Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Cross stitching?

Go down 
+2
Roatanhi
mwilkens37
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mwilkens37
☆☆
mwilkens37

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Does anyone do it? I may just be an old lady... I have no actual talent when it comes to drawing, so I love to sew. I plan to mock up a pattern for Chiara, since she was my first 6* card, that... and she's gorgeous! I'm hoping to have something workable to show within a few weeks, but it'll definitely be a project!

Any other needleworkers out there?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Roatanhi
☆☆
Roatanhi

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:52 am

Me, me, me!! I am excited to see a needleworker here! Very Happy I wondered if any members of Sprite Stitch were here but was too shy to ask haha.

I've made a Caym cross-stitch pattern already but haven't stitched it... because I wouldn't know what to do with it. I think it'd make a great keychain or magnet but the sprites make quite large patterns -- it would have to be stitched on Tiny Count fabric. Hardanger would make him about 3.5" tall.

Yay, so happy~! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mwilkens37
☆☆
mwilkens37

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:18 am

I may not be as experienced as you, I'm really just your simple Aida cloth counted cross stitch girl... I'm working on Tifa Lockhart right now, so once that's done I'll be mocking up some Fantasica characters. I was thinking of doing a large portrait-style of Chiara, maybe some others, with their pixelated characters in their various poses all around like a border. Like I said, I'm not terribly experienced... but I definitely wanted to network out there to find someone who is maybe like me!

I'm really glad you replied. Smile
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm

I love this idea.
Please make sure to post photos of the finished product in the future Smile
Back to top Go down
Roatanhi
☆☆
Roatanhi

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 pm

mwilkens37 wrote:
I may not be as experienced as you, I'm really just your simple Aida cloth counted cross stitch girl...
Lol, I'm very much an Aida girl myself but I have started branching out into other things. The highest count I've worked with is 28-count and it drove me nuts stitching over two. I'm pretty happy with hardanger though -- I've stitched FFVII and FFVIII logos on it and it was great to work with!

I love, love, LOVE making patterns. I'm best friends with KG-Chart and use it for everything. XD

I'd love to see your Tifa WIPs~ (or are they on Sprite Stitch -- I haven't been on there in a while due to a whole lot of everything).
Back to top Go down
dancingcrane

dancingcrane

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:54 pm

I did Crosstitch too, but that was a long time ago. I still love it though. Looking forward to seeing your work. I write now for fun, and I'm hoping to be published one day. Feel free to read anything I put up in artwork center, and don't forget to put up pics of your own stuff when you're done.

dancingcrane
6* Abel, ldr
kik: healerhaven
Back to top Go down
CronaRamona
☆☆
CronaRamona

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:07 pm

:O Those sound cool, please post pictures when you are done!
Back to top Go down
mwilkens37
☆☆
mwilkens37

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm

I just started using KG Chart for my Tifa cross-stitch. Sadly, I've been stuck with bad allergies, REALLY bad, lately and haven't wanted to touch any of my pristine sewing stuff. Sad I've never been on sprite stitch, I actually never connected cross-stitching to anything internet related until recently, when I discovered Pixel People, Lord of the Rings designs (the door to Moria in the Misty Mountain is amazing) and of course, KG Chart. I'd been such a traditionalist, using books. One day, I decided to search out Hello Kitty patterns, and BOOM! I became addicted.

So, it's slow going for now, but I may even put Tifa on pause to sew up a few of my fave characters, even if just in their sprite forms... just to get the itch out of the way.

Do a little character picture of all my favorite 5*/6*...

THEN maybe I'll make a Chiara portrait.

Don't hold your breath, though... my allergies are keeping me from so many things, they are out of control... so it may be a little while before I have anything worth showing.

Thank you all so much for your replies! It gives great encouragement to see sewing still in such regard.
Back to top Go down
kev0910

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 am

tried and failed miserably. would love to see a successful cross stitching sample! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cross stitching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cross stitching?   Cross stitching? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cross stitching?
Page 1 of 1