubject: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm

While the enhance boost is happening, I thought I would try leveling my 2* unit and then feed to my main unit to see if it would get more experience. I tested first with some fresh 4* and 2* units.

Here is what I did:

4 runs on 36-4 at 630 exp each run

2 with a fresh 4* #1 (Tigris)
2 with a fresh 2* (Bjorn)
Feed the 2* to a different fresh 4* #2 (Antony)

The 4* #1 ended at lvl 6 with 74 exp listed
The 2* ended at lvl 6 with 74 exp listed
The 4* #2 that ate the 2* ended at lvl 8 with 51 exp listed

I think during this event I will be grinding 2* units (since I have a bunch) and then feeding to my main unit to get a little more experience from the time spent. Does this seem reasonable?

Also, I'm curious if anyone thinks this will still be the case after the enhance boost event?

Back to top Go down
CP_Cranfill

CP_Cranfill

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I typically don't grind my feeders you lose experience when you feed them to your main units.
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Your test is missing another variable.

That "eating" the 2* would give more exp is no surprise; you're not just investing the time spent training the 2*, you're also investing a 2* card. The extra exp came from the value of the card.

Thus, to make your experiment valid, you need to control for the amount of bonus of a fresh 2*.

So, get another 4* Antony, and a fresh Bjorn, feed it to antony.

Then you subtract the exp of the second antony from the first one.

If still higher than your Tigris, then you might have something. But I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Soulstalker

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:20 pm

EDIT: Seems like an interesting idea, but I think it'll only work when we have enhancement bonuses during panel events or like now.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 11:43 pm

I just collect the cards then enhance during panel event. For the other time, I just grind my 4* cards because they can be sold for TE. I never enhance unit cards tho. I only enhance monsters because they hold greater value.
Back to top Go down
Nazantia
☆☆
Nazantia

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:11 am

lmnseason wrote:
I just collect the cards then enhance during panel event. For the other time, I just grind my 4* cards because they can be sold for TE. I never enhance unit cards tho. I only enhance monsters because they hold greater value.
This ^

It bugs the crap out of me when people enhance units when they can be leveled in quest spam. You're wasting monster food.
Back to top Go down
ChibiLaharl

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:40 am

but when do monsters do anything? The worst you can lose in battle is 10k
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:46 am

ChibiLaharl wrote:

Monsters can act as our social responsibility towards better future. We deepen each other bond by asking other people to test our def or annoy some random peeps. Thus being said, monsters are inseparable to our fanta life.

wtf did I just write???
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:23 am

Esofonic wrote:
ChibiLaharl wrote:

Monsters can act as our social responsibility towards better future. We deepen each other bond by asking other people to test our def or annoy some random peeps. Thus being said, monsters are inseparable to our fanta life.

wtf did I just write???

...That was beautiful. Lol.

This is an interesting theory. And I believe it does work. I haven't tested it, but we know how the math works with enhancing, and according to that, spott96 is correct.
Even if you accommodate for the 2* bonus that sharpyzu mentioned, it should still work out.
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Upon doing further calculations, I've found out that this method is efficient only for a little while. If you use this method, the best place to stop would be around level 6-10. I'll post calculations on it later.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 am

NO BONUS XP - 1 QUEST RUN
10/10 Valk
No enhancement bonus

1 quest run = 630xp
630xp = lv4
1 x lv4 2* = 990xp when used in enhancement
1 x lv1 2* = 495xp when used in enhancement

lv4 2* = 990xp
Quest 630xp + lv1 2* 495xp = 1125xp

It is better to level the main card through questing and use the lv1 2*
to feed the main card during normal no bonus enhancement xp events.

BONUS XP - 1 QUEST RUN
10/10 Valk
50% enhancement bonus

1 quest run = 630xp
630xp = lv4
1 x lv4 2* = 1485xp when used in enhancement
1 x lv1 2* = 742xp when used in enhancement

lv4 2* = 1485xp
Quest 630xp + lv1 2* 742xp = 1372xp

It is better to level the main card through feeding a 2* leveled by
1 quest run during a panel event with 50% bonus enhancement xp.

The numbers are easy to see. It is a small increase but still worth it.
I agree with lmn and Naz though. There is more te to be gained when
leveling the right monster units through enhancement during panel
events.

OH and anything beyond 1 quest run suffers a loss even with the
bonus 50% enhancement xp:

BONUS XP - 2 QUEST RUN
10/10 Valk
50% enhancement bonus

2 quest run = 1260xp
1260xp = lv6
1 x lv6 2* = 1980xp when used in enhancement
1 x lv1 2* = 742xp when used in enhancement

lv6 2* = 1980xp
Quest 1260xp + lv1 2* 742xp = 2002xp

2 quests + 1 lv1 2* comes out higher than leveling a 2* with two
quests and using it as a feeder.

With 5% type bonus the lv6 2* leveled from questing comes out
just on top making it "worth it" so to speak, but fractional.

lv6 2* = 2079xp
Quest 1260xp + lv1 2* 779xp = 2039xp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?   Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grind 2* Units instead of Main Unit During Enhance Boost?
Page 1 of 1