Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TechBroManSir

TechBroManSir

Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding Empty
PostSubject: Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding   Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:09 am

Alright, I'm losing my mind grinding and I've been constantly thinking about what sort of teams I can form with my gaggle of average units earned through lunch breaks.  So, boredom has driven me to LATE NIGHT THEORYCRAFTING!  First, here's what I have to work with.

Melee units
140 Closer (25 DC, Speed B, Poison/Backstab)
105 Promes (15 DC, Speed C, Slow)
41 Haine (20 DC, Speed B, Poison/IWall) - Yeah, someone suggested I don't recruit her.  Then I did because I'm an impulsive idiot.
37 Robert (10 DC, Speed B, Nerve) - I have saved Robert and Pasio in the hopes that Nerve Strike is the hottest skill on the planet.
23 Emilia (25 DC, Speed C, Slow/IWall) - Reason I recruited Haine was for lower DC and faster speed with similar range.  But I'll hold onto her for now.

Missile units
100 Curious (20 DC, Speed C, Knockback)
100 Apsara (20 DC, Speed C, Knockback/Critical)
120 Ruse (20 DC, Speed C, Poison/Critical) - Uuugh.  Statistically awful 5 star.
72 Arena (15 DC, Speed C, Slow)
37 Forto (25 DC, Speed C, Knockback/Speed Order) - Nobody seems to have maxed her, so I may just do it, calculate her damage, and see if she stacks up to Leonor
80 Leonor (20 DC,  Speed C, Slow/Speed Order)

Magic units
80 Pasio (15 DC, Speed D, AA/Nerve) - All aboard the Nerve N-Strike Train!
80 Magia (20 DC, Speed D, Slow)

From what I understand, Colosseum has a DC limit of 100, Guild Battles have a limit of 200, and Arena is absolutely nuts because the parameters could be anything.  I know Arena skills activate in Guild Battles, and that we have a bunch we just don't know anything about.  With that in mind, let's talk inane team building with underleveled wimps.

Let's pretend I'm a competent salesman with a decent stock of potions/TEs and am also good at leveling units quickly.  And let's pretend I'm shooting for a cheap 6 star, like Manfred because he looks super awesome and I want one, he is The Knightiest any will do.

Colosseum squad seems pretty obvious to me.  Closer and Promes form the front line for the three 20 DC ranged units in the back.  Three of five provide turn control, which is okay but could be better.  Honestly, I'd replace Ruse with a 4 star, but in terms of hitting hard, 5* > 4*, right?

Guild Battle would be interesting.  I'm thinking of something like:
Closer, Robert, Curious, Apsara, Ruse (in that order so Closer takes hits for Robert) on offense
Promes, Haine, Emilia, Forto, Pasio on defense for possible turn control considering it's a bunch of 4 stars about to get sacked

I guess what I'm looking for is if these teams fit the current "metagame" and which units I should spend my time leveling so they'll be ready for battle.  I'm not a spender (thought it's been terribly tempting), so I will stick to cheap cards if my teams need a replacement.  If you had these odd puzzle pieces and no reference picture to work with, how would you assemble it all? If you could draft one 5 or 6 star unit to really make all this work, which would it be?

Aaand now that I'm done typing it all, the event's over.  Oh well, I'm not letting all this go to waste.
Back to top Go down
equals399
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding   Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:36 am

Quote :
Colosseum squad seems pretty obvious to me.  Closer and Promes form the front line for the three 20 DC ranged units in the back.  Three of five provide turn control, which is okay but could be better.  Honestly, I'd replace Ruse with a 4 star, but in terms of hitting hard, 5* > 4*, right?
Range doesn't matter in Colosseum. All units share a unified hp bar. And Colo is all about speed and control, so even if a 5* hits harder than a 4*, it's often better to pick a 4* with control options (and attacks faster) than a 5* poison. 5* poisons also have a bad reputation of having inferior overall stats compared to other unit skills, so you should avoid them in general.
Closer is your own 6* atm though, and he attacks at B spd (and hits pretty hard), so I'd keep him on.

Also note that Promes is 110 range, so in Arena battles, she'll be the first unit to be attacked. And her 15 dc will mean she will fall rather quickly too.

As for how your overall Guild Battle team composition, it's a bit of a head scratcher as I'm not actually familiar with performance of 4* units in GB. The current "metagame" for GB as I understand it is to form a solid 5 man team of high dc 6-7* units, followed by a bunch of subs/fillers, and rotate those teams as offense or defense as required. Your present team composition doesn't have these qualities (admitting, neither does mine. GB is an expensive event to prepare for!), so that might be something to work towards.

For starters, aim towards constructing a team comprising of more 5* units. 5* cards are particularly inexpensive now, even ones with arena skills. I've got a spare fThrain I could palm off to you in exchange for a 4* feeder/goddesses if you'd like. As for drafting a good 6*, everyone seems to swear by Reinhard as the cheapest and most robust tank 6* available, so that would be my recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding   Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 6:04 am

You'll have to take both events apart, friend, because although they both rely on making teams and managing your DC, the mechanics involved are extermely different from one another.

Equals told a lot already, so i'll focus on what wasn't said:

Colo:

- Units use their Quest skills, not Arena skills such as Iron Wall, or your Robert's Nerve Strike. A unit with only one Arena skill will fight as having no Quest skills at all, so don't bring such units to Colo;

- Units with two Quest skills (like Slow/Attack Boost) will randomly use one of the 2, and never both in the same turn:

- If a unit activates Poison while there was another one active on the enemy team, it will replace the previous one, therefore i only advise bringing a maximum of two poison units, considering the units you use from allies as well, so if many of your allies bring Poison leaders, don't rely on those too much and focus on other skills like Slow.

Arena:

- IW units are best to avoid Area Effect attacks than avoiding direct attacks, and equals has mentioned the reason;

- Poison units work as a counter to units with multiple attacks such as Triple Attack, because their total damage from the strikes are close to the original value, yet the poison damage suffered remains the same.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding   Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:25 am

I'll agree with whats said above and re-say you'll need to think about your colo and arena team as two separate beasts.... and i know more about colo so here are my thoughts for you

For your colo team (well both for now) you'll want to build around Closer and with your current setup your best team is:
Closer - 6* - B Pois
Promes - 5* - C Slow
Curious - 5* - C KB
Apsara - 5* - C KB
Ruse - 5* - C Pois
Having Closer you really want to try and find 1 other cheap 6* B speeds like Paris & Rein and you could probably pick both up for 20te each and then, maybe focus on Rein so you dont double up on the poison and try and get him for 10-15te. Once you get one of them you have two power hitters that are really fast and 3 spots, I would suggest getting one more 6* of at least C speed (will have to be 25 DC or lower to fit) and then two 10 DC B speed 4*s with KB's. This would be a super powerful Colo team, 2 fast heavies, 2 fast KB's and then what ever your can find as a closer... and honestly if you have all 6* allies your last spot will probably never come up.
Back to top Go down
TechBroManSir

TechBroManSir

PostSubject: Re: Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding   Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:58 am

Thanks for all the info and advice. I'm working on getting more Pots and TE and maxing some 4 stars to trade up for one of the cheaper 6 stars. I'm halfway to getting a Hero Points 5 star, and was originally thinking Securis for a 5* tank but Praline or the new unit, Sandra, might be better. Finding HP values is tough, but I'm guessing higher DC is generally more HP. Could also forgo even more melees and get Lumiere. Could use a decent magic unit.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding   Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:02 pm

dont spend your hero points on a crappy 5*. They would be put to a much better use by buying te/pots(p) and then using those to grind or rank a 6*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding   Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena/Colosseum Teambuilding
Page 1 of 1