Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

5 Million BT really?

Go down 
+9
ChibiLeen
Callanthe
Kadaan
ehrik
memphiskite
predator852
aszutai
rotarywhiz
13 posters
AuthorMessage
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

5 Million BT really? Empty
PostSubject: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Well I'm all for a company making money after all they made the game and keep it updated and that costs money and resources and so forth, but to make the grand prize 5mil bt to obtain is a little much. I have read through most of the posts on the event and it seems like most people feel the same way but in reality where does it stop? If people are willing to lay down $1500+ on a cell phone game to acquire a digital item whats to stop SS from making the grand prize on the next panel event 10mil bt?
SS must have taken a page or two from the "How to squeeze every dime from your customers" the oil company handbook, I enjoy playing the game but I see no end to their greed and I also predict that it will only get worse in the months to come if people keep supporting this by dishing out crazy amounts of cash.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Quite simple really, they either reel themselves in before things get too horrible (don't happen often), or they keep going down the track you mention until the straws finally break the camel's back and result in a large percentage of the players abandoning the game.

At which point they have two choices: Fix up their broken game hoping to attract players to the game again or let it die slowly and milk as much money as possible out of the shrinking player base before the game fails.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 pm

It's not only that ridiculous level, it's the extremely low overall level of all the other rewards.
In Japan, they are giving numerous 4* units up to the rank 3500, as well as other three 4* units on the way to the 1,500,000 BTs, and extremely valuable goddess fruits that increase maximum star count for a unit.

We are getting worthless Wish and Premium tickets instead...
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:38 pm

57803882 wrote:
It's not only that ridiculous level, it's the extremely low overall level of all the other rewards.
In Japan, they are giving numerous 4* units up to the rank 3500, as well as other three 4* units on the way to the 1,500,000 BTs, and extremely valuable goddess fruits that increase maximum star count for a unit.

We will get the goddess fruit eventually, and they get more rewards because the game has been out in Japan longer so they have a bigger player base. Eventually we will get 4*s up to 3500 as well, Look, we already have Francois up to 50, while Elth was only 15!
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm

5,000,000 BT points to get Debbie...?

Maybe it's cause I'm one of the few players who ranked quite high in these sorts of events, that maybe I can't see how it can be that hard... Oh well, I'll shut up now...

*throws Mobage $1200 again*
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Sorry, my mistake - that's 4* up to 7500...
And in Japan they are giving out 4* units for easily reached targets like 150,000 Bts, and those are irrespective of player base.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 pm

57803882 wrote:
Sorry, my mistake - that's 4* up to 7500...
And in Japan they are giving out 4* units for easily reached targets like 150,000 Bts, and those are irrespective of player base.

Maybe the Japanese have just been nice this year, and we've been naughty, sending them threats to sue, issuing chargebacks, and just generally being not from Japan!
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:34 pm

memphiskite wrote:

Maybe it's cause I'm one of the few players who ranked quite high in these sorts of events, that maybe I can't see how it can be that hard... Oh well, I'll shut up now...

Actually, I hate to confess this because I generally try to side with the free players (because I wish I had the willpower to be one) but I thought the same thing when I saw this. Yeah, 5mill was unexpected, but with a ot of grinding, and the new 6*, which would be kinda easy to get if you pulled 6 boxes, would yield more than 150k from each box!
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:45 pm

predator852 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:

Actually, I hate to confess this because I generally try to side with the free players (because I wish I had the willpower to be one) but I thought the same thing when I saw this. Yeah, 5mill was unexpected, but with a ot of grinding, and the new 6*, which would be kinda easy to get if you pulled 6 boxes, would yield more than 150k from each box!

Yeah, it's a shame to hear another event is booting all free players away, even if this is a co-op event, but I always expected the game to do this always. Yeah, the 6* should be somewhat easy to obtain if you buy the boxes mostly for the tickets. Kinda disappointing they stuck with merging the new units with the standard boxes again. Feels like they're trying to cheat us again....

Also, if you compare this to the FoA events, earning BT pts is easier than before. Previously, beating Black Dragon will rake in 11000BT pts with 3 tickets. Here, Vampiress will give you 30000BT with 6 tickets. So, let's say you've already spent 30 tickets battling only the strongest boss, Black Dragon will give a total of 110k BT, while Vampiress dishes out 150k BT. To make it even easier, the Xmas units are giving out bonuses so that will also increase your winnings a lot faster.

So it's really not that bad at all.... in the eyes of a money-oaying player of course... Neutral
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm

memphiskite wrote:
predator852 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:

Yeah, it's a shame to hear another event is booting all free players away, even if this is a co-op event, but I always expected the game to do this always. Yeah, the 6* should be somewhat easy to obtain if you buy the boxes mostly for the tickets. Kinda disappointing they stuck with merging the new units with the standard boxes again. Feels like they're trying to cheat us again....

Also, if you compare this to the FoA events, earning BT pts is easier than before. Previously, beating Black Dragon will rake in 11000BT pts with 3 tickets. Here, Vampiress will give you 30000BT with 6 tickets. So, let's say you've already spent 30 tickets battling only the strongest boss, Black Dragon will give a total of 110k BT, while Vampiress dishes out 150k BT. To make it even easier, the Xmas units are giving out bonuses so that will also increase your winnings a lot faster.

So it's really not that bad at all.... in the eyes of a money-oaying player of course... Neutral

Yeap, you've just explained inthe most concise manner why, until ToS&M, Gunner is actually one of the cheapest event 6*s to get
Back to top Go down
ehrik

ehrik

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:15 pm

57803882 wrote:

not only that they have 3 more santa units in their box sets lol
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

predator852 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
predator852 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:

Yeap, you've just explained inthe most concise manner why, until ToS&M, Gunner is actually one of the cheapest event 6*s to get

LOL XD
So true, so true. Still planning to bring one home to my place Wink
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 pm

They may as well just start selling BT directly. 5-10k BT per 100 mobacoin, so only $500-$1k for the 5m BT 6* and they'll make a TON off people trying for rank! Plus everyone who is close to a reward would spend a couple hundred coins to push themselves up to that rank.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆
Callanthe

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Kadaan wrote:
They may as well just start selling BT directly. 5-10k BT per 100 mobacoin, so only $500-$1k for the 5m BT 6* and they'll make a TON off people trying for rank! Plus everyone who is close to a reward would spend a couple hundred coins to push themselves up to that rank.

Dude, don't give them ideas O___O

I personally don't mind that as a free player, a ton of things are out of my reach. But I was hoping that I might least have a chance for a 4* :/
It looks like this holiday I'll just get Lucy and maybe a premium ticket or two.
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:41 am

Callanthe wrote:
But I was hoping that I might least have a chance for a 4* :/

You will get a 4* out of this event, if we manage to open all panels. Smile When all nine panels are flipped, the final tenth panel will be uncovered. If this event follows the pattern, the last panel reward will be a 4*.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:54 am

The Japanese have a different way of treating their costumers. Their gratitude is different compared to other west side countries.

After WW2 Japan was the worst country in shape but managed to become richer than many other countries bigger than them in just 30 years.

I don't think we can understand how the Japs got it better. Maybe we are all too busy complaining and business are too capitalized. Should we compare our selves to the Japanese? Maybe we should adapt to their culture first. I think people like us just got more time to spend.
Back to top Go down
Almighty97

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:48 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
Callanthe wrote:
But I was hoping that I might least have a chance for a 4* :/

You will get a 4* out of this event, if we manage to open all panels. Smile When all nine panels are flipped, the final tenth panel will be uncovered. If this event follows the pattern, the last panel reward will be a 4*.

i dont think we can even hit the 5th panel. lol
Back to top Go down
visionofthegods
☆☆
visionofthegods

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

lmnseason wrote:
The Japanese have a different way of treating their costumers. Their gratitude is different compared to other west side countries.

After WW2 Japan was the worst country in shape but managed to become richer than many other countries bigger than them in just 30 years.

I don't think we can understand how the Japs got it better. Maybe we are all too busy complaining and business are too capitalized. Should we compare our selves to the Japanese? Maybe we should adapt to their culture first. I think people like us just got more time to spend.

The thing about Japanese culture is they live more meagerly but are by no means poorer than us. The money westerners spend on big houses, nice cars, going out on the town, etc they spend on things like this, and its much more culturally accepted than here. They have smaller living spaces, more affordable automobiles if they even have one, and where westerners are more likely to spend alot of money going out with friends, they are more likely to just hang out with the biggest expense being grabbing dinner. And you would be far more likely to see them in groups playing games like this together than you would with Americans. So they are more likely to spend large sums of money on a game like this, the way Americans buy First person shooters and all the map packs and add on that go along with it.

I used to think people were crazy to spend 100s on a game like this, but then I realized how much I spent on Magic the Gathering cards, Warhammer, Warmachine, and Heroclix over the years. And I am on these games ALOT more than I ever played those, where it would have been 1 day a week if I was lucky enough to have a decent play group.

Sorry for the rant, but Ive been to Japan, and unless you go and see entire stores devoted to Dragonball Z and anime, grown men buying Pokemon Dolls the size a real one would be, and the rows and rows of vending machines on the streets selling video game related material, then you cant understand how much they spend on something like this.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 pm

I love that about the world though...I love see how people can find completely different ways to make the most out of life!

Although I could never live the way you explained, it sounds fun!

People knock me for enjoying the company of animals more than humans, then they get all fascinated when they see the control and respect I get from dogs and cats that don't even know me. And then they get jealous when they see how much money I make grooming and sitting them!

So when you say the culture who gave me Pokemon lives different than I do, I say more power to them!
Back to top Go down
solascension

solascension

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:04 pm

I agree, 5 million bt is ridiculous for something you should be able to earn from playing. Rank rewards are for the people who dish out thousands of dollars, but for a normal player (which majority of player base is) thats ridiculous.

It should be a number that is hard to get to, but is obtainable with enough effort. There's no reward or even incentive, it's barely possible to get to the 5*, and that's not sleeping, playing ever single 5 minutes.

edit: I'm not trying to insult paying players with this post, I'm just stating that the common player deserves obtainable incentives without having to pay, that can be achieved with effort, and this isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Million BT really?   5 Million BT really? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 Million BT really?
Page 1 of 1