Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?

Go down 
+4
Vaati
ggorrell77
Ghost_Star
BlueInfyn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueInfyn

BlueInfyn

Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? Empty
PostSubject: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:33 pm

So I decided to do the Starter Pack and I got Oskar, Bloodmancer.

He's a bloody 30 Cost 4*. That seriously hinders a Guild Team if I were to put him in for the GP boost. I have most all 20 Costs with a 25 in there, and a 10 Tarte and 15 Tanith. I'd be able to put him in if I wanted a team of 9, but I just don't see the benefit of that.

So what do you guys think? Does Oskar have some secret use? He has no stats anywhere I can see, so I assume we're the first to get him. What about 30 costs in general? What advantage do they have over two lesser?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:42 pm

put him in against a base and see what his bt bonus is ^^
Back to top Go down
BlueInfyn

BlueInfyn

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
put him in against a base and see what his bt bonus is ^^
But is that worth it? Losing two potential hitters/defenders for a risk like that?
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:47 pm

At 30 DC he probably has more health then your 20, 25 DC units. The main advantage of event units is GP generation. This morning I hit the opponent ship for 34k with Ethelred and 4 6*s. Swapping in a 4* event unit for one of the 6*s increase that to 46k. So even a 4* event unit will increase GP generation by about 30% when you hit the ship.

If you are not hitting the ship, the advantage is fairly minimal (more HP and damage).
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:58 pm

well, heres the thing, yea hes going to be completely useless when breaking down the other teams def, however you can swap people into your team AT ANY TIME, also you can, in theory have just 5 people total in your 10 spots all with 30 dc, and the event 4* i think gives more bt than a mlb 6* so its worth it as long as you can get him in before a def goes back up to hit the base your ahead, big time.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 5:23 am

Well, let's consider his assets. His Critical Shot can deal a whole lot more of damage, and if you couple that with the high attack from both his high DC cost and his Event buffs, he's a force to be reckoned with (until an IW halts his rampage).

In other words, if you can level him to 100 up to half of the event, he can replace any unit up to 25 DC and 5* (aproximatly). If your heavy hitters are 6*, consider other alternatives. If you can't fully level him up to half of the event, he's not a solid option unless your units aren't all at max level.

In my case, since i've won Oskar too, my heavy hitters are 2 6* and a 25DC 5*. Out of the 4* that coud have dropped to me and fill any other slot, i had to get the worseless option in my case, out of 4 options (the other four are "bloody rare" ).
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:09 am

The 4* event units definately give more points then a mlb 6* when attacking the ship (about 12-13k more). Not sure if it is a percentage or a straight boost.

My team of mlbEthelred, mlbMonica, mlbParis, mlbMorticia, and maxOdoacar hits the ship for about 51k points when on offence, and 48k from the middle row.

Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:54 am

gorrell, you're missing the point. We're discussing on Oskar and his 30 DC cost, not Odoacar with his 15 cost points.

I was evaluating in what terms would Oskar be worthwhile with his huge Cost, considering that many heavy 6* hitters are 25-30 of cost, so having Oskar would trouble that strategy.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 am

Vaati wrote:
gorrell, you're missing the point. We're discussing on Oskar and his 30 DC cost, not Odoacar with his 15 cost points.

I was evaluating in what terms would Oskar be worthwhile with his huge Cost, considering that many heavy 6* hitters are 25-30 of cost, so having Oskar would trouble that strategy.
the amount of BT that you get for using a event 4*, regardless of the cost, vastly overshadows the BT gain of any normal mlb 6*, but only when hitting the base. Make room for him.
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
Vaati wrote:

the amount of BT that you get for using a event 4*, regardless of the cost, vastly overshadows the BT gain of any normal mlb 6*, but only when hitting the base. Make room for him.
Exactly. If you expect to be hitting the base at all, he is worth having. If you plan to play exclusively defence, then he is not important.
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 6:13 pm

All event units have their uses for their respective event....a BIG bonus.

Yes, he might cost 30DC, but the trade-off is one you will have to take. Although I find GA to be more DC friendly as you are allowed more units (with an average 20DC cost) compared to other events. I usually find myself NOT having 10 units that are fully leveled and ready, so many becomes just random fillers.

After the event tho, yes, Oskar will be completely useless (well, not completely, but mostly)...just like how Ghenna was after his event.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:22 pm

ggorrell77 wrote:
The 4* event units definately give more points then a mlb 6* when attacking the ship (about 12-13k more). Not sure if it is a percentage or a straight boost.

My team of mlbEthelred, mlbMonica, mlbParis, mlbMorticia, and maxOdoacar hits the ship for about 51k points when on offence, and 48k from the middle row.

Having an event unit on your team is a % boost.  The highest one takes effect, multiple event units do not stack.

Total Attack Power * (Event Unit Bonus) = GP Point Generation

Total Attack Power is not a 1:1 conversion for GP Point Generation.

There is also a possibility it may not be linear and may have decreasing values past a certain point (Untested, just pure speculation)
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 3:09 am

while we on this topic, should the level of the event unit make any different?
ie a 4* level 1 or 4* level 80?
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 am

I've been leveling my odoacar during this event. And I mean actually during some battles as well. Going from lvl 40 to lvl 41 gave either my first or second string a whopping additional 10 gp when attacking the ship. Ie 38666-38676 and 34052-34062. Swapping him out of my 1st string line up for a lvl 85 nail gave me a score almost 10,000 gp less.

Well worth using an event unit, even I high cost one. I'm using a lvl 30 tarte as filler myself lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?   Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oskar, Bloodmancer - Does 30 Costs have any use?
Page 1 of 1