Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Rate of fire (speed)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
YewZ

Rate of fire (speed) Empty
PostSubject: Rate of fire (speed)   Rate of fire (speed) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi, i was just wondering about the rate of fire(speed) among some units.
For example, Arrebol has a D speed. But due to his animation (multiple shots), it seems like he is much slower then the rest. Does anyone know if it is actually a E speed?
Back to top Go down
larrydust
☆☆
larrydust

PostSubject: Re: Rate of fire (speed)   Rate of fire (speed) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 pm

The speed rating that is shown does in fact represent the amount of time from the end of the attack animation to the beginning of the next attack animation. But in the case of multi-shot attacks, like Arrebol or Hippolyte, they appear to be noticeably slower than a same speed ranked unit which use a single-shot animation. This is because the attack animation is added to the "speed rating" to determine the total attack interval. So the speed rating can be thought of as delay between animations, the animations as being a separate delay, and both as independent of each other. It should also be noted that the "speed rating" does not represent a set number, but a number within a set range.

For a much more detailed explanation, please see BkWiz's post: DPS Tables - 6 Star Units

Although it is focused on 6★ units and does not analyze Arrebol directly, Hippolyte's three-shot animation is discussed, and perhaps in the future, Debbie's ten-shot animation. It's an amazing reference work, and all credits are due to BkWiz and his dedication.

I hope this helped!
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Rate of fire (speed)   Rate of fire (speed) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Is Debbie 10 shot? I count 6...
Back to top Go down
larrydust
☆☆
larrydust

PostSubject: Re: Rate of fire (speed)   Rate of fire (speed) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:35 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Is Debbie 10 shot? I count 6...

I have some allies with Debbie as lead, so did a quick test.

Target: Rabid Wolf, ground monster, C defense vs missile.

Lv92 Debbie, 75523 ground attack when deployed, each shot hits for 7552 damage.
Lv43 Debbie, 34963 ground attack when deployed, each shot hits for 3496 damage.

Based on these numbers, I assume it is a 10 shot burst. I can't count the rounds fast enough to verify, but there aren't any monsters in 25-3 that can survive a 10-round burst plus poison damage, so I can't be sure that I've ever seen a full attack animation from Debbie.

It may be possible the 6 rounds you count are only the first 6 rounds of the ten.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rate of fire (speed)   Rate of fire (speed) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Locked. Please search before posting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate of fire (speed)   Rate of fire (speed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate of fire (speed)
Page 1 of 1