Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Opposite of a price check thread.

Go down 
3 posters

Is a Price Listing Thread a good idea?
Yes.
Opposite of a price check thread. I_vote_lcap67%Opposite of a price check thread. I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
Undecided.
Opposite of a price check thread. I_vote_lcap8%Opposite of a price check thread. I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
No.
Opposite of a price check thread. I_vote_lcap25%Opposite of a price check thread. I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
larrydust
☆☆
larrydust

Opposite of a price check thread. Empty
PostSubject: Opposite of a price check thread.   Opposite of a price check thread. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Just had an idea, and thought I'd post it here in hopes of getting some opinions on whether or not it's viable.

Instead of just a price check thread, I propose the opposite, a price posting/tracking thread. In this thread, people would voluntarily post the price that they just bought/sold a particular card for. It would require someone (a forum admin or member) to keep track of the prices posted and compile a pricing list at regular intervals. Perhaps updating the prices once a week or so. It should also be noted that the list would not be useful for an initial period of time (until enough posts have been made to compile a list).

I realize that some people may start taking this list as a hard and fast pricing list. However, that is what is happening to the tier list already, and that list is by no ways an accurate pricing list (since it does not take into account supply or demand). If the community is to look at a list to figure out prices, then the tiering list can be misleading, especially when it comes to limited edition cards.

Of course you would have to add the disclaimer that it is not an actual price for the cards, but merely a guide to help figure out prices. I realize there is some hesitation among admins and members to implement a pricing list, but there must be acknowledgement of the desire for a fair pricing list among the community. The fact that it is very difficult to verify these prices, should point people to the fact that it is a guide, not a hard and fast price list. (As it could be abused by seller's/buyer's trying to manipulate prices.)

I look at this possible list not as a tool to be used by the big-time traders in the community, as they most likely know the approximate value of their cards, but as a guide for people trying to get into 5★ and 6★ cards, but have no idea at all how much to offer for the more expensive cards. I, personally, hate offering something just to find that the price was too low, and inadvertently insulting the seller.

Lastly, this list would not replace the tier list or the price check thread, but sit alongside them. In fact, the tier list would (or at least should) have a major influence on the prices paid, as more useful cards always have a demand (depending on supply).

That being said, I would like to that everyone who has contributed to both the tier list and the price check thread. This community is stronger thanks to efforts like yours. I welcome any ideas/tweaks/comments about this idea. Heck, you can trash this idea, too! (Don't worry, I won't be insulted Razz )

Thanks for your time. (Sorry for the wall o' text.)
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Opposite of a price check thread.   Opposite of a price check thread. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm

It's a nice idea. But it's unlikely people will post their prices for obvious reasons.

Prices change within a day (Literally), so keeping an up to date pricing list would be tedious.

There is a reason why the stock market floor is always shown as being hectic and crowded.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Opposite of a price check thread.   Opposite of a price check thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:35 am

Too easy to manipulate so bad idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opposite of a price check thread.   Opposite of a price check thread. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opposite of a price check thread.
Page 1 of 1