Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]

Go down 
+6
clocksprocket
Soggytoaster
Ghost_Star
deedlit228
DivideByZero
predator852
10 posters
AuthorMessage
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] Empty
PostSubject: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 am

Thanks everyone for their assistance so far. I guess the only thing to do now is take every thread that belongs in the research lab for now and move it on over.

So, I'll list all the threads I plan on moving, and give everyone until Saturday morning to either approve or dent the movement of their thread. Those who do not get approved or denied will be moved (I can always move them back later).

Once again, there's no harm in denying your threads movement. If you don't want it moved, just say so.

The List:

Arena Damage Data Calculation themadmanazn

Party Advice digitalsynner

Arena Team Creation Guide chaosbladeuk

4* Feeders should be sold at level 38 Colaleon *Still needs to be objectified*

Speed up a rank nocturned

Best Training Mission for SSS Kaadan

DPS Tables BkWiz

Pearls of Wisdom from Trading aubade888

Helping New Players Lmnseason *I see your new player guide in the encyclopedia, any way you could copy/paste that into this thread as well?*

Card Enhancement Thread Crowex *I pretty much moniter this thread, so I'll just go ahead and Okay that one!*

Panel Event BT Calc Crowex

Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 Lares

I've also got a bunch of On-the-fence threads. I won't make arguments for or against them. I'm just gonna say they all caught my eye and think they should be given at least a second look. Anyone particularly for or against any of these threads being added:

Community Card Tier List Ariesthecat37

Arena Hitpoint Calculation Predator852

Tell Me your Ticket Results elksterPT

A Little thought about Game Economy jwoohoo

Game Mechanic Suggestions/List Predator852

Units/Cards W/Like Names xtaroux

New Best Training Area Blargod

Need Help on Setting Up Defense Hadrael

Last edited by predator852 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:49 pm

BKWiz's DPS tables is a good nomination, IMO.
Back to top Go down
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:35 pm

My nomination goes to Colaleon's "4* feeders should be sold at level 38" thread.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm

deedlit228 wrote:
My nomination goes to Colaleon's "4* feeders should be sold at level 38" thread.

While there is some good data in there in regards to exp value of cards that thread is mostly just passin around the cool aid... i would think the research should remain un biased info only.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
deedlit228 wrote:

While there is some good data in there in regards to exp value of cards that thread is mostly just passin around the cool aid... i would think the research should remain un biased info only.

How is this info biased? It improves the quality of feeders for both buyers and sellers.
Buyers get more xp worth of cards for cheaper while sellers get more te and have an
easier time creating the feeders.

I am not trying to have a go at you, I am just curious is all.
Perhaps I missed something xD
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Yeah, what? If you read the first post, it has a lot of information and *unbiased math* which clearly lays out how the whole level 38 feeder thing was reached. I thought it was a pretty cool thread, actually.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Soggytoaster wrote:

How is this info biased? It improves the quality of feeders for both buyers and sellers.
Buyers get more xp worth of cards for cheaper while sellers get more te and have an

clocksprocket wrote:
Yeah, what? If you read the first post, it has a lot of information and *unbiased math* which clearly lays out how the whole level 38 feeder thing was reached. I thought it was a pretty cool thread, actually.
I'm not saying the thread isnt good or there isnt good math in there, and i did not mean to infer the math was biased in anyway, i like the points it makes and i think that should all be there but the point is seems to drive home... It just seems like the thread is creating a bandwagon and although logically its a great point to make...

Math and reasoning behind a level 38 4* providing half the exp of a max 4* with a lot less resources burned to get it there - sweet, good stuff, i like, definitely worthy of broadcasting

Saying we must all now sell at 3 te and no one should put the effort into maxing (i know it doesnt say this out right but, its the feeling i get) - cool aid, great for discussion thread but maybe should be filtered out for the research thread

savy?

edit:
really 99.9% of that thread i agree should go in there i just take issue with:
Colaleon wrote:
My new mission in life is to get everyone on this forum to sell their 4* feeders at level 38 for 3 TE, instead of selling them at level 80 for 8 TE. Here's how you can help:
1) Sell your 4* feeders at level 38 for 3 TE
2) Point your friends to this topic
3) SPREAD THE WORD (yes, I know this is the same as the previous point, but it never hurts to emphasize)
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 pm

There is some kind of rate differential on training. While some of us are having trouble getting a bear at 10-4, others are getting them quite a bit consistently. My new account is getting a fair amount while my main account is getting a pointless amount. I think it's a good idea to see the rates of each level for some training grounds. I still don't get if this is a coincidence or a type of level difference.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:

clocksprocket wrote:
I'm not saying the thread isnt good or there isnt good math in there, and i did not mean to infer the math was biased in anyway, i like the points it makes and i think that should all be there but the point is seems to drive home... It just seems like the thread is creating a bandwagon and although logically its a great point to make...

Math and reasoning behind a level 38 4* providing half the exp of a max 4* with a lot less resources burned to get it there - sweet, good stuff, i like, definitely worthy of broadcasting

Saying we must all now sell at 3 te and no one should put the effort into maxing (i know it doesnt say this out right but, its the feeling i get) - cool aid, great for discussion thread but maybe should be filtered out for the research thread

savy?

edit:
really 99.9% of that thread i agree should go in there i just take issue with:
Colaleon wrote:
My new mission in life is to get everyone on this forum to sell their 4* feeders at level 38 for 3 TE, instead of selling them at level 80 for 8 TE. Here's how you can help:
1) Sell your 4* feeders at level 38 for 3 TE
2) Point your friends to this topic
3) SPREAD THE WORD (yes, I know this is the same as the previous point, but it never hurts to emphasize)

Understandable Ghost.
I have read and applied the data from that thread. I level my cards to 40 not 38
and I also sell them at either 2 or 3 te depending on how good my buyer is at
haggling. I don't do exactly what it tells me, I do use it as a guide however.
Perhaps if Colaleon wants the information in the Research Lab in the future he
may have to remove certain parts of the thread. At any rate it would be a worthy
addition to the Research lab.
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 am

I had originally intended for the topic to be informative rather than argumentive. It was even posted as an informative topic and had the title "Price calculations for units at different levels". It was only after another user (bleachcosplay) started theorizing about what level it would be most efficient for him to sell his 4*s at that I started thinking about what would be the best compromise if you look at it from both the buyer's and the seller's perspective. At that point, I rewrote my topic to be more argumentive.

I wouldn't mind rewriting the topic again to a completely unbiased form. Perhaps it would be an even better idea to post a new topic instead, so the discussion that has been going on about which level 4* feeders should be sold at can continue in the current topic. What do you guys think I should do?
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:42 am

Browsing through the Game Discussion section and the Encyclopedia, here are some other topic that should be considered for the Research Lab:

Everything anyone would ever need to know about CARD ENHANCEMENT (posted by Crowex, contributions from Dannupa, Jdog84jj and Kyaaya)

Struesdell's Tier Lists [11/3/12] (by clocksprocket. needs updating!) (this topic was continued from Struesdell's Tier Lists [10/4/12], which was continued from Struesdell's Tier Lists, 9/28, which was continued from Struesdell's Theorycrafting)

Spreadsheet: Dnonamus' Unit strength list (by dnonamus) (discussion in Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem)

Predator's ranking guide (In progress) (by predator852)

Last edited by Colaleon on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 am

This post is to allow permission to move my Device Registration FAQ to the Research Lab if nominated or moved by the Moderators if need be.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:21 pm

KuroStar I was wondering, because Memph's FAQ is staying in Game discussion, would you like yours to stay there as well?

So far my working move list reads as follows:
Struess Tier List
Dnon Tier List
Everything bout Card Enhancement (a work compiled by many)
BK's DPS Guide
Colaleon's Exp Thread (provided he/she makes whatever changes/swaps nessasary to make it objective again)

You can continue to add nominations, and thanks for all the help sofar Smile
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Stop calling it my FAQ - it's the 'Forum FAQ' - F O R U M F A Q

All I did was put the questions and answers altogether somewhat neatly and you guys made it easy for people to click into it.

Razz

Btw, my nominations goes towards BkWiz's DPS guide and that enhancement guide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:52 am

predator852 wrote:
KuroStar I was wondering, because Memph's FAQ is staying in Game discussion, would you like yours to stay there as well?

So far my working move list reads as follows:
Struess Tier List
Dnon Tier List
Everything bout Card Enhancement (a work compiled by many)
BK's DPS Guide
Colaleon's Exp Thread (provided he/she makes whatever changes/swaps nessasary to make it objective again)

You can continue to add nominations, and thanks for all the help sofar Smile
Sure, I also think its not really that necessary to actually put in the Research Lab.
Frankly speaking, I'm not so sure myself.
You do have a point there so it will stay in the Game Discussion then Wink
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 pm

read the first post again if you havent already....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]   The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Research Lab [Working List Posted, PLEASE READ!]
Page 1 of 1