Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem

Go down 
+5
gutochan
iceydealer
Evageek
Admin
dnonamus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem Empty
PostSubject: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey everyone,
I just created this spreadsheet to help players pick the cards they want based on performance.
Link to the spreadsheet
The last column is intended to be an overall strength (or essentially the value of the unit) computed by combining the boss strength and quest strength and dividing by 2. Do you guys think I should add weight to boss or quest strength? I was thinking that it should be weighted more to bosses, but I'm torn because quest strength will help to determine tower and arena strength as well. Please give feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

I don't have an opinion on this since I have no clue what it does, but good job. And might want to fix Raumur's stats. Once I know what's happening, I'll make a clear statement on it.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Yea, I can't find Ramaur Hector or Piper's max stats online. (or any of the Halloween cards aside from Vampires & Werewolf). I think I'm going to imbed a word doc in the spreadsheet to explain the numbers.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Essentially you have the units stats, as they are on the card. then there is the unit's stats with a bonus multiplier generated by assigning a number value to abilities, speed and range and inserting the values into an equation I developed. this gives players the ability to make a comprehensive decision on which of their units will be more effective against a certain type of monster. The same type of bonus is generated to create the boss strength but I only considered the unit's speed for the bonus. The overall quest and boss strength stats are a combination of the three stats weighted for the amount of each type of monster/boss in the game. since there are substantially fewer air and sea monsters. For this reason units who are weaker in ground are hurt quite a bit by these overall stats.
Back to top Go down
Evageek
☆☆
Evageek

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:20 am

I have Raumur Maxed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks, I can finally update her.
Back to top Go down
iceydealer

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:20 am

props to this spreadsheet. I will use it =)
Back to top Go down
gutochan

gutochan

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Nice spreadsheet, thats a very good work.
But i think you may have to rethink the formula for quest strength (or at least explain it to me).
As, like, for example, when i order them for quest strength air, Monica comes at #42, behind Ayaha, Remika, aleistar and others that i cannot see why (especially Aleistar).

Also when i order from quest sea, monica comes at #28, behind Mihiro, who can be hardly said a better unit for sea monsters (both are magic units, and have D speed, Monica have better stats, and, if you are including deployment cost, the difference is only 5 points).

So the problem still stays at overall quest strength, as Halloween Helmut(37) is ranked higher than Monica(38), and i hardly believe Halloween Helmut is a better overall unit than Monica for quests.

On other hand, the boss ranks, is nice, even if i dont agree with all the ranks, it can be found a reason for it to be ranked that way.

Overall, the spreadsheet will be very useful.
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 am

If you still need the stats for max Frankenstein, they are:

23,597 [Land]
12,166 [Air]
18,779 [Sea]
Back to top Go down
digitalsynner

digitalsynner

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 am

dnonamus wrote:
Do you guys think I should add weight to boss or quest strength? I was thinking that it should be weighted more to bosses, but I'm torn because quest strength will help to determine tower and arena strength as well. Please give feedback.

IMO, I would weight the Boss score over the Quest score, because the analysis you are doing is more valuable to advanced players seeking to maximize their effectiveness in Events. The rewards for competing in Events far outweigh the rewards for unlocking new quests, even for completionists like myself, and I feel like Boss type Event battles are more common than Quest type Event battles.

Advanced players are typically grinding Quests to level cards, rather than trying to unlock new Quests. Once you have a few strong 4*/5*/6* and and/or a few powerful allies, unit range becomes less significant, and the value of Quest strength becomes negligible.

That's why I keep putting Achillea and Django back in my party, because the higher in the attack order they go, and the more often they have the potential to utilize their skills will determine the outcome of the battle.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Very good point, I think I'll make some adjustments, I'm thinking a 60:40 ratio weighted to bosses, not a huge difference but I believe the outcome will be noticeable.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:54 pm

New question, after playing around with Camille a bit I started to think that his quest and boss stats should reflect his deployed values (impacted by his attack boost). This will significantly change his scores but I believe it is more accurate since there is never a time when his boost would not apply.
Back to top Go down
Wheatmidge

Wheatmidge

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:22 pm

dnonamus wrote:
New question, after playing around with Camille a bit I started to think that his quest and boss stats should reflect his deployed values (impacted by his attack boost). This will significantly change his scores but I believe it is more accurate since there is never a time when his boost would not apply.

In Colosseum events his attack boost only has a chance to happen. I'm not sure if you consider colosseum a quests or a boss as far as stats go, or if it is just separate.

Also I'm curious about how you calculate attack speed in your formula. Because Magic units are generally faster than a same letter counterpart of either of the other two types.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:05 am

[quote="Wheatmidge"]
dnonamus wrote:
Also I'm curious about how you calculate attack speed in your formula. Because Magic units are generally faster than a same letter counterpart of either of the other two types.

Not quite true.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm

I will say this however dnonamus, nice job. There are only a few discrepancies I note so far.

(I compared it to my personal 6* melee DPS testing figures)

I'm not sure what formula you are using, but it's close to what I got for my stress testing in the Boss Strength Land category.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:19 pm

BkWiz wrote:
I will say this however dnonamus, nice job. There are only a few discrepancies I note so far.

(I compared it to my personal 6* melee DPS testing figures)

I'm not sure what formula you are using, but it's close to what I got for my stress testing in the Boss Strength Land category.

Thanks! As mentioned on another thread any discrepancies will likely be with the game's flawed speed system. I'd like to think mine is as close to a perfect system without actually running hundreds of DPS battery tests. I would like a chance to fix any flaws. Would you mind sending me the errors you identified Bk?

Last edited by dnonamus on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:31 pm

I'll be posting my results sometime soon. So you can compare it to your own formula.

I have melee already finished, and am working on completing the archers and mages.

Once I have that, you can use the data and reverse engineer it to get a formula for your spreadsheet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem   Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Created this spreadsheet to help, but I'm having a problem
Page 1 of 1