Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

D.O.T.

Go down 
+13
Aniwo
LatinLegacy
Uriel
Kyte
myad
Admin
The6thToe
themadmanazn
wadtomaton
clocksprocket
wilyone
ChibiLeen
predator852
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Yeah you're right heal does like nothing right now I'm just glad Hera has a monsterous defense stat.

And I put preempt on my powerful slow melee units, so if it Procs they usually preempt, slay a unit then get a second atttack (preempt does not replace normal attacks) and can kill again!!

And yeah for everyother damage move (flood smash spark etc.) IF they proc, they add some speed (either a base speed boost or multiplying the units speed by a certain amount) other than that it's all up to the units so flood all will only prc first if that units base speed is faster than the others.

And finally yeah if you're facing tanks don't use the middle unit first if it's a glass cannon. I always use my middle unit first because he's a boss and he has a 50% chance to proc I can't pass that up! But I usually make sure my first line includes someone with an (all) skill to try for sweep or softening...
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:05 am

So I blew like 20 nux bits and got into 3rd place. Score!

I'm guessing the next bracket is obviously more competitive. We'll see in the morning. Razz
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:08 am

clocksprocket wrote:
So I blew like 20 nux bits and got into 3rd place. Score!

I'm guessing the next bracket is obviously more competitive. We'll see in the morning. Razz

No you can still get lucky and get a mashup of people who just barely made it or spent all their nux bits making it where they are!!!
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 am

Bracket ended with me at 20k, the second place guy moved up to 10k.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Ah shit....I woke up to the top 3 all at more than 30k and the fourth at 18k...now I've gotta push -_-

Also Kyte: If you get promoted each bracket day then you will actually be in the top bracket twice, which gives you one epic from all the self fuses up to that bracket and 4 epics for getting number one both days!
Back to top Go down
Kyte
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Kyte

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 pm

=0 okay...having trouble now in current bracket lol...currently first player 200kish, 2nd is 170k ish I'm 100k ish omgggggg scary next and on brackets would probaly be even worse
Back to top Go down
The6thToe
☆☆
The6thToe

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 am

randomly decided to log into dot yesterday, and to my surprise i was in a total slacker bracket. #1 only had 5000pts with 30mins left so i went ahead and took #1 from him. but of course i started running into fights with people who have full epics so back at 0 win streak. ya win some ya lose some.
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 pm

So yesterday was the first day i couldn't advance in a bracket and had to "Stand still". I might not be able to advance today either unless I can get my timing down for nux refills Sad Hanging onto a 62 win streak atm, hoping to grab the 100 streak by tomorrow. I keep getting to 60 then failing, no more! -_-
Back to top Go down
wilyone

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:45 am

So Mobage seems to have decided that SS's step-up pack is a great model to copy. I was going say that at least DOT seems to promise a souped up Epic to help power through the event for all the $$ they want you to spend. Of course, the quoted stats are max, 5/5 SEF with the insane 2000% bonus.

I did put in some money towards the end of the last event for a guaranteed Epic since the Mortal Threat mobs had effectively stopped my progress in the event. Well, that only let me get 10 more victories before the Epic in the mob was killing my line before my fastest unit could get a spell off. But hey, I've got 2 nice shiny Epics to show for my $$. Smile

I'm back to slowly building my army and mostly skipping boss battles. Oh, at least Mobage is refunding your BP if you spent it without actually managing to "damage" the boss due to other folks finishing it off before you can register damage.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm

So I haven't posted my thoughts on DOT recently here, but I have elsewhere. I'll try to be brief but I'm not, really.

Last event: doxite rates seemed a lot lower than previous events. Ambushes the last day were a bad idea (although I bought the $30 guaranteed epic and it was a mage, and it would just one-shot things all day, I think I got to mission 3-11 in the Stadium). They should have reset or dropped the victory count if you lost to one. I'm hoping that's just growing pains from trying out something new. (A lot of people growl that it's DeNA making it that way so people have to spend more money on GLU, but I want to believe more positively that they miscalculated just how show-stopping ambushes would be for some people).

This event: I was anticipating a mob raid, but we just got... a raid event instead, haha. Apparently Dot of Midnight was the same thing. What I DON'T like about it: No daily rewards/prizes whatsoever, far as I can see. That's what I've really liked about DOT -- it's not all about some leaderboard a week away, it's about getting things at the end of the day, and that's always been fun. This event doesn't have that, unless they do the thing they usually do where they decide to add a feature two days in (and inevitably fuck it up anyway). That's the biggest issue. Secondly, there's no nux bits as a clincher, which isn't as fun either.

Step up/"tier" builds: I'm... not surprised? First of all, some brief history/digging I did:

DeNA, which is listed as the developer or whatever for DOT, is also listed on games such as Blood Brothers, Hellfire, and probably more. What exactly is DeNA? DeNA is the company that owns Mobage. They OWN MOBAGE! Even if the developer teams are most likely differnet, DeNA owns half these card/freemium games and hosts the ones they don't (such as Fantasica). I wouldn't be surprised if the step-up packs originated from some non-Fantasica game and just got copied by all these fairly similar games.

Now, tier builds. I don't mind. I expect this from Mobage. In fact, coming from Fantasica, the fact that they technically guarantee you the event epic (1000% edge -- obviously not as good after the event, but I guess pretty necessary to compete) at the last step is kinda, sorta nice? I've seen SO many people blow up at DeNA over this (they're just looking to cash in, they're ruining the game, blahblahblah) but all I can think of, is, you're playing a Mobage game, no shit sherlock. If you want to compete and rank in the top leaderboard, you are a whale who is spending hundreds or thousands of dollars. Yes, Mobage games are pay to win games. Goddamn, people.
Back to top Go down
wilyone

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Very true Clock. I'm actually happy that DOT gives you the Epic after all that money unlike some other games. That is part of the reason why I broke down and spent $30 for the last event. You at least can be sure you get something for the $$. And yes, DeNA/Mobage games are definitely pay to win. I am, at least, getting a bit more back for my playtime in DOT than I did in Blood Brothers.

As for the Epic one-shotting things all day, I couldn't make it past 3-3 due to the Ambushes. I just didn't see myself buying that much GLU to rez my whole team and keep going. I even went back to 2-8 in hopes that it might get a little easier and I could finish the dungeon a couple more times. Nope. Arrested progress the moment I hit an ambush. But hey, a guaranteed similith for something that has a hope of getting to epic was nice despite the ambush c*ck block. While I didn't finish the last event with 1000s of doxite, I did pull the most similith I've ever gotten in a single event and managed to get at least 1 of my rare units to 5/5. If nothing else, the log in daily to earn 3 more epics will be nice.

And yes, I'm a bit underwhelmed with this event, but hey, a little bit of playtime 2x a day is all I need for now in DOT.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:17 pm

1000% EDGE! wtf...
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Yeah, I was wondering when all this was going to come out, I myself just havent had the time to write it.

I think I slept through the last three events...I know I didn't do the mighty elements, didn't really do the echelons and definitly didn't do the stadium one. There was just this trend of money grabbing techniques that I couldn't be a part of.

Upper echelons: Like we discussed before, that Firebird is awesome. But the mucaphors and everything else was sub-par...Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we get energy element prize units too often. Then there was just the general trend of having to grind AGAINST players in a set bracket, where sometimes other players got in the way of progress. This one is just a personal gripe really, no hate on DeNA here.

The Mighty Elements: Probably the most lackluster event I've seen in some time, and with some of the worst mechanics. That hero edge crap on terrible units like the Gela and those welkinborn was just a slap in the face. The units with hero edge were almost always at a complete disadvantage against the thriller mobs, which were tailor made to decimate anyones band, by combning freakishly high levels with a 400% edge... It was a big screw job, and they weren't about to fool me into paying 30$ on G.L.U.

Stadium&Such (Latest event): This was even worse (I didn't think it possible) than the Mighty Elements. First, for the doungeon with the high casters, only the FireBird and a select few lvl 60-80 Epics could hope to challenge them. High Casters are destructive, cutting through lines like butter, and units with high agility might hit first, but they have such abyssmal atk that they can't OHKO. So I tried hitting casters w/casters, and none of my skills were Procing half as much as they should have been. The warriors are usually dropped by high casters, but once again, none of my skillss were procking at a believable rate. And the biggest slap in the face here was that most of the hero-edge units could only be got by purchasing builds. WTF???

Now this new event is a breath of fresh air. The first good thing they did was give the hero edsge to units released in a previous event. So a) We finally have a chance to complete some self fuses from before and b) people who don't want to pay this time still have a chance for some edge. Also, I like the paragon. I bought a few steps, and I plan to buy more. I already pulled an epic on step 2, and was able to complete a self fuse from before. This is one of those most proising events I've seen in a long time! I'm excited!!!!
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 pm

I actually picked up D.O.T. before I started playing Fantasia. I haven't logged into it in a couple days because I've been grinding on Fanta, but I really enjoy it. It puts the other mobile games I was playing to shame. The login bonuses are actually pretty good and useful, and you can actually get some pretty useful units from events (once you self-fuse them up to rares.)

The self-fusion aspect is something I really miss while playing Fantasia, which is more like an actual card game in that you have to draw units from packs. The trade-off is there's no real sense of community or camaraderie in D.O.T., and in fact a lot of the time you're struggling AGAINST other players who have vastly superior teams because they've been playing longer (or have been spending way more $$$) than you.

But it doesn't bother me that much, because I don't really care about events or leaderboards or competition. I really only play for the single-player campaign; and that's kind of why I stopped playing it. Because drawing rares (not to mention epics!) is so random, and self-fusing up to one takes so long, I've kind of stalled on my quests at the first truly hard boss I've faced and I just cannot get past him in three turns. It's not even that all my units are dead, I just run out of time and he gets away.

What got me hooked was the trailer, of all things. Like many people I'm getting a little tired of retro-style pixel art games (and as an amateur pixel artist, that may be saying something), but something about the tone and the atmosphere really grabbed me. What little dialogue there is in this game is actually pretty deep and melancholy, and that's a welcome change from stale try-hards with no real substance (I'm looking at you, Blood Brothers Neutral ).

"I yearn for battle. Is my heart black, that I should think such a thing?"
Back to top Go down
vitamin99
☆☆
vitamin99

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Defender of Texel   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:47 pm

i recently started playing this game from Mobage. does anyone else play it? my ign is Vitaminium, add me if u want.

About the game:
The 8/16 bit art work is kind of interesting. the gameplay is a little similar to blood bros if u played that game. you can customize a team of 9 members and swipe your screen to select 3 fighters for each turn. your team members can level up and evolve, which i like. For this current events, you can actually do well as a free player since you are competing with 10 randomly select players similar to you, and you are ranked 1 to 10 daily this way. i noticed a lot people aren't too active and i get decent additions to my team on daily basis Very Happy but, im still pretty new so i don't know too much yet.

well, if you want to try this game, you can use my referral code to get a rare unit: 8NVo (caps matters i think)

peace!
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:57 pm

vitamin99 wrote:
i recently started playing this game from Mobage. does anyone else play it? my ign is Vitaminium, add me if u want.

About the game:
The 8/16 bit art work is kind of interesting. the gameplay is a little similar to blood bros if u played that game. you can customize a team of 9 members and swipe your screen to select 3 fighters for each turn. your team members can level up and evolve, which i like. For this current events, you can actually do well as a free player since you are competing with 10 randomly select players similar to you, and you are ranked 1 to 10 daily this way. i noticed a lot people aren't too active and i get decent additions to my team on daily basis Very Happy but, im still pretty new so i don't know too much yet.

well, if you want to try this game, you can use my referral code to get a rare unit: 8NVo (caps matters i think)

peace!

Your post has been merged with the existing DOT thread (which was on the first page of the general chat section). Please take a look before creating a new thread, thanks.
Back to top Go down
vitamin99
☆☆
vitamin99

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm

oh yeah, that was my bad. i didn't realized dot was defense of texel silent still new to the game rabbit
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Still playing DOT daily, as it's one of those things you only have to pick up every 1.5, to 5 hours depending on the event. I thought the teir build was lol, but they at least DID give you what you were searching for and that's kinda nice. If anyone needs an ally look me up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RisingKuuga

RisingKuuga

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Ack! This is surprisingly addicting. Hope it doesn't take too much time from Fantasica...
Back to top Go down
The6thToe
☆☆
The6thToe

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 5:18 pm

pulled an epic from doxite or voxite or whatever the event yellow crystals were last night. good times. i like how you could skip playing for a while and feel not so left out.
Back to top Go down
RisingKuuga

RisingKuuga

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Yeah, I like that about it too. In Fantasica, at least with most events, you have to be there all the time or you're out.
Back to top Go down
wilyone

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:30 am

I was cruising along on the just milk the rewards coaster for this event until I ended up in a mob with the #1. He racked up over a million points for that 12 hr period. That Paragon really does make a difference. I can't tell if he is burning more than 3 bits at a time, but damn, no way of taking MVP from him. I made 2nd place in the mob by burning bits to make sure I got in on the boss before he took it down.

If the next tiered build happens at a better time for me, I may buy in to get the guaranteed epic paragon. I'm half-way through the 3rd "dungeon" and only the rare form of the paragon is holding up. The rest of my group is getting ripped to shreds. I should have bought the 10 GLU and 10 duct tape for 100 coins thing each day for that last event.
Back to top Go down
Vaarn

Vaarn

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:39 am

There's a trade option in DOT now that has the "COMING SOON" banner slapped across it.

I wonder if bitters and banunus are going to be the prime currency when it finally opens!
Back to top Go down
The6thToe
☆☆
The6thToe

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 pm

meh. i don't see the need for trading in a game like DOT.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 am

Yeah in the beginning trading would have been cool but it's kinda late in the game now lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D.O.T. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.O.T.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: