Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

[Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

[Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List Empty
PostSubject: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:37 am

hello guys im creating a google docs list but i was wondering, do i add to much info? or worthless info, what are most importand info to note ?

List

Last edited by KuroNeko on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:57 am

KuroNeko wrote:
hello guys im creating a google docs list but i was wondering, do i add to much info? or worthless info, what are most importand info to note ?

List

I have a similar excel spreadsheet on my computer. Though, I don't keep things like range, and land/sea/air attack. At the stage in game, most people only keep 4* units for collection purpose, so it is kind of pointless to include those info. On the other hands, 5*+ units are something that you will use regularly, so it is not a bad idea to keep all those info.

My suggestion: Separate the spreadsheet into 4* and 5*+. The 4* one can have less detail, while the 5*+ one can more more detail.
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Looks nice, though the spreadsheet spans horizontally a bit too much, and it's a bit difficult moving back and forth. You can consider making the Top Line and the Left Line frozen in place so it's easy to see what stats i'm looking at or who's stats it belong to.

Also consider the use of icons, maybe it's just me, but I don't really like reading walls of text. If you added icons, I can identify the unit just about immediately, provided I know what the card looks like.

Unless it's for your own personal reference .3. but yeah
Back to top Go down
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:05 am

SnowTempest wrote:
Looks nice, though the spreadsheet spans horizontally a bit too much, and it's a bit difficult moving back and forth. You can consider making the Top Line and the Left Line frozen in place so it's easy to see what stats i'm looking at or who's stats it belong to.

Also consider the use of icons, maybe it's just me, but I don't really like reading walls of text. If you added icons, I can identify the unit just about immediately, provided I know what the card looks like.

and where do i find these icons ?!

SnowTempest wrote:

so yu say i should remove all spacings instead? and just say "4* alvida" as example ?

Last edited by KuroNeko on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:06 am

so humm i shold remove stuff like range and attack

like this ?

i noticed this doesnt work like ms excel that you sort untill spaceing

check list again
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:11 am

hmmm looks alot better now, well that I don't have to scroll left and right too much. And looked cleaner than before ^-^

This is the setup I was sorta referring to
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ah580hHTHdZadGN5QU9FRTE1TFNxM2FZMmVDaVV0VUE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=500

but you don't have to follow it, just giving you a general idea '3' Notice how the top row follows you as you scroll down? Since you already simplified your layout, I don't think you need it xD

[Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List Mummy_6_icon
Well as to icons... hmmm. you can probably take some off the Fantasica Wiki Unit List

http://www.fantasicawiki.com/units.php

just copy the image location then put it into google docs
If you're wondering how to input the picture on google docs, type =image("imagelink")
imagelink referring to the image location you copied from the Unit List

for example the mummy icon I posted a bit earlier in this post. type
=image("http://www.fantasicawiki.com/w/images/7/7b/Mummy_6_icon.png")
and it should run fine
Back to top Go down
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 am

humm cool , thx
Back to top Go down
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:19 am

also how do i make an image link in google docs, and how to center the names ?!
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:59 am

SnowTempest wrote:
[Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List Mummy_6_icon
Well as to icons... hmmm. you can probably take some off the Fantasica Wiki Unit List

http://www.fantasicawiki.com/units.php

just copy the image location then put it into google docs
If you're wondering how to input the picture on google docs, type =image("imagelink")
imagelink referring to the image location you copied from the Unit List

for example the mummy icon I posted a bit earlier in this post. type
=image("http://www.fantasicawiki.com/w/images/7/7b/Mummy_6_icon.png")
and it should run fine

the 'imagelink' word I typed in there, is for the direct link for the image. If you can see the example I posted above. That's how it should look like.

For example: You wanted to get Alegria's icon, you open the Fantasica Wiki List and do this:
http://prntscr.com/2xfte3
If you see the highlighted 'copy image location'. That's what you click.

Then going back on your spreadsheet start typing:
=image("             ")
and then you paste your copied image location in between the quotations
so it looks like this:
=image("http://www.fantasicawiki.com/w/images/e/e9/Algeria_icon.png")

About how to center text, use this button over here that you can find in the spreadsheet view and choose center align. It's kind of like microsoft word.

http://prntscr.com/2xfssi

I hope it's clear enough >3<'
Back to top Go down
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:41 am

ah cool thx,
is it also possible to make click image link to wiki ?
also what do you think about this, album images or unit images?

[Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List Jabalina_icon[Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List 64px-Jabalina_album
Back to top Go down
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:05 am

guys, i have a problem, google docs loads way to long am slow, is there any way to make it faster?
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:27 am

Change your internet provider/data plan?
Back to top Go down
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:35 am

i doubt its that, its google formulas it says , and my speed is 120/10mbit lol
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:38 pm

I dont know what browser u're using, but it's recommended to use up to date versions of firefox or chrome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List   [Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Q] Surguestions on Creating a Google Docs List
Page 1 of 1