Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing

Go down 
+3
matakaw
Onisunit
Yuan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing Empty
PostSubject: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Last topic on this game was back in 2012 so I figured it's time to start a new thread~.

Just picked it up as something to get me away from Fantasica, making an attempt to go in as a free player and so far, so good.

Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing 250px-Story18

Features:

• No trade system = no economy to compete with (but also means RNG can be crippling).
  • Characters with personality and storylines to match events.
  • Pretty art, good music.
  • Doesn't seem TOO heavily pay-to-win, although pay-to-win is always a feature of these games.
  • Events appear to be a bit more spaced out than in Fanta so you're not constantly smothered by them.

So far it's somewhat relaxing and not nearly as time-demanding as Fantasica has gotten so I've been playing around with a bit. I guess after a few weeks I'll see how pay-to-win it really is.

If you want to check it out my name in game is 'Yuan', I'll ally with you :3 Also my referral ID is 'Wibblefox', it will net you a special summon ticket. If you're already playing I'll try to make room for you too.
Back to top Go down
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆
Onisunit

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:36 am

Good game...been playing a few months now!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:34 am

I played that too but I can't logged in to FB when I registered my account. This is sad.
Back to top Go down
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆
Hyouzanryu

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:34 am

Hey! I just started playing this game this week. I've moved on from Fanta as well, and I'm playing some other card app games that require way less commitment and cha-ching ba-bling. 

I have to be honest though, this game is not my favorite card app, as the format has a lot of similarities to Marvel: War of Heroes (and we all know how dreadful that game is lol). However, it is great for playing casually, like you mentioned. 

Hit me up if ya want, my nickname is Hyouzanryu.
Back to top Go down
fwooshers

fwooshers

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:22 am

Yuan wrote:

Features:

• No trade system = no economy to compete with (but also means RNG can be crippling).
  • Characters with personality and storylines to match events.
  • Pretty art, good music.
  • Doesn't seem TOO heavily pay-to-win, although pay-to-win is always a feature of these games.

• Events appear to be a bit more spaced out than in Fanta so you're not constantly smothered by them.
I don't want to be -that- guy, but..

As a former player...... I have to disagree. Also, its by Zynga... sooo... yea. I'll just leave it at there.

The game is fun tho, don't get me wrong. I quit coz i didnt have any friends playing, and it was lonely :c

I'd go back again but im juggling both D.O.T and fanta v_v
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:00 am

Yeah, after playing for about a week I think I'm going to toss it too. The problem being that no trading means that certain event rewards will never be obtainable unless you drop loads of cash! Nope!

On the other hand been having a LOT of fun with Devil Maker Tokyo.
Back to top Go down
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆
Hyouzanryu

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:17 am

Yuan wrote:
Yeah, after playing for about a week I think I'm going to toss it too. The problem being that no trading means that certain event rewards will never be obtainable unless you drop loads of cash! Nope!

So I'm actually gonna keep on with Ayakashi for now. I recently got the Rat Clan Boss (dashing fellow he is), and just pulled a tranmigrate-able Nyx, so I'm actually enjoying it haha. Also not looking to play on any competitive level, so just keepin' it casual. And of course, definitely sticking as a casual F2P player, along with DMT (I've learned my lesson from Fanta on hardcore playing/ spending $$$ on games). But yeah did you end up dropping Ayakashi?
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:59 am

Yuan wrote:

I don't want to be *that* guy, but DMT leans quite a bit towards p2w, although not to the extent that AGG and Fanta are.  After you use up your initial supply of Premium tickets, unless you got some uber pulls from them, prepare to drop money on the game or spend weeks/months to advance.

It's because the evo system is very unforgiving.
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:56 am

Yeah I've dropped Ayakashi for now mostly because DMT is a bit more fun. I'm not entirely too worried about it, I actually got a couple of nice pulls and they do 2x gold events semi-frequently so if I'm tempted to spend money I can at least wait.

No more buying $30 card packs like I did in Fanta, that's for sure.

Might pick up Ayakashi again when I have more time on my hands since it's really charming.
Back to top Go down
jmoon10
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:42 pm

I am a former player of Ayakashi Ghost Guild - this was actually my first TCAAP card game that I played. It's a fun game and definitely has some great elements. It's a bit slower than Fantasica so gives you some breathing space with events and what not. I also LOVE the artwork on the cards.

But moving on...there were a couple of major issues that brought me to move on from the game.

1. No trading - This really killed it for me. In this game, their 3 star cards are equivalent to Fantasica's 4 star cards, 4 star cards equivalent to Fantasica's 5 star cards, and their rarest 5 star cards being equivalent to Fantasica's 6 star cards. Their pulls are JUST as bad as Fantasica's card packs. You spend 3000 gold (27.99) to draw 6 cards, and you'll end up with 6 3 Star cards (Maybe 1 4 Star card if you're lucky).

At least in Fantasica, even if you pull crap to decent cards that you have no use for, you can level them up and trade them for other cards or currency. In Ayakashi, there's no use for these cards especially once you get your hands on good 4 and 5 Star cards. You can keep them stashed away, or use them as feeders (which IMO is a complete waste, because no feeder is worth spending that much real money).

I ended up getting lucky and getting my hands on 2 5 star cards through pulls. At that point, even the majority of 4 Star cards became worthless (Just like most of Fantasica's 5 star cards) and I had reached a level where I essentially could only compete by spending to progress forward. Unfortunately, there was NO way for me to get my hands on other 5 Star cards seeing as there was no trading allowed.

So long story short, it's a fun game to enjoy but when you really begin to move forward in the game, the only way to continue enjoying the game while competing is to obtain 5 Star cards, which are only acheivable through the packs or events (which I did not have the time to grind for back than)

2. No interaction with other players. Seeing as how trading is not enabled, there is really no interaction between your allies. It's more of a solo card game.

3. The other reason that pulled me away is the lag in the game. NOt sure if it was my phone specifically, but the interface was always slow and would lag in the game - I would start scrolling down the page and be brought back up to the top. Got really annoying after a while.

Back to top Go down
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆
Hyouzanryu

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:54 pm

jmoon10 wrote:

So long story short, it's a fun game to enjoy but when you really begin to move forward in the game, the only way to continue enjoying the game while competing is to obtain 5 Star cards, which are only acheivable through the packs or events (which I did not have the time to grind for back than)
This point you made here is why I actually left Fantasica lol. Yeah Fanta has the trading, but let's face it, 4* and 5* are completely worthless now in this game, with the exception of maybe the ones from way back in the day. What I'm looking for in Ayakashi is definitely not on the intensity level as it was with Fantasica, but I've definitely already noticed the comparison you made with the card rarities, as well as how much they tempt you to spend $$$ like in Fantasica. But hey, with every TCG/CCG app out there, paying up is the name of the game if you really want to stay on top.

jmoon10 wrote:

3. The other reason that pulled me away is the lag in the game. NOt sure if it was my phone specifically, but the interface was always slow and would lag in the game - I would start scrolling down the page and be brought back up to the top. Got really annoying after a while.
Yeah the interface is definitely not user-friendly, especially when it comes to fusion and making feeders -__-
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 pm

The party-making interface in Ayakashi is also very intuitive. I still really love the music and overall style of the game, it's a shame it's not more fun.
Back to top Go down
jmoon10
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:25 am

Apart from trading, interface is a big problem in this game, they really need to update it unless they have already done so since I last checked in about a month ago. i also know that they added the Guild feature recently (around the time I quit) so hopefully there is more interaction between the allies there Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing   Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ayakashi Ghost Guild - Now Playing
Page 1 of 1