Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing

Go down 
+20
Callanthe
tales
LivingNexus
PPM
HoundR
boy_from_asension
Kyte
Admin
Valkrieys
The6thToe
wowyogurt
Ghostics
themadmanazn
Cuny
chris58jo
KeyBlade
NotAPieceOfPie
tav1990
heartunderbiade
aubade888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆
Callanthe

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:22 am

Here is the last post in a spoiler just so it takes less space...
Spoiler:
For everyone who doesn't feel like engaging in pointless analysis of an anime... or were just scared/annoyed/pissed at the long post above...

TL;DR What is cyberpunk and how does the show Psycho-Pass relate to it? Well, who gives a crap about that? Going back to the show itself:

What is your opinion of the show so far, from these 4 episodes? What is great and what could be improved on? Would you keep watching if you had the time + energy?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how annoying is Akane?
1 = most likeable character ever
10 = most annoying naive cop character...in the history of naive cop characters

On a scale of 1 to 10, how badass is Shinya?
1 = badass
10 = badass

Last edited by Callanthe on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 6:01 am

so cyberpunk is the new anime for this week?
Back to top Go down
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆
NotAPieceOfPie

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:48 am

Callanthe wrote:

1 = badass
10 = badass

Akane needs a little love. I'd say 4.

As for Shinya, 3. I've seen ... more Wink
Back to top Go down
KeyBlade

KeyBlade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:09 pm

I've only been able to watch the first 2 episodes! D:

I'm absolutely loving what I've watched so far and I'll definitely be watching more.

My initial impressions...
Akane: 1
Shinya's Badass Level: Over 9000
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/gunblade
The6thToe
☆☆
The6thToe

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 1:27 am

Pretty good pick this week and it looks like it's still ongoing? Dammit more things i need to watch now tongue although this kind of stuff isn't my usual fare. I prefer my morality in black and white. Lol. Wonder why you didn't include ep 3 in your recommendation, though. Not a bad episode, quite a bit of character development for our protagonists and there's a bit of explanation as to how the system actually works.

Quote :

1 = badass
10 = badass

So far Akane isn't too annoying. Hopefully she'll be more assertive as time goes on. Seems like she's heading that way: 4

But Shinya hasn't shown me too much in the way of badassery. Just the normal amount of neutralassery one needs for a job like his. Tomomi Masaoka's where it's at. Dem wily veteran skills. And he breathes fire! And he paints!! Old people are the best in anime always.

...and now to the tl;dr part:
Spoiler:

tl;dr (sorta): I'm a lazy bastard and want things done for me to make my life as easy as possible afro lol.
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 am

Is this still going on...?

First I'd like to say that I've definitely enjoyed watching Psycho Pass, and it's a series I plan to finish. I've watched up to episode 8 so far, and it's managed to stay fresh and interesting in every episode. The main character, Akane, being a fresh and somewhat clueless Inspector, serves as a convenient exposition device for the viewer to identify with. I haven't seen much character development from her (or any other characters really), but character development isn't the main draw of this anime.

Akane isn't really annoying, more than anything she's just kind of flat. Past the first episode you don't really see her exercise any strong convictions or state any strong opinions. Other than her choice to pursue law enforcement rather than one of the many other careers she showed aptitude for, nothing much about her stands out. She's very much still finding her way in the world, so some of that can be excused. Her personal self-discovery journey isn't really delved into much though.

Shall we move on?

Spoiler:

On a scale of 1 - 10, how annoying is Akane?
2 at best.

On a scale of 1 - 10, how badass is Shinya?
I'd say a definite 7 based on what I've seen so far, with a strong trend up depending on future episodes.

Last edited by LivingNexus on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hunkamajunka
☆☆☆
Hunkamajunka

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:08 pm

i didnt even know these discussion/contests existed lol
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Nice discussion guys! *closed* gonna ask cal who the winner is
Back to top Go down
KeyBlade

KeyBlade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:40 pm

I guess I'll watch more episodes of Psycho Pass until the next viewing huh? xD
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/gunblade
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Winner of this viewing: Living Nexus! Yay!
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 pm

I'd like to thank all the little people I stepped on to get here! :'D
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo

Watch it.

Right now.

I am.

Hopefully...
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
The6thToe
☆☆
The6thToe

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:05 am

but you gotta watch 1.0 and 2.0 so do that too. personally i'm just waiting till final is released so i can watch em all at once
Back to top Go down
Kc999ice

Kc999ice

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Assuming from the date posts i'd say this is over? Sad I would have liked to have gotten into this, saw an episode of psycho-pass in anime club, and the space one kinda makes me think of Blue Gender/Pacific Rim/ Evongellian Sad spell chck)
well then さよなら
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4