Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

qxq worth it?

Go down 
+5
Shinrasoldier
the1lyden
Minowara
PangCY
alexterrier92
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alexterrier92

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 am

Is qxq worth it? I'm thinking of trading her for reimund+. Hw about reimund? Is he a good front liner?
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:35 pm

you should balance it by yourself.

QxQ dc is 25; not a colo unit, total dc in colo is 100. but, its speed isnt high enough, damage isnt as good as other dc 25. you will always found better option rather than QxQ; she is your last resort.

in BA/TA (total dc 120), you have slightly more dc to play around. she might be a good filler with decent damage output + penta hit.

in GA (total dc 200), she wasnt a huge threat; fragile and low damage output. 3 backstab from Closer can finish her easily. in case open-fired, her hp cant even survive in 1 attack run (assume 4 decent units attack).

IMO, QxQ is overrated; but a decent dc 25. she wasnt as powerful as you expected. but, she can do the job IF penta hit trigger :)penta hit didnt trigger as frequent as you expect = dont put too much hope on her.

Last edited by PangCY on Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong info on QxQ dc)
Back to top Go down
alexterrier92

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:38 pm

How about reimund?
Back to top Go down
alexterrier92

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:08 am

One question. A person is firing me becuz I asked him to add more to closer for my qxq. He said closer is more valuable than qxq.is that acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:09 am

Well isn't this thread just loaded with misinformation......

QxQ is 25 dc. She is a very strong unit. She is in the top 20 for 6*'s in damage output and has a very strong ability in penta attack, which is 190% dmg, so she is great in GW. Also, her squishiness doesn't matter much -- that's why you have tanks in front.

I see '3 backstab from closer can finish her easily'. Ummm, a couple of comments: 3 backstabs from closer will kill a lot of 6*. Also, if closer, who is in the front row, hits 3x in a battle, then you're doing something wrong. Closer should be dead quickly, and QxQ helps get you there. Plus he would very very very rarely proc 3 straight times anyway, when backstab has a 30% chance of proc'ing.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:10 am

And no. Closer is not worth more than QxQ. Closer is worth 30-40 while QxQ is around 50-60.
Back to top Go down
alexterrier92

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:11 am

I see thx man!!
Back to top Go down
alexterrier92

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:12 am

Exactly. Now I better clean my wall. And ignore said person. Better continue grinding. You're a real saver my friend
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:14 am

It is also worth noting that QxQ is actually the highest damage output for a 25dc missile and lower. The only stronger missile attacks in Colo/GA are 30dc. Also, only Petra has higher damage of any type at 25dc and lower (Petra at 20dc, but she is d speed).
Back to top Go down
alexterrier92

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:18 am

*nod*nod* okay.
Btw what are your opinions on reimund? I had eury n delf as tank last gw. But im thinking of making my team all arena skilled.
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:45 am

ok, my bad on wrong information about QxQ dc.

anyway, as i mentioned in my post, it was IMO: she wasnt a huge threat unless you can keep her safe; due to longer range and cover by alot front row meats, Closer backstab always got her (in most of my GA3/4 battles). yet, 3 backstabs wont kill Reinmund for sure, or any unit with dc 30 (some dc 25 can survive too).

in both GA3 and 4, i seldom found players get Closer in team but more QxQ. perhaps, that's why player never cover QxQ with 1 more long range (such as Cosmos with range 200) unit to keep QxQ safe from backstab.
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:39 pm

I have a question that kind of relates to this discussion.

I have been saving to acquire my first 6* (outside of login bonus's)

I am trying to decide between:
Chevalier (70-75 TE)
Benedicta (60-65 TE)
QxQ (50-55 TE)

i am trying to weigh them between the dc, attack, speed and art... i have about 55 TE now so need to be ready to make a decision.... Thoughts?

seems like maybe chev would be a clear winner, but it has taken me a while to get the TE i have (free player - the occasional step-up pack)...

Back to top Go down
Shinrasoldier
☆☆
Shinrasoldier

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm still a fan of QxQ as her range puts her in the back during GW, which helps spread your units.  Also, the penta attack is nice when it happens to trigger.  I guess it really depends on what you want to use your units for and your strategy.  

If anything, you could continue to hold onto your TE/Pots and continue to watch the market implode till every 6* unit is worth the same as a feeder card.  Heck, 6*'s may become the new feeder cards going forward.

Another thing you can do is continuously watch FantaTrade for great deals. I just saw a Nanaca sell for 15 TE/Pots. While you may not get either of those three you were looking for, you could stretch your 55 TE's into multiple 6* units.
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:46 am

Picked QxQ up for 40 TE (mlb)... seemed like too good a deal to pass up.
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:10 am

Shinrasoldier wrote:
Heck, 6*'s may become the new feeder cards going forward.

stop the insanity!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:25 pm

QxQ was rarely a threat to me in GW. The only time she was ever a threat was when they were in the front line and I was not. Outside of that she rarely ever got 2 hits in, and with her low chance to proc that meant her damage output in general.

If you're a front line player with fast units (as I was) they'd take out much of the cards in front of her before she even got to hit once, and I'm fairly certain t only took 2 backstabs from Closer to kill her, which happened enough times in my experience.

Ergo, I'm not saying she's bad, but I would say there are a host of units that are more versatile than her for her price...
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 am

predator852 wrote:
and I'm fairly certain t only took 2 backstabs from Closer to kill her

even both attacker and defender at offense position, 2 back stab from Closer almost kill QxQ but not killed. it left around 5% hp. i  had experienced that in both GA4 and GA5.

back stab will deliver 100% extra damage on trigger. in other words, 5 hits from Closer (114773 damage each hit) will overkill QxQ. estimate, QxQ hp is about 450k.
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:59 am

predator852 wrote:
QxQ was rarely a threat to me in GW. The only time she was ever a threat was when they were in the front line and I was not. Outside of that she rarely ever got 2 hits in, and with her low chance to proc that meant her damage output in general.

If you're a front line player with fast units (as I was) they'd take out much of the cards in front of her before she even got to hit once, and I'm fairly certain t only took 2 backstabs from Closer to kill her, which happened enough times in my experience.

Ergo, I'm not saying she's bad, but I would say there are a host of units that are more versatile than her for her price...

So what units would you value more for QxQ's price (keeping in mind i got her for 40 TE)?

p.s. if you say benedicta, i may kill myself... cause i want her kinda bad, but thought this was a better deal.
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:37 am

the1lyden wrote:
p.s. if you say benedicta, i may kill myself... cause i want her kinda bad, but thought this was a better deal.

what done is done... just live with it
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 12:37 pm

the1lyden wrote:
predator852 wrote:

So what units would you value more for QxQ's price (keeping in mind i got her for 40 TE)?

I hope noone is selling Bene for that price...but QxQ and bene are completely different units so comparing them is hard.

Nina comes to mind, she doesn't have penta but she's also 10 DC cheaper, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Flores is worth a little more than QxQ, and she's head over heels better.

a lot of people knock Closer but he's pretty good.

Because of the c speed, I'd probably take Ficial over QxQ, and I'd DEFINITLY take Chev over her.

the thing about me is, i don't run too many back row units. In GW I usually have melee units, because they tend to be B speed, and in Fanta right now, outside of Charles/Gust, if you're attacking B-speed is a must. And if you're defending in the front line (which is the best way to defend if you're gonna use 5 units) B speed is a must.

Speed is really the most important factor if you're going to be contributing a good amount of effort and AP in a bunch of GW battles. And QxQ with that D speed, useless...
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:13 pm

Wow Predator, lots of good info! i appreciate it!

Nina is on my list of units to get! she will have balance the dc 25 and 30's.
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 pm

predator852 wrote:
Speed is really the most important factor if you're going to be contributing a good amount of effort and AP in a bunch of GW battles. And QxQ with that D speed, useless...

this part is misleading info. in colo, BA, TA, high speed give advantage due to low amount of turn to finish a fight. most unit skill trigger can only turn little tide of battle, due to quick game.

in GA, there are total 30 turns to both side to act. i agree that high speed unit grant more turns to attack; BUT keep in mind that only work if no other skills triggered.

in case any skill triggered (such as slow, speed order, attack boost), it turn the tide of battle greatly.

what if your high speed unit get knock back (lost it turns)? get slow (delay N turns)? get poison (die faster due to high speed)?

i doubt speed affect much in GA. least to say, my C and D speed unit (refer my core unit in my signature) had join all my GA 1-4 fight; my GA result wasnt bad too (refer my Arrow Guild link in my signature to check GA win count). from certain extend, some C and D speed unit are even better than you expect Smile

worse to worst, never get E speed unit lol that's the only thing i never try.

Last edited by PangCY on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:10 am

Ummmm, predator, QxQ is C speed. -.-

I'm not a believer of D spread units, but having one a high DC, like Vlad, will not be detrimental to the team as he can tank and do a 1 time nuke.

I usually run a B/C team.

Closer is a subpar unit as when he procs you are spreading damage out rather than focusing down a unit. He could be considered an event 4* killer as alot of people put the event unit in the 5th spot, but good players know to put a rear tank, like QxQ, to guard against Backstab.

Last edited by xbLux on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:41 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆
UkyoSonoda

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 am

Never get an E speed unit? But 5 mlb alexanders have so much HP it makes them annoying lol.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:34 pm

If my B speed units are faster than you my skills will Proc first.

You are looking at the maximum 30 turns from the wrong angle. It would be better to think about it like this:

The best way to make use of 30 solid turns is to get the most attacks in.
If I have 5 units, and they all swing before your five, chances are I will kill at least one of your units. That means you will only swing 4 times next, THEN, I will get another attack, meaning I got 6 out of the ten first turns.
Apart from there being two Reinhards, I will knock out AT LEAST two of your units in the first 15 turns, leaving the battle 3 v. 5/4 for the second half of the fight.
In battles such as this, it's not so much that I've gotten 20 attacks as it is I've STOLEN 20 opportunities for my opponent to attack. That's what proves that speed is the MOST important factor.

It's for this same reason that the best defenders place quick units in the front deployment spot as well: it's pretty hard for an attacker to kill you if they're only getting 10-15 attacks per battle.

You know who I use to tank? My weakest link- Stella. Because I'd rather have the frail unit get knocked out in those first 15 than a unit that does a ton of damage.

And battles are usually around a minute long. If you're averaging anything more than 30 battles a war, and you're averaging 20 hits each battle, your AP burn is much more efficient than players who deploy slow units with tanks like QxQ & Rein.

As you can see, I'm operating under the assumption that you're in a war with another guild that is burning heavy, or closely matched with your own. This is because that's the worst case scenario.

Over time, units like Flores&Closer, who are faster, will do more damage than slow units like QxQ.

And both Flores and Closer have skills that push their damage up past 150%, Closer doing more damage per skill proc than QxQ and Flores too if the unit is tough enough.

People think in one-battle scenarios when they should be thinking in 35-war scenarios.

P.S. And sorry about QxQs speed, I guess I overlooked her so much I forgot her speed.

P.P.S. And in the front row you don't generally factor in skill procs, because outside of Slow/KB/Speed Order (speed order being the worst because it's best use is on a slow unit on a slow team, who'll be half dead by the time it procs) there's nothing that changes order, and only a handful of units with these skills are present in GW in excess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

qxq worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: qxq worth it?   qxq worth it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

qxq worth it?
Page 1 of 1