Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

How can people get a 6*?

Go down 
+9
Lumeri
kyaaya
furoki
No Limitz
Whenesday
chaosbladeuk
Seyeber
aszutai
CThao93
13 posters
AuthorMessage
CThao93
☆☆☆
CThao93

How can people get a 6*?  Empty
PostSubject: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:51 pm

I really want one !
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 pm

If you're paying through boxes, pray really hard...

If you're a free player, play like mad for a long period of time and eventually you'll save enough to get one.

If you're rich, throw 2-3k at an event...? Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Seyeber

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm addressing two of the three methods of obtaining rare cards here- winning from events and drawing from boxes. I haven't yet tried the save-up-thousands-of-time-elixirs-and-buy method yet.

I've drawn two 6* cards from boxes and I've won two from events. I drew a Dullahan, which is a 6* monster (not recruitable) from a regular box and Reve from a Dreambreakers box. (Side Note: Personally I don't consider Dullahan a true 6* because it's not a unit and it doesn't show up on the rare card report) I won Halloween Monica and Vampiress monster from the "It Came from Halloween" event. The Vampiress had to be recruited (which is no trivial task) in order to convert it to a unit from a monster.

I'm not going to give out $ figures, but, in my experience, the best way to obtain a 6* card is to win it through an event. Not only did it cost less, but you can choose a card that you like and then put all your money and effort into winning the event that offers that card as a reward. That way you're not stuck pulling an Alexander, or worse, Dullahan, as your first 6*.

Instead of targeting a specific card you can target a specific event. I chose the "It Came From Halloween" event for 3 reasons. First: Halloween Monica was a guaranteed reward for earning 100k pumpkin lanterns, which meant that I didn't have to worry about losing my reward if I fell asleep during the rush at the end of the event and fell out of the top ranks. Second: The 6* Vampiress card was awarded to the top 50 ranks, instead of the usual top 10. Third: there were two 6* cards being awarded from the event. It turned out that i got three 6* cards from the event: I won Halloween Monica and Vampiress and drew a Reve from boxes.

Basically it comes down to these considerations. If you want to gamble, buy boxes. Your betting that you're lucky enough to draw a 6* AND that it won't be a lousy one. If you don't consider your self lucky then pick an event and win it. If you do choose to win an event make sure you know how much time, money and what quality of cards and allies it will take to win and that you have all those, because you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and every waking minute of your life for an entire week trying to win only to find out that you're going to fall short. Personally I think throwing $ at an event so you can move up into the next tier and win an extra time elixir or premium ticket is pointless; save your money until it will allow you to compete for a real prize.

I also found that buying box after box primarily for the purpose of obtaining a rare card was incredibly frustrating because, so often I wouldn't get one. If you're buying a box for another purpose, such as the bonus items that aid in events then you're not as likely to feel frustrated after spending hundreds of $ without even getting a 5*.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 am

CThao93 wrote:
I really want one !

There is an event that is coming with a 5* and 6* as a prize and it isn't a ranked event meaning everyone can get it. You just need to be playing at least 17 hours a day doing the same missions (similar to the current Fires of the Apocalypse Part 2)
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:50 am

Seyeber wrote:
I'm addressing two of the three methods of obtaining rare cards here- winning from events and drawing from boxes. I haven't yet tried the save-up-thousands-of-time-elixirs-and-buy method yet.

I highly agree to this, seems that you are really put in such a great effort in getting those those 6*s!

And yeap chaosbladeuk has it right, you just need a whole lotta dedication to get the 6* without competing with other people =)
Back to top Go down
No Limitz

No Limitz

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 pm

aszutai wrote:
If you're a free player, play like mad for a long period of time and eventually you'll save enough to get one.

Are we talking about luna here or finding someone to trade for high level 4*s and what not?
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:39 am

No Limitz wrote:
aszutai wrote:

Are we talking about luna here or finding someone to trade for high level 4*s and what not?

Basically anything you do which allows you to accumulate TE / good cards to trade for.

This includes selling feeders for Luna, buying TE with Luna, selling Max 4* for TE, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 am

Whenesday wrote:
No Limitz wrote:
aszutai wrote:

Basically anything you do which allows you to accumulate TE / good cards to trade for.

This includes selling feeders for Luna, buying TE with Luna, selling Max 4* for TE, etc etc.

Yup, basically what Whenesday said. And you can usually get some extra TE through events, either through point rewards or playing the market based on the hot item people are after for the event. Such as buying 3 pots for 2 TE before a Training type event, and sell them for 2 pots for 3TE during it. Or an event like the last monster recruiting one, where you can just farm SSS and sell them for TE, etc...

Though 6*'s TE value fluctuates based on market prices; right now they're kind of low since TE supply itself is low. So you can probably get a decent 6* between 800-1200TE, I haven't looked around much so the number might be off for a bit. Regardless, that's a lot of TEs to save up Neutral
Back to top Go down
furoki

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 am

Seyeber wrote:
I'm addressing twHalloween three methods of obtaining rare cards here- winning from events and drawing from boxes. I haven't yet tried the save-up-thousands-of-time-elixirs-and-buy method yet.

I've drawn two 6* cards from boxes and I've won two from events. I drew a Dullahan, which is a 6* monster (not recruitable) from a regular box and Reve from a Dreambreakers box. (Side Note: Personally I don't consider Dullahan a true 6* because it's not a unit and it doesn't show up on the rare card report) I won Halloween Monica and Vampiress monster from the "It Came from Halloween" event. The Vampiress had to be recruited (which is no trivial task) in order to convert it to a unit from a monster.

I'm not going to give out $ figures, but, in my experience, the best way to obtain a 6* card is to win it through an event. Not only did it cost less, but you can choose a card that you like and then put all your money and effort into winning the event that offers that card as a reward. That way you're not stuck pulling an Alexander, or worse, Dullahan, as your first 6*.

Instead of targeting a specific card you can target a specific event. I chose the "It Came From Halloween" event for 3 reasons. First: Halloween Monica was a guaranteed reward for earning 100k pumpkin lanterns, which meant that I didn't have to worry about losing my reward if I fell asleep during the rush at the end of the event and fell out of the top ranks. Second: The 6* Vampiress card was awarded to the top 50 ranks, instead of the usual top 10. Third: there were two 6* cards being awarded from the event. It turned out that i got three 6* cards from the event: I won Halloween Monica and Vampiress and drew a Reve from boxes.

So how many boxes did you buy for halloween event?

Back to top Go down
Seyeber

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 am

furoki wrote:

I honestly don't know; I didn't keep count. I can tell you that I still have a dozen pages in my inbox filled with nothing but dreambreakers even after pulling some cards out to use or sell. I can also tell you that it was about one or two boxes fewer than I wanted. My Mobage account stopped working late at night on the last day of the event. Consequently I finished 35 instead of inside the top 25 and missed out on getting the Werewolf monster. It worked fine the next day though when I bought a regular box for the large Soul Stones.
Back to top Go down
furoki

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:48 am

Seyeber wrote:
furoki wrote:

I honestly don't know; I didn't keep count. I can tell you that I still have a dozen pages in my inbox filled with nothing but dreambreakers even after pulling some cards out to use or sell. I can also tell you that it was about one or two boxes fewer than I wanted. My Mobage account stopped working late at night on the last day of the event. Consequently I finished 35 instead of inside the top 25 and missed out on getting the Werewolf monster. It worked fine the next day though when I bought a regular box for the large Soul Stones.

I only bought 1 box and all 4*, 5 candy, it only got me 700 plus rank. Reward only up to vampire and can't even hit 100k lanterns. I wanted to get another box for ww but I look at the cards were not popular and might get all junk cards again. I also did calculations to squeeze into 500 rank, 5 candies were not enough to get in. Need 2 boxes. I called off the plan. Moba coin not cheap at all. Hope they will have sale one day. I'm sure similar event will repeat again so you have recorded many boxes will be useful in next event.
Back to top Go down
CThao93
☆☆☆
CThao93

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 am

thanks for the advice and info everyone
Back to top Go down
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 7:01 am

Thanksgiving bonus! 3x chance 6* and extra gifts. I'm so getting suckered -_-;;
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 am

kyaaya wrote:

I know right? It's soooooo freaking tempting... >_<;;

Ugh... Must. Refrain. Self. From. Buying...

Edit: Went against my better judgement and bought a box... Just got a bunch of cards I don't want, aside from Angela and Yuriya... T^T
Back to top Go down
CThao93
☆☆☆
CThao93

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:31 am

aszutai wrote:
kyaaya wrote:

Edit: Went against my better judgement and bought a box... Just got a bunch of cards I don't want, aside from Angela and Yuriya... T^T

Which box did you buy?
Back to top Go down
Lumeri

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:25 am

kyaaya wrote:

3x of .002 is .006 er, .6% lol. Although that sort of thinking is rather pessimistic.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 am

CThao93 wrote:
aszutai wrote:
kyaaya wrote:

Which box did you buy?

The normal mega box Neutral

Note to self "Don't spend money until the right event" lol
Back to top Go down
janus1

janus1

PostSubject: bought 2 prem boxes and not one 5*   How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 4:14 pm

kyaaya wrote:

Im so depressed right now..lol
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 am

If you're rich, then easiest way is to buy. or else you're stuck like most grinding and looking for great trades.
Back to top Go down
XiaoLongBao
☆☆
XiaoLongBao

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 am

Lumeri wrote:
kyaaya wrote:

3x of .002 is .006 er, .6% lol. Although that sort of thinking is rather pessimistic.

...SERIOUSLY!? Well I guess im the lucky one pulling Nina (which i traded for Saki AND Ana) without 3x and Rein with the 3x
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:48 pm

XiaoLongBao wrote:
Lumeri wrote:
kyaaya wrote:

...SERIOUSLY!? Well I guess im the lucky one pulling Nina (which i traded for Saki AND Ana) without 3x and Rein with the 3x

Wow! Lucky to the max, time to go to Vegas for you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can people get a 6*?    How can people get a 6*?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can people get a 6*?
Page 1 of 1