Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
☆☆

Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours Empty
PostSubject: Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours   Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:11 am

Arena battles offer very, very tasty rewards for the number of wins.

Too bad you rise up in ranks till all the opponents in your bracket are stronger than you, so that you are locked in the same place, and don't get any victories despite your best attempts...

But what if you switch, at least for the first few days, to a much weaker team while you sleep(or in between cooldowns)?

This would allow all the much stronger players to quickly pass you, leaving you amid players you can easily defeat - and thus raking in more win rewards!

Any ranks lost because of that can be easily gained back during the last couple of days...

What do you think of such tactics?
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours   Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:22 pm

That is an interesting concept.

Pro: By having people beat you, you lower in rank faster, and have an easier chance getting wins.

Con: By having a weaker defense, people can beat you easier. By having a strong defense, there is a greater chance that they will lose, which will impede their progress, thus increasing your rank in the long run.

Basically, the way I see it, if you care about rank, it might unbeneficial.
But if all you care about is BT point and wins to collect TE and pots, it would be beneficial.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours   Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 am

I actually was kind of wondering if you could do something like this to "game the system" with some friends (or with additional phones) by intentionally making it easy to fight you just long enough for your friends/other phones to fight you then switching back. (and the other phones/friends doing the same when you're ready to fight)

Looking at the ranking, It *looks* like all that matters is wins, not really WHO that win was against. This sort of thing would tend to keep you all with the same number of wins, and thus possibly be likely to always be able to face off against each other... and I don't remember there being anything in the rules against making it easy to beat your team like this, so while sketchy, is probably "legal". Sure, you'd have to spend twice, thrice, whatever more TE, but you'd also get twice, thrice, whatever more winnings. And unlike the other "legit" competitors, your TE would pretty much guarantee you a win, whereas they may come up against a team that beats them.

I'd just really hope there's hidden logic in there that prevents you from fighting the same team an excessive amount of times, even if it is the only team with about the same number of wins as you.

Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours   Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:55 am

as with other 'ideal' suggestions... like all not fighting... thus all getting rank #1.

there will be those who want to abuse and break rank. Smile

but ya... devs can break this by implementing different scores for the "who" you go against... meaning the higher the level, the better the BT.
Back to top Go down
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours   Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 am

GnatB wrote:

I'd just really hope there's hidden logic in there that prevents you from fighting the same team an excessive amount of times, even if it is the only team with about the same number of wins as you.

They already do actually and it's the same mechanic as our battle option where you can only attack someone 3x a day. During Den of Sin I was still pretty new, so the number of people I could beat were limited and I had to choose my opponents carefully to avoid wasting time. Once I located someone I knew I could beat, I'd seek them out over and over again.

I don't remember how many times I fought the opponent (more than 3 I believe), but it eventually greyed out the "Battle" button and said something like "You cannot battle this opponent at this time." It made me sad because that guy was maybe 1 of 2 people I could beat that entire night. Come to think of it, I think it was someone in these forums. lol.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours   Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:49 am

deedlit228 wrote:
GnatB wrote:

They already do actually and it's the same mechanic as our battle option where you can only attack someone 3x a day. During Den of Sin I was still pretty new, so the number of people I could beat were limited and I had to choose my opponents carefully to avoid wasting time. Once I located someone I knew I could beat, I'd seek them out over and over again.

I don't remember how many times I fought the opponent (more than 3 I believe), but it eventually greyed out the "Battle" button and said something like "You cannot battle this opponent at this time." It made me sad because that guy was maybe 1 of 2 people I could beat that entire night. Come to think of it, I think it was someone in these forums. lol.
3 times only? i tot it was like 20 times a day or so... coz recall quite something back when this guy had an issue with me and we were taking it out on each other.
Back to top Go down
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours   Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:47 pm

myad wrote:
deedlit228 wrote:
GnatB wrote:

3 times only? i tot it was like 20 times a day or so... coz recall quite something back when this guy had an issue with me and we were taking it out on each other.

Then it might have something to do with whether or not the other person attacks you back/is active during the time of attack. I asked one of my allies if I could attack her for the Battle Seasoned requirements. She was fine with it and since she never attacked back (and was often inactive during my attacks), it stopped me after 3 attacks. Another possible explanation might be that I don't know how to count after 3. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours   Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Switching to zero defense in arena battles during off hours
Page 1 of 1