Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

5* Area Attack Unit

Go down 
+2
chaosbladeuk
shin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shin

5* Area Attack Unit Empty
PostSubject: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 1:33 am

After looking through the Struesdell's thread on Tier List, I realize that there aren't really any good 5* units with Area Attack. However, I do want to have a unit with Area Attack for certain events.
Therefore I have eliminated down to 2 units, Sitri and Sonia. I'm still undecided so would like to get some opinions from the more experienced players. Which of them is better? Or did I eliminate away a 5* unit with Area Attack that is better than the 2 above? bounce
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:58 am

shin wrote:
After looking through the Struesdell's thread on Tier List, I realize that there aren't really any good 5* units with Area Attack. However, I do want to have a unit with Area Attack for certain events.
Therefore I have eliminated down to 2 units, Sitri and Sonia. I'm still undecided so would like to get some opinions from the more experienced players. Which of them is better? Or did I eliminate away a 5* unit with Area Attack that is better than the 2 above? bounce

In my opinion both of them have their uses and advantages. I shall start with Sonia. She is faster and she's a melee AA. Currently there are no other melee AA, which puts her in a class of her own. The fact that she is also a C speed unit, means she is one of the fastest AA units (Oktavia and Reve I think are the same speed, please correct me if I'm wrong). The only thing that she hasn't got it going for her is her deploy cost, her range and the fact her max stats are pretty average.

Sitri is one of the better AA units, due to his low deploy cost (at 15) and the fact that his stats are pretty even. Although he is a D speed, he actually attacks quite fast compared to other units. He isn't unique as there are a plethora of units that are magic and are AA.

Your next question is whether having a 5* unit with AA is required? To me AA are good in only two events - coliseum and mina's trial like events. Against bosses they falter slightly due to usually not having 1 overwhelming stats. I manage to do a coliseum event with no AA in my team and managed to do well. It's also depends on the rest of your team.
Back to top Go down
nijian84

nijian84

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 am

You can do Coliseum events easily with Knockback and Slow. Poison is nice if you have it. But AA is not needed. It's a nice powerful attack, but I did Coliseum events with KB/Slow. Smile
Back to top Go down
shin

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:04 am

Hmmm, I see. Thanks for your inputs. Re-thinking if it's really necessary to have Area Attack now. scratch
Back to top Go down
nijian84

nijian84

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 am

Necessary, no. Really nice? Sure!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:29 am

Sonia has an attack delay of 0.8. Even slower than Sarah (.55). Don't let that attack speed C fool you. She's actually slower in most cases but faster the colosseum.
Back to top Go down
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 am

personally I have a Kiki and I love her =)

- She has 175 range which is higher than the rest (except E speed Hilde). This is quite noticeable.

- Speed is D which is ok (sonia C is quite close to D...)

- Nice distribution (highest Air, low sea which is the least useful atk)

- Cheap
Back to top Go down
nijian84

nijian84

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 am

Reve is my current 6* AA chica. Speed is D, so it's slow, but good spread of dmg, higher on Land/Air, which is more common. Missle class, which is a little annoying, would rather caster but oh well. Smile She's fine! Very Happy Opened her in a pack to boot.
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 am

Kiki is very good and cost-effective due to commonality.

If you're thinking of arena events specifically, Sarah is a consideration: her ground attack is decent, she's no worse speed-wise than most of the others, and her 10 point deploy makes her an excellent rounding-out-the-team choice. Sitri is similar but will likely cost you a bit more to acquire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5* Area Attack Unit   5* Area Attack Unit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5* Area Attack Unit
Page 1 of 1