Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Helping new players

Go down 
+7
Soggytoaster
jacobhayes1234
Soulstalker
Blindwisdom
Onisunit
DivideByZero
lmnseason
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

Helping new players Empty
PostSubject: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 pm

I have created a new account so that I can bank cards faster. I came across a bunch of people scamming new players into buying stray cats, TE, Pots, sss, and etc for dirt cheap luna.

Although it's not my business, I find it that we who know better should just do what we can to help out these new players get a head start. I had to bunk some people out with their pricing.

I thought we should just simply spread the word about this forum and get the newbies informed well.

You guys got suggestions on the best way to help new players out?
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:44 am

I know of some people who simply give away 4☆ cards to new players. It's become way easier for new players to get higher level cards as well. Finishing Mina's Boot Camp in a week nets you a 4☆ Plus Ticket so you're guaranteed an okay card as long as you're willing to put in the effort.

The real problem is seasoned players stalk the rare card report and hope they get someone who is new to the game and pulled a rare card. They then prey on the lack of knowledge of the other party. I have seen offers of max Alexander for fresh pulled Monica on more than one occasion. D:

I hate to say it, but it's usually up to the player to figure out this stuff. A simple Google search will tell you the value of your card or send out a price check message to your allies to get their opinions. We even have spreadsheets detailing all the stats and another spreadsheet that gives trade values. I guess you can always just tell them about the forum and encourage them to join. Then hope word of mouth does the rest.
Back to top Go down
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆
Onisunit

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 am

WTT> Fresh Toad & Bear for Max Paris*
Back to top Go down
Blindwisdom

Blindwisdom

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:06 pm

DivideByZero wrote:
I know of some people who simply give away 4☆ cards to new players. It's become way easier for new players to get higher level cards as well. Finishing Mina's Boot Camp in a week nets you a 4☆ Plus Ticket so you're guaranteed an okay card as long as you're willing to put in the effort.

The real problem is seasoned players stalk the rare card report and hope they get someone who is new to the game and pulled a rare card. They then prey on the lack of knowledge of the other party. I have seen offers of max Alexander for fresh pulled Monica on more than one occasion. D:

I hate to say it, but it's usually up to the player to figure out this stuff. A simple Google search will tell you the value of your card or send out a price check message to your allies to get their opinions. We even have spreadsheets detailing all the stats and another spreadsheet that gives trade values. I guess you can always just tell them about the forum and encourage them to join. Then hope word of mouth does the rest.
wow never knew this . Now I know if a person msg coz of my rare pull I'll simply decline .
Back to top Go down
Soulstalker

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:26 pm

This is just another form of scamming. People will always try to take advantage of others if given the chance (especially if they think they can get away with it, because the player is new).

Just today, I saw a new player pull a 6* Monica... well as you can imagine, the floodgates opened and people were instantly trying to trade with this person. I don't know what the end result was, but I hope they weren't scammed into taking a lower quality 6* or worse.

EDIT TO ADD: I did warn this person not to take any trades, but his wall was being spammed so fast that he might not have seen it.
Back to top Go down
jacobhayes1234

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 pm

I got 10 4*'s in 7 days of starting. There are plenty of legit people out there offering new players things.

I got 4 x 4*'s Fresh for 3TE and 2xLvl 30 4*'s for 3 TE. Having access to leveled card in the early stages made my progress so much faster. Not to mention some llvl 100 allies!
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:09 am

Someone offered me two fresh 4* cards for my 5* Sheryl when I pulled her from
my one and only pack I bought. This was when I was only a few game days old.
So sad that people try to take advantage like that.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 am

jacobhayes1234 wrote:
I got 10 4*'s in 7 days of starting. There are plenty of legit people out there offering new players things.

I got 4 x 4*'s Fresh for 3TE and 2xLvl 30 4*'s for 3 TE. Having access to leveled card in the early stages made my progress so much faster. Not to mention some llvl 100 allies!

Right now, people are selling a set of 4* for 3-4TE. Some sell 3 or 4 4* for 2TE. Some people even value them at .5 TE now which is dafuuuuuuuuuq...
Back to top Go down
jacobhayes1234

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:21 pm

As far as I'm concerned, they are worth 1TE as that's what the general thought on it seems. Nearly hit max level with my leader D: 5 levels to get today!
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 pm

This is only tangentially what you are asking but I have an idea. The current event doesn't seem really popular. Last night I saw a lot of people complaining that they were the only 5* or 6* person on their team, no one else on their team was really working it, etc. But maybe this current event is a great opportunity for us to help newer players since we are now on a team with a bunch of random people, and many of them seem new or very casual/low level players. Use this as opportunity to get to know those people on your team, give them good advice, cheer them on, etc. I think if newer players feel part of a team that goes beyond their 20 similarly low-level allies, and see someone of a higher level interacting positively with them, maybe they will be more likely to stay in the game. And you develop a relationship or maybe even ally with one or two of them, and they now have a good higher level player they can ask for advice in the future.
Back to top Go down
HighClassTopHat

HighClassTopHat

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:31 pm

It's a nice sentiment, I agree. I saw someone (on my Star Maiden team, no less) who got conned into buying a fresh Antony for 3 TE. I mean, I'm not very well versed on pricing myself, but I know he's not worth that much if people are giving away entire sets of 4* for that much.

I like this idea - it's not as if I'm using all 30 of my ally slots all the time, anyway. I added one of my other teammates, who had Yuriya but was only on chapter 9 quests, as an ally. Honestly, I'd rather have allies that actually communicate than just flat-out high level allies.
Back to top Go down
http://highclasstophat.tumblr.com
jacobhayes1234

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Nothing wrong with speed leveling mind! I spam my friends walls and level as fast as I can.
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:44 pm

I tried to help out a new player, even allied them, and they managed to get a Dease from someone who was quitting. Then some schmuck came on with the hard sell, trading all kinds of 4* units and even though I told this new player, "walk away, he's seriously low balling you" they caved. It was really sad because they loved Dease. I tried to tell them a life lesson here. If someone is pressuring to make a sale/trade or giving you a sob story, they are trying to cheat you. This jerk played the whole "it's a really good deal. I'm only giving it to you because I have a friend who really wanted Dease.". This kind hearted player gave up something they really liked because some jerk convinced them that they were the jerk for not taking the deal.

Remember, there are a lot of good people out there, but the good ones will NEVER try to use your own kind heart as a way to get to you. Don't let them turn your virtue into a weapon against you.

Ultimately, a lot of players are young and don't have a lot of life experience. It may be good for them to learn that there are wolves and thieves out there who will say anything to get what they want. It may be good for them to learn that in a game, instead of out there on the street.
Back to top Go down
Kimika9394

Kimika9394

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 am

Sigh yes I've seen many many cases lately... especially when new players pull a 6* with their first 4* Ticket from the Mina Camp Event...
The only thing which saved them from getting their Alvidas, Manfreds and Paris' from getting stolen was literally their low player level...
Though at the same time, I've seen certain players who were actively warning those new players on their walls effectively by telling them, that they are being scammed... so ultimately I think that there is definitely some movements going on in the game community... good for them I guess =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping new players   Helping new players I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helping new players
Page 1 of 1