Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Raise your hand if you hate this event

Go down 
+24
Strenhelden
turtlesaur
Uriel
Ryokushin
kgst
po1102
shinjichan
aszutai
manabe
lmnseason
myad
mythic99
themadmanazn
Despoted
BkWiz
Blargod
predator852
Ghost_Star
Whenesday
Kingcolex
joeladams20
KuroStar
zachay2000
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Despoted
☆☆

Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 pm

I am pretty sure it's 2 hours. The 1 hour countdown that you see next to your ally starts one hour after they become inactive.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Blargod wrote:
Oh is it? Nice to know that. I thought it had something to do with people running the game on the background of their phones but I guess I was wrong.

Just updated my earlier post, it's 2 hours. Just tested it again to be sure.

And to answer your partial question, running the game without doing anything in it does not keep you logged in indefinitely.

You 'must' do something that logs you into the server logs in order to be counted as 'playing'.

I've tested this before by leaving my second phone running Fantasica, turning off lockout screen/screensaver, sitting at the main page, logged in etc. After two hours of leaving it on, I was considered 'logged out' on my allies list.

Things that log you into the server logs are : Trading, posting a message, training, etc. Basically anything that uses up CP/Timers/messages. Paging through different pages/options or wall browsing do not log you into the server logs if I am not mistaken.

I am not 100% sure of the second one however, so theoretically you can be on Fantasica but not 'logged in' if you browse walls for 2 hours+...
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 pm

^Many thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 pm

BkWiz wrote:

This is the second time you beat me to the punch on posting something. I was JUST thinking about posting the event types, and who they favor, etc after reading all the posts in the current event thread.

Are you sure you're not me in disguise? Smile

Lol, I kinda wish you would have beat me to it, because I hate having to write essays on a forum just to explain my stance!

And I am a master of disguise in my spare time, so you never know afro
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Blargod wrote:
^ The thing I don't like about the ally system is that people are limited to having their allies online for 1 hour if they're offline. The only reason why I'm not suffering from this anymore is because almost all my allies are hardcore. The ally system doesn't definitely promote casual play.

I'd gladly pay Luna and ally points to keep my lead on for my allies instead of having my device on.

You did bring up another example of how Fanta could improve on one of the things it fails at:
Currency use. The fact that this game is so ready to hand people more luna than they can carry and gives them no "end game" use for it is more than frustrating. As I've said before, I use every feeder I get as a raw enhancing material for high level units just to keep my luna below 10 million, and I shouldnt have to.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 pm

predator852 wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

This is the second time you beat me to the punch on posting something. I was JUST thinking about posting the event types, and who they favor, etc after reading all the posts in the current event thread.

Lol, I kinda wish you would have beat me to it, because I hate having to write essays on a forum just to explain my stance!

And people wonder why I don't post more information about events and gameplay...It's not because I'm a secretive asshole, though I am secretive to some extent, it's mostly because having to explain each and every single part of a finding is a pain.

Just updating my DPS thread with 4 new units takes up a good 1+ hour of my time due to formatting, crosschecking, speed testing etc.

4. Units. Only.

It took me a good 3-4+ hours just to set up the entire thread/posts...If I included the testing time...yeah I was really bored. Smile

That's the reason why I'm not even touching the 5*s even though I have the data for the event 5*s already...

Last edited by BkWiz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 pm

I am not a fan of training events either. It is true it frees up time (only need to play once every 30 minutes or so), but as a semi-casual player (as in I have yet to dump hundreds of dollars into this game) I find all the worth while prizes are out of my reach.

Top 200 and the 50K Spirit Shard rewards (5* units) are both extremely difficult to achieve. I have been playing pretty religiously at this event and my overall rank has dropped quickly from the beginning. At first I was around rank 200. By now I have dropped to around rank 450. At this rate I am concerned I won't even get the 4* Laughing.

I am also floating around 12500 Spirit Shards by now which means I only get about 3000 a day. That means I may not even get Henry by the end of the event! I am not sure how they designed the point and reward system here but I think a player who plays as much as I do should at least be able to get the 4* rewards Sad

Last edited by themadmanazn on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 pm

BkWiz wrote:
predator852 wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

And people wonder why I don't post more information about events and gameplay...

Just updating my DPS thread with 4 new units takes up a good 1+ hour of my time due to formatting, crosschecking, speed testing etc.

4. Units. Only.

It took me a good 3-4+ hours just to set up the entire thread/posts...If I included the testing time...yeah I was really bored. Smile

That's the reason why I'm not even touching the 5*s even though I have the data for the event 5*s already...

Gimme the data, I'll make the post for you Very Happy (seriously)
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:49 pm

predator852 wrote:
Blargod wrote:
^ The thing I don't like about the ally system is that people are limited to having their allies online for 1 hour if they're offline. The only reason why I'm not suffering from this anymore is because almost all my allies are hardcore. The ally system doesn't definitely promote casual play.

I'd gladly pay Luna and ally points to keep my lead on for my allies instead of having my device on.

You did bring up another example of how Fanta could improve on one of the things it fails at:
Currency use. The fact that this game is so ready to hand people more luna than they can carry and gives them no "end game" use for it is more than frustrating. As I've said before, I use every feeder I get as a raw enhancing material for high level units just to keep my luna below 10 million, and I shouldnt have to.

I agree with you completely. This is one of the reasons why the game gets boring after a certain point. It feels that you're no longer progressing. I actually posted a suggestion on mobage's website. It's much more conservative than Dnonamus' suggestion so I'm hoping that they can forward the idea to SS.
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:33 pm

I can't believe how fast nerd rage can spawn a multiple page section. I'm so proud!
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:44 pm

zachay2000 wrote:
I can't believe how fast nerd rage can spawn a multiple page section. I'm so proud!

Lol, whats worse is that we almost completely strayed away from the point of your thread.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:46 pm

BkWiz wrote:
predator852 wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

And people wonder why I don't post more information about events and gameplay...It's not because I'm a secretive asshole, though I am secretive to some extent, it's mostly because having to explain each and every single part of a finding is a pain.

4. Units. Only.

I was thinking that when I saw the result of your thread. Just the thought of having a phone in one hand and a stop watch in the other would have been enough to make me post the idea and then walk away so someone else would do it. Are you going to continue to get the 6*s and add them or are you gonna just let it die eventually like Struesdells tier list?
Back to top Go down
zachay2000

zachay2000

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm

predator852 wrote:
zachay2000 wrote:

Lol, whats worse is that we almost completely strayed away from the point of your thread.

I'm cool with that. NERD RAGE ON!
Back to top Go down
mythic99
☆☆
mythic99

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 pm

This event in itself is not that* bad.

But the newly added lag and constant reloading to the top page has been a real fun drainer for me.

It takes 10 seconds to just load up my page and sometimes my character runs for 30 seconds in training without encountering anything*, sometimes it just got promptly kicked to the top screen.

Annoying as hell when you tried to do anything.

Not to mention the card pack is just re-use reward Jap. players got it for free (well invitations). And reward is ... ... un-interesting.

Halloween event was much better in comparison.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:48 pm

i'd have to say that this event is really more dependant on LUCK than others...

i mean... you could be using 100 pots and still get 0 encounters. you could also be using 100 pots + paris and still get 0 encounters...

i mean... when you compare with colloseum-type events... though luck can still play a role, it does not play a SIGNIFICANT role like what we have in training. with colloseum style event, if you have good units and team... then you're likely to win. and what matters in the end for such event... how many TE you can afford to use (to increase your win).

this training event... it's all luck. if you feel lucky and are lucky, you dun even need Paris.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:25 pm

predator852 wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
predator852 wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

4. Units. Only.

I was thinking that when I saw the result of your thread. Just the thought of having a phone in one hand and a stop watch in the other would have been enough to make me post the idea and then walk away so someone else would do it. Are you going to continue to get the 6*s and add them or are you gonna just let it die eventually like Struesdells tier list?

As long as I am playing, I will maintain the list.

I wouldn't start it unless I was going to maintain it. Smile

That being said it's already updated to the latest 6*s.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 am

I'm having trouble with the quest page loading pretty darn slow. I'm currently ranked at 800 but I don't really care about that right now. After getting Mary, I am back to doing whatever. The ranking rewards are not so interesting that I would rather get 3 premium tickets and 3 TE. I'm already disappointed that Mary is not what I thought is. I would love to get on the 200 rankings but that's not gonna happen to any free player.

Right now, I'm just maintaining my rank between 700-1000. I'm not sure if it's worth getting the 4* card from the ranking. If it is, then I'll play more to reach 600 within a few days. I think it's possible because I was around 6000 last Saturday night. I'm probably lucky since most of my allies are 5* and 6*.

I find it a lot better to have an event that generates more TE. If I can make 5-10 TE in a day, I'd be happy doing the event for a week with all my spare time spent on the phone. I'll bring my charger everywhere I go and play every down time.
Back to top Go down
manabe

manabe

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:36 am

im in the 400s
just dont get why the rewards are so bad and the game is so glitchy
shard rewards make me frown pretty hard

Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 am

Can't wait for this event to be over -_-;

I'm just gonna take it easy on the next training event lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
shinjichan

shinjichan

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:22 pm

lmnseason wrote:
I'm having trouble with the quest page loading pretty darn slow. I'm currently ranked at 800 but I don't really care about that right now. After getting Mary, I am back to doing whatever. The ranking rewards are not so interesting that I would rather get 3 premium tickets and 3 TE. I'm already disappointed that Mary is not what I thought is. I would love to get on the 200 rankings but that's not gonna happen to any free player.

Right now, I'm just maintaining my rank between 700-1000. I'm not sure if it's worth getting the 4* card from the ranking. If it is, then I'll play more to reach 600 within a few days. I think it's possible because I was around 6000 last Saturday night. I'm probably lucky since most of my allies are 5* and 6*.

I find it a lot better to have an event that generates more TE. If I can make 5-10 TE in a day, I'd be happy doing the event for a week with all my spare time spent on the phone. I'll bring my charger everywhere I go and play every down time.

I'm on the same boat, rank between 800-900. After I got Mary I pretty much ran away from all the bosses. I guess it's a good thing because I actually get to take a break hehe (I didn't sleep well during the Amazon event and the Den of Sin event because I was too busy earning points and rewards. Shocked
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

aszutai wrote:
Can't wait for this event to be over -_-;

I'm just gonna take it easy on the next training event lol

that is what I said to myself after the halloween training event and I still am devoting too much time in this event
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 am

Well I'm not a fan of any luck-based event either, but since my most wanted card is a 100k reward for a future training event, I have to get used to it.

So far all my 4* bosses are above lvl 100, rank 376 and have 30k shards. And I'm using a Tom that an ally gave me for free. No pot spent (saving pots for that event Razz).
Back to top Go down
kgst
☆☆☆
kgst

PostSubject: A gripe about the current event.   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 pm

So I haven't been playing this game for too long, but personally I just need to say this event is terrible.

I mean you get enough tickets to fight the bosses twice which is just putting your guys in front and waiting to see who wins, and then if you lose waiting 10 minutes to finish the boss off. Then you wait and randomly get prizes every once in a while, and you can get some BT prizes if you grind 25-3 a bunch.

I mean the last event was pretty fun because there was actually a challenge to it, and it was fun trying to beat all the levels in the allotted time but this just seems pointless.

Anyways, just wanted to complain, but also ask a question:

How often are events? And are many of them in this style?
Back to top Go down
http://FantasiTrade.com
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Panel events are pretty much for the game to profit. It's not fair for free players or to some people who got no time but there are other events that we can take on.

we have at least 3 events every month. You're not really supposed to ace every events because the only way to do that is if you have a really crazy freedom. I'm just glad that this event is granting the enhance boost which I really love.

Just wait to the arena event which should be soon and then we will have another tower shortly. It might go in order or it might not.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 am

kgst wrote:
So I haven't been playing this game for too long, but personally I just need to say this event is terrible.

I mean you get enough tickets to fight the bosses twice which is just putting your guys in front and waiting to see who wins, and then if you lose waiting 10 minutes to finish the boss off. Then you wait and randomly get prizes every once in a while, and you can get some BT prizes if you grind 25-3 a bunch.

I mean the last event was pretty fun because there was actually a challenge to it, and it was fun trying to beat all the levels in the allotted time but this just seems pointless.

Anyways, just wanted to complain, but also ask a question:

How often are events? And are many of them in this style?

I will merge this thread with another thread with THE EXACT SAME STATEMENT made during FOA2...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raise your hand if you hate this event
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next