Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Gaming the System?

Go down 
+3
xbLux
memphiskite
liquidleks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liquidleks

Gaming the System? Empty
PostSubject: Gaming the System?   Gaming the System? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm under the impression guilds will be matched up based on how they have been doing ("paired against a similarly ranked guild"). The Archibald(7*) reward is based on win count, so win count seems to be a high priority.

To maximize win count, could players (with teams of 6*s) drop their guilds towards the later matches (avoiding the tougher battles) and join terrible guilds that will have easy match-ups for the rest of the way? Wouldn't this make getting wins easier, and therefore make getting the 7* reward easier?

Would this work?
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

Gaming the System? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming the System?   Gaming the System? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:24 pm

I don't think so. We only have a certain number of battles to get the certain numbers of wins, which is enough to put pressure on.... pretty much everyone.
Plus the top teams don't like the idea of losing either....

If you throw free $1,000 worth of cash at their faces, they might want to lose their matches for ya...
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

Gaming the System? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming the System?   Gaming the System? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 pm

There is a timer to prevent guild hopping.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

Gaming the System? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming the System?   Gaming the System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 am

Which only prevents 1 battle. So they would still have room for 2 helps before joining on their guild on the final battle.

Checking things though, 2 wins isn't such a BIG help, considering that the cards require a big number of wins (mind you that only the 4* is require less than 50% of victories considering total attendance).
Back to top Go down
McRities

McRities

Gaming the System? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming the System?   Gaming the System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 pm

They could also do something as simple as pair you based on the wins of the member of your team with the highest number of wins. So you hop to a crappy guild, but have 20 wins under your belt...and then get steamrolled when your bad guild fights another 20 win guild.
Back to top Go down
Terecon

Gaming the System? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming the System?   Gaming the System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Or they hopefully reset your win count to zero if you leave your guild. That'll prevent people from guild hopping.
Back to top Go down
Aroth1987

Aroth1987

Gaming the System? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming the System?   Gaming the System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 pm

^ This
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gaming the System? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming the System?   Gaming the System? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaming the System?
Page 1 of 1