Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Healthy Food Secrets

Go down 
+5
LivingNexus
BarbaricBeast
Aniwo
KuroStar
lmnseason
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

Healthy Food Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:50 pm

I would like to start a thread not just about life but something that we can use to educate each other about food.

I am a chef and I take pride with my job. I have been against genetically modified food for years and I have been all about being healthy.

I would like to take my part of trying to change the world. Today, many people don't know how to take care of themselves. Over 80% of Americans are overweight.

Let's talk about the important stuffs.

Quote :
Tap water contains fluoride. This is a chemical used in our toothpaste but it is also the chemical used for rat poisons. This is why it is important to boil tap water before drinking. Your pineal gland is the most important part of your body for it is the one responsible of you seeing through your self and responsible for self cultivation. Fluoride is a very dangerous chemical that eventually will put your pineal gland dead or inactive.

Quote :
Microwaving your food is actually making your food more of a cancer agent. Heat your food properly. Even with a healthy food can become cancerous within the radiation of a microwave.

Quote :
Diet drinks are the worst source of sweetening. All artificial sweeteners are basically agents that your body may have trouble ejecting. Consuming natural sugar is a better deal because they are easier to use up or get rid of. Sugar from fruits are also easier to get rid of. In our world today, they say that sweeteners are healthy but in the long run, they can cause you really greater damage including brain damage.

Quote :
People say that you should watch out for calories. They are wrong. I consume a huge amount of calories every day but I manage my weight. How do I do this? I consume very little sugar but at the same time I consistently use an equal energy. Sugar is an agent that turns into fat compared to calories that is used as an energy before it turns to fat. If you cut down the sugar and be active everyday, you don't have to worry about being overweight.

Quote :
GM or genetically modified foods are not healthy for you. Girls eating are likely to have kids allergic to many things. Our body has a natural food detector that tells which is safe and which is not safe. When our body can not identify an agent, it attacks it. When you alter the gene of a food, it always have the result that it becomes an alien agent to a person's body eating the food. Rather than digesting it's nutrients, the body ends up battling it and the host becomes ill.

Quote :
Mushrooms are an all-around good nutrients. They are good for your metabolism and also heavily loaded with antioxidants. It also a good source of potassium just as a banana. Eat your mushrooms and you will grow healthy.

Quote :
Rice from U.S. are bad for you. Why? They contain arsenic and brown rice has the highest content.

Quote :
Moringa is not a fruit nor a vegetable. It is a tree with a very high content of nutrients. It gives natural energy and a very superb level of antitoxin. This by far is what we call the true miracle tree.

Share what you learned and let's make a great healthy lifestyle reference for each and everyone.

Last edited by lmnseason on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:46 am

You are a chef?!
Go cook some scrumptious food and make us all hungry by posting their pics in the General Chat.
Very Happy Laughing

For me, I am actually... SEVERELY UNDERWEIGHT ( and i steal the most food in my family... wait wut? O_O ) T_T
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:37 am

Nice thread!

I agree with lmnseason totally on that: all calories counting being bullshit! Just trying to eat clean and avoiding sugar (or avoiding lots of carbs in general) is fine. Sugar and carbs are "easy energy" for the metabolism, but problem is that most of our 21th century lifestyles don't need that extra.

I'm more familiar to mediterranian cuisine than anything else since i'm a north-eastern spaniard. If someone has visited our country will know that we eat a lot here, lots of meat and lots of fish mostly, and some veggies to give colour to the dishes. Haven't been in america but I have been in other places of Europe, my impressions about foreing cuisine is that rations maybe are smaller but they are always like deep fried, batter coted...etc. Oh, and I love asian food, I do some sushi cravings sometimes Laughing I'm not a lot into fizzy drinks(cola or soda) but I sure swallow many cups of wine as well at the end of the week.

PS: I'm mostly a carnivore, I'd rather eat a couple or three steaks with some leafs of lettuce than one hamburger with chips, bread, ketchup... etc. Maybe it's more caloric but I swear you it's healthier.

PS2: I used to work in a restaurant too lmnseason! Was a kitchen assistant, and cooking is still now one of my hobbies ^^.

KuroStar wrote:
You are a chef?!
Go cook some scrumptious food and make us all hungry by posting their pics in the General Chat.
Very Happy Laughing

My thoughts exactly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:08 am

Having a salmon party within the next few weeks. I'll post the dishes. Wink
Back to top Go down
BarbaricBeast
☆☆
BarbaricBeast

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am

I usually stick to brown rice, tuna and eggs. Fairly healthy overall and it fits in with my 'broke college student' budget
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:30 pm

Flouride isn't the only toxic chemical in your water, I assure you. Neutral

I'm lucky enough to have inherited a water distiller from my aunt when she moved out of state, so nearly all the water I drink is distilled. Exceptions are when I buy a bottle of water while I'm out running errands or I have to take a quick sip from a water fountain (not a good idea).

My diet does contain a large amount of carbs, and often sugar, but that's mainly because I'm an extremely picky eater on a budget. I did cut out sugar almost completely for two weeks and didn't really notice a difference in my mood or energy level, so I'm assuming that I'm consuming an amount of sugar that's appropriate for me.

One thing people don't often realize is that, legally, grocery stores are not allowed to sell any juice that has not been pasteurized (i.e. brought up to boiling point to kill germs), which denatures a lot of the nutrients and enzymes usually present in juice. If you need juice, It's much better to buy a juicer and make your own, unless you really can't afford to be buying fresh fruit every week (like me).

I also heard, from anecdotal sources mind you, that when protein like that in protein powders is also denatured and electrochemically inactive,meaning it basically just sits in your gut.

Also, "organic" is just a label, not necessarily an indicator of quality. However, many companies interested in using the "organic" label do use better processing methods and are at least LESS processed than their non-"organic" counterparts. They also tend to taste a lot better, which is why I buy organic stuff.
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Yogurt is healthy.
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 6:22 pm

It's also...kinda gross to think about objectively.
Back to top Go down
BarbaricBeast
☆☆
BarbaricBeast

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:08 pm

i just ate some yogurt, actually. red velvet yoplait
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:09 pm

LivingNexus wrote:
It's also...kinda gross to think about objectively.
HOW DARE YOU! D:
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:14 pm

I was talking about the food, not you! XD
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:21 pm

HMPH.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:09 am

Added some surprising pointers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 am

mushroom....

mushroom!!!

I liek mushroom..

maybe you can add some trivia about honey..

It's one of the most healthy thing I ever eat in my whole life :V
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Esofonic wrote:
mushroom....

mushroom!!!

I liek mushroom..

maybe you can add some trivia about honey..

It's one of the most healthy thing I ever eat in my whole life :V

Honey is good for you. Many make the mistake of making honey tea tho. Most people put hot water with honey but that is just what kills the nutrients. You're supposed to put warm water to gain the benefits.
Back to top Go down
blake11189

blake11189

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:43 pm

I often throw a pineapple in with my crawfish boils Cool
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Can't I eat strawberries cause I like eating them...? :T
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 pm

memphiskite wrote:
Can't I eat strawberries cause I like eating them...? :T
fruits are good for vitamins. their sugar is also easy to burn.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0CQrL5nzwo

Good to watch about the current American food today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Food Secrets   Healthy Food Secrets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Healthy Food Secrets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: