Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]

Go down 
+133
pimpayon
gremory lover
Dmhlucky
niceguyingold
ModdingAllDay
Popabear79554
Butterflylovin
ShiKabuki
Argreon
Abyssight
snipercat12
erikwinslow
Calyptra9
blackwing
Belhyde
MasterNoob
Iburnq8
nohara
HoundR
Musashiiden
Rain4est1337
Cospinay
jennytan18
Keleos89
LoraFrosty
AshleighBSexy
Lawliet
afternoonteatime
SamuraixAmateur
SimsFamily
Tattycoram
sinne0_5
AhHe1984
CP_Cranfill
LuziMiazawa
TruthMaker
Eklipzs
koreandude711
Senvious
AzuGazer
walker8030
Mistrevia
xyzon
greatsopp
mistive
Happiemealz
stevkim
Serinalus
Rukei
Tashego
Yuan
MythSearcher
Ilyere
sGabe4
nathantmorin
JuliettaVoid
larcangel
zoodedout24
pikarawr09
Rasta
deformedmagic
ahmad4zan
Lusha Rarevock
myad
Onisunit
Yukine2911
skrfirefly
ATB
phamsean
sengakae
Bigbaby03
ashablue
thebluebox0
hereticloki
BaDxHoMeR11
alley1221
Fanta_Lover
GodHatesUssAll
tinker1679
themadmanazn
aniken671
Subwerd
Piggers
deedlit228
larrydust
the3ptsling
lordstrell
Laanta
Brokenluckx3
lmnseason
theonlyenzan
Danaerys83
Reesiz
EvolutionIsReal
cloudsoratidus
TOPdevx
KuroStar
Whenesday
Xedd
Gen137
Zaelar
Lionpunisher
aquCHAOS
MiyamaMizuki
Xzaral
neary1
BigMastaB97
Requium13
SeraphShaun
RoyalGargoyle
victorfay69
Gornix
Darkulax
SnozzBerry
predator852
dnonamus
ATROPEX
Kanoodle
MrUbiquity
Admin
sagemacleod
ragnarok
memphiskite
Ruego
snofuzz
BkWiz
ALostGod
Vertacus
timlai1209
ElysianField
Dark Knlght
Katybug99
clocksprocket
137 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]
BigMastaB97

Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Idk if I should get in on this since I already have a lot of people complaining on my list, but I think that Fanta_Lover was honestly just trying to help. Do I think that there should be screen shots? Yes, but her list was mainly just a "be cautious" some were confirmed scammers, some were just accused but she explained the accused scammers situation. Either way I think the list mostly helped and it kinda sucks that it got deleted since no one updates this list anymore.

That's just my opinion but I figured I'd give it.

Fanta_Lover, Like I said I think that your list helped and I'm sorry to see all your hard work go to waste.
Back to top Go down
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:23 pm

thebluebox0 wrote:
It looks like a mod might be tending the thread again.

may I ask that instructions on how to post screen shots from phones be added at the front? I tried to do the upload icon last night but my phone would not copy the URL when I clicked copy. Lots of people have evidence but can't figure out how to post the screenies

I'm also seeing people having that issue, so I went ahead and made instructions (with screenshots). The moderators/admin can use these as they see fit.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brokenluckx3
☆☆
Brokenluckx3

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 am

Whether or not Fanta_lover's list was allowed or not, at least it had my scammer on it! Its frustrating to see the list have a new update date on it and my scammer not be there!? I had tons of screenshots! I dont want anyone else to accidentally get scammed by this douche!(and this is the closest thing to 'justice' ill ever have! Sad )

please add bronzegiver (56884318) to the official list for stealing my ghost u and Luce!!
Back to top Go down
Fanta_Lover
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 am

Sorry guys i wont be helping anymore. Sad
Back to top Go down
thebluebox0

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 am

That's the problem with these forums. The mobile version does not support uploading pictures or even posting. You have to go to the classic version and upload screenies from a laptop or PC. Fantasica is a game for mobile devices. The screenies are from mobile devices. Most people access the forum using a mobile device. If it isn't convenient, they won't upload the screenies. My phone IS my internet. In order to upload screenies, I have to tether my phone to my computer, transfer the pictures, set up the internet connection, come to the forums, log in, then post and upload. That is too much hassle when my phone is logged in here and I can post within a minute. Until the forums support uploading pics from mobile devices, the vast majority of people will not post evidence.
Back to top Go down
thebluebox0

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

As for deleting the list...that was a jerk move. The list hadn't been updated in weeks. The mods weren't doing their job, so Fanta-lover stepped up to lend a hand. She had screenies and evidence but only has a mobile device and can't upload them. She investigated and did everything the mods should have done. Instead of thanking her for her effort and working with her (hmmm...someone willing to do the work might make a good mod), you delete it? That took her DAYS to compile and investigate. Deleting it was a serious jerk move.
Back to top Go down
larrydust
☆☆
larrydust

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 pm

thebluebox0 wrote:
As for deleting the list...that was a jerk move. The list hadn't been updated in weeks. The mods weren't doing their job, so Fanta-lover stepped up to lend a hand. She had screenies and evidence but only has a mobile device and can't upload them. She investigated and did everything the mods should have done. Instead of thanking her for her effort and working with her (hmmm...someone willing to do the work might make a good mod), you delete it? That took her DAYS to compile and investigate. Deleting it was a serious jerk move.
I support the deleting of the unofficial list.

All I've heard has been that people have evidence of scams but don't post it. Wouldn't that be the same as me saying, "PlayerA is a scammer, I have evidence, but I'm not showing you the evidence. Just trust me."?

I agree that the list is being updated too slowly, but posting an unofficial list is not the way to go. I am not saying Fanta_Lover is not trustworthy, for I have no reason to believe that, but what is to stop someone from posting details from a scam that never happened, for the reason of harassment? Or a scammer to post that they were the one scammed, not the victim? We need evidence; screenshots.

In the end, I'd like the thank Fanta_Lover for all their hard work over the last week. It's a noble goal, but the ends do not justify the means. If screenshots were provided, then I would have a very different point of view in this situation.
Back to top Go down
thebluebox0

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm

larrydust wrote:

All I've heard has been that people have evidence of scams but don't post it. Wouldn't that be the same as me saying, "PlayerA is a scammer, I have evidence, but I'm not showing you the evidence. Just trust me."?

I agree that the list is being updated too slowly, but posting an unofficial list is not the way to go. I am not saying Fanta_Lover is not trustworthy, for I have no reason to believe that, but what is to stop someone from posting details from a scam that never happened, for the reason of harassment? Or a scammer to post that they were the one scammed, not the victim? We need evidence; screenshots.

In the end, I'd like the thank Fanta_Lover for all their hard work over the last week. It's a noble goal, but the ends do not justify the means. If screenshots were provided, then I would have a very different point of view in this situation.

I completely agree that evidence should be collected and posted. However, these forums do not support posting screenshots from mobile devices. My phone IS my internet access. In order for me to post screenshots of the evidence I have in 5 of the cases on that list, I have to transfer the pictures to my computer, tether to my phone to get internet connection (my comp does not have a wireless card) upload the pics, then post. Due to the way my home network is configured, it takes me 20 minutes to establish a connection and still have access to my printer and external drives. That is too time consuming and aggravating. My phone is my internet.

I have tried uploading them to the picture server here directly from my phone and manually putting in the URL tag. That doesn't work for two reasons. First, the copy button does not copy to my clip board. Secondly, the complete URL is not shown in the little window. I can't manually input it if I don't know it.

Fanta_lover does not have a computer to post from. All she has is her phone. She has over 56 screenshots of evidence related to that list that she is unable to post due to the reasons listed above. When she composed that list, she contacted a mod privately asking for their kik or email so that she could send them that way and have the mod post. A mod was aware of the list and that she was doing it.

So, we have a list that was woefully out of date.
We have a ton of evidence that we are not able to posy. She had contact with a mod who was aware that she was compiling the list. Then, a different mod comes along and deletes the list without knowing that she was working with a mod. Jerk move.

Until there is a mod who is assigned to this list, willing to get screenies through kick from those of us who can't post them, and updating the list regularly, we are going to have problems. As long as mods scold people for trying to be helpful, there are going to be problems. When mods don't communicate with each other, there are going to be problems.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm willing to help out with posting the screenshots showcasing scammer work for anyone who are having difficulties with doing it themselves.

My kik is memphiskite and I would prefer you tell me all the details about it first so that I'm aware of what I'm posting, just in case someone instantly accuses me of the allegation without reading the whole document/post.

I prefer using a image hosting site to upload the photos and post the image links here since it's far more convenient for me than using the forum image hosting option.

I'm not a moderater sadly, but at least I can dedicate some time to get those screenshots up and running.

Please expect at least 24-48 hours for me to post them up the moment you send the information to me, as I do have other commitments I should be focusing on more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
thebluebox0

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:08 pm

MK, thanks for the offer.

I will add you on Kik if I may.

Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Spoiler:

Just adding more evidence on hawt-tamales (ID 53779094) who scammed Vlad & Nina from Kainxkaname.
Screenshots were provided by thebluebox0, who was trying his best to convince hawt to return the cards back to their original owners, but hawt declined on acting upon any of those good intentions.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Fanta_Lover
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 pm

thebluebox0 wrote:
larrydust wrote:

I completely agree that evidence should be collected and posted. However, these forums do not support posting screenshots from mobile devices. My phone IS my internet access. In order for me to post screenshots of the evidence I have in 5 of the cases on that list, I have to transfer the pictures to my computer, tether to my phone to get internet connection (my comp does not have a wireless card) upload the pics, then post. Due to the way my home network is configured, it takes me 20 minutes to establish a connection and still have access to my printer and external drives. That is too time consuming and aggravating. My phone is my internet.

I have tried uploading them to the picture server here directly from my phone and manually putting in the URL tag. That doesn't work for two reasons. First, the copy button does not copy to my clip board. Secondly, the complete URL is not shown in the little window. I can't manually input it if I don't know it.

Fanta_lover does not have a computer to post from. All she has is her phone. She has over 56 screenshots of evidence related to that list that she is unable to post due to the reasons listed above. When she composed that list, she contacted a mod privately asking for their kik or email so that she could send them that way and have the mod post. A mod was aware of the list and that she was doing it.

So, we have a list that was woefully out of date.
We have a ton of evidence that we are not able to posy. She had contact with a mod who was aware that she was compiling the list. Then, a different mod comes along and deletes the list without knowing that she was working with a mod. Jerk move.

Until there is a mod who is assigned to this list, willing to get screenies through kick from those of us who can't post them, and updating the list regularly, we are going to have problems. As long as mods scold people for trying to be helpful, there are going to be problems. When mods don't communicate with each other, there are going to be problems.

Omg thank you, u r my new best friend. Sadly i deleted all the snapshots do to this situation,and players posting on my wall comanfing ME to do shit. -.- i dont take kindly to threats cause i dobt know who they are.

Im sorry to EVERY player in this forum, i wont & never again will help scammers. Yall have to deal with it yourselves cant help yall

Thank u.
Back to top Go down
phamsean

phamsean

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:56 am

Huys plese help 61318450 stole my Chiara to album and hasent returned it please help me get her back[url][/url]
Back to top Go down
phamsean

phamsean

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:59 am

Huys plese help 61318450 stole my Chiara to album and hasent returned it please help me get her back. My kik is kambesama . Ill post a pic up when I get to my xomputer
Back to top Go down
thebluebox0

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:24 am

phamsean wrote:
Huys plese help 61318450 stole my Chiara to album and hasent returned it please help me get her back. My kik is kambesama . Ill post a pic up when I get to my xomputer

Your ally appraised me of the situation. I have added the ID to my war report (goes to my allies every morning). I saw the demands too return on the wall, but that is here say evidence. Having a screenshot of your conversation with the scammer (juanathanman?) immediately following the transaction would be best. Any admission of theft and refusal to return will do.

Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 am

To everyone who gets scammed. This game (Fantasica) has a trading system where BOTH parties must agree on what is being traded. It is a TRADE function, not an "lend" or "album" function. If you want to trade, MAKE SURE you are getting what you are suppose to get. If you are lending or albuming, MAKE SURE you get proper value collateral so if the person ends up keeping your card, you can at least sell that person's cards and buy your own card back at little or no loss. If you insist on lending or albuming without collateral, you will get scammed so take DETAILED screen shots of the situation.

Fanta_Lover wrote:
Did they really delete my fucking list!?!? Do you have any idea how much time and effert it took to make that!? -.-

I am kinda shocked you don't have an offline version like in a text file of some sort. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.

thebluebox0 wrote:
That's the problem with these forums. The mobile version does not support uploading pictures or even posting. You have to go to the classic version and upload screenies from a laptop or PC. Fantasica is a game for mobile devices. The screenies are from mobile devices. Most people access the forum using a mobile device. If it isn't convenient, they won't upload the screenies. My phone IS my internet. In order to upload screenies, I have to tether my phone to my computer, transfer the pictures, set up the internet connection, come to the forums, log in, then post and upload. That is too much hassle when my phone is logged in here and I can post within a minute. Until the forums support uploading pics from mobile devices, the vast majority of people will not post evidence.

Not sure what mobile device you are using, but all of mine allow me to view the forum in classic view. Plus, if you just use a photo hosting site with an app (I use photobucket), it is a really simple process, all doable from your phone.
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 am

I also have another attempted scam case to report, for the player 32176768 jayven59.

My ally is looking for a Bernard, and he has approached her saying that he has it, and ask for offer. My ally have both posted her offer and sent a trade offer to him. After a period of silence, he said that he "can't send bernard", and placed Elena in the trade offer instead.

If the trader has any good intention, he should simply say it and not do any trade actions, instead of hoping my ally presses the accept button.

Screenshots says all.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 am

We don't list "attempted" scammers, who knows their motivations. An actual scam needs to occur. It is like dogs, every dog gets a free bite Laughing
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 am

Yeap I know the intention of the list is to track all scams which have occured =)

Just putting him here as awareness that he can pull this old trick sometimes on other players which may be more hasty.
Back to top Go down
thebluebox0

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm

I am viewing the classic version of the forums using my phone. (The mobile version does not permit me to post or edit, only browse.) I try to upload screenies using the hosting site of the forums when you click the icon. The pics upload. I get URLs back. However, I don't see the whole URL (end gets cut offand can't scroll over) and can't copy it by hand. They copy button next to the URL does not work and whatever I had on my clipboard previously pastes in. My phone is a Pantech Burst with latest Droid OS. If anyone can tell me why it isn't working, please inform me. At this time, I can't post screenies here from my phone.

I do not have a photobucket account. I don't host personal images online and have never needed one.
Back to top Go down
phamsean

phamsean

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 Screen12[i]
Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 Screen12
Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 Screen14
https://i.servimg.com/u/f15/18/07/11/57/screen10.jpg

This the scammer in question I requested to have Chiara sent back but he never responded. Then he started doing all these . stuff on his page as if he was trying to move my comments out of his wall or something. Still no response. I know im new to the fourms and all but I would like to have her back.

KiK is Kambesama if u have any other questions.
Back to top Go down
thebluebox0

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Got a report in game on a new scammer, 58100422 BenchOfficial. Ally of victim told me the scammer asked to borrow Paris to kill phantoms and put up Norma and another 5* as collateral. When requested, scammer would not return Paris. I do not have screens of incident. When I went to scammer's wall, only victim and a couple of allies are demanding return of card, scammer is not responding, and a message about the game crashing is posted. I have asked my ally to get victim to post screens here.
Back to top Go down
ATB
☆☆☆
ATB

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Ok new victim.
Ally of mine Khaos2012 (55527857) gets scammed in a album trade for his Succubus, Charles, and Luce by AznONEx (60032538)
When asked back for cards scammer signs out.
Upon return he starts harassing the victim and his allies who are asking him to return the cards back.

I believe its the gist of the situation.
Still on going.
I posted the numbers in case you guys want to contact the players.
Unfortunately there is no screen shots.
I don't even know how to take screen shots.
Back to top Go down
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]
BigMastaB97

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 pm

ATB wrote:
Ok new victim.
Ally of mine Khaos2012 (55527857) gets scammed in a album trade for his Succubus, Charles, and Luce by AznONEx (60032538)
When asked back for cards scammer signs out.
Upon return he starts harassing the victim and his allies who are asking him to return the cards back.

I believe its the gist of the situation.
Still on going.
I posted the numbers in case you guys want to contact the players.
Unfortunately there is no screen shots.
I don't even know how to take screen shots.

If you have an Iphone or any other ios device, to take screen shots you press the home (circle) button and the power button (top button) at the same time. I don't know how to do it on android though.
Back to top Go down
ATB
☆☆☆
ATB

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Sadly I am on android.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013] - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next